1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

nduns x Chrysa

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by nduns, Jan 29, 2018.

1. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Soon enough, court was in session as Judge banged her gavel and said, "Alright, we are all here today for the trial of Raven Crow," looking toward the prosecutor's side and asking, "Wait, where's the prosecution?"

"Right here," came an ominous voice," Neil blinking as Raven's eyes widened for the first time in her entire life. And sure enough, the one to enter the room was a tall woman with black hair and perched atop her shoulder was an owl with bags under his eyes to show that he seldom ever slept. And as if that was not enough, this was the first time a member of the law had never even met Coraline before, so there was a legit excuse for Neil not to know who this was.

"I come to you all from years of prosecuting in Russia for this, the trial of my own daughter!" the woman exclaimed in a booming voice, "I am the real Raven Crow! Lila here has simply been using my own name as an alias!" Hades looking just as frightened as Lila.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Coraline chuckled and looked at the real Raven. "Nice to see you again Raven. Such a shame you're a disgrace for believing your daughter killed my mom. Myself and someone else saw the killer and it wasn't Lila," she answered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    The area went silent as Judge said, “Well, we should hear what she has to...”

“Overruled,” Raven retorted as Judge uttered, “But it’s my job to...” Raven adding, “First of all, this trial is a waste of time. My daughter has already confessed. Secondly, this so-called cop has been associated with criminals before. She let a dangerous man out of prison just because he didn’t strangle her. And now that man has fled the country. Clearly, this girl is not a reliable witness,” snapping her fingers and saying, “Now, Judge, give your verdict.”

4. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline slammed her hands down knowing it would catch the Judge's attention. "Your Honor, you have given verdicts. The evidence hasn't spoke for itself yet. Yes Jerome was let out of prison. But not because he didn't strangle me. Jerome has been known for one thing. Getting inside the psych of a criminal. Your Honor you saw it. When we proved Aristotle Means guilty, it was thanks to Jerome. He got into the psych of a criminal to deduce where we should proceed to. Jerome has went to another country to study Law. He wants to be good. But this prosecutor has prejudice against a criminal. I demand that we overrule this objection and let myself and the other witness speak! Lila is innocent. As much as she's downright nasty at points, she's innocent!"

5. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Judge was about to respond before noticing Raven glaring at her. But just as she was about to raise her gavel, Neil snapped, “Coraline is right! She says she witnessed the event, thus we should hear her...” only for Raven to hurl ten of her owl’s feathers into the wall next to his head, grunting, “You are her best friend. Of course you would say anything to take her side. It’s commendable, but this is a court of law. We don’t play favourites, hence why I have no problem exposing my own daughter. Now...” Judge grunting, “I will allow the witness to testify,” Raven’s eye twitching.

6. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline smiled and walked over to the stand. "Thank you your honor. Now that day. I was going to meet up with my mom at a café. I was at the park down the road. When I was leaving I heard muffled screaming. I went over to the noise and just as I arrived I saw a man with a shotgun. He warned her that he was coming back for her and now he was. He had shot my mom 3 times. I couldn't see his face. I ran to the police and told them but nobody listened. They thought I was just overactive. I went searching for my Uncle James and couldn't find him. Ever since then I've vowed to find mom's killer and get him behind bars," she recounted

7. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    While everyone seemed convinced, Lila asking, “You were actually there?” Raven smirked and remarked, “Of course she was. She said she was, so that automatically makes it true,” Neil growling, “I really hate this woman,” Raven adding, “You obviously see Lila as a friend. Plus you are only saying this now. Without proof, all we can assume is that you made this all up to make yourself seem right.”

While Neil had to admit that was a good point, he immediately saw a counter argument as he spat, “Hold it!” Raven preparing more feathers as he added, “You get after us yet there is something you need to explain to the court,” grinning reassuringly at Coraline as Raven asked, “And what would that be?”

8. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline looked confused for a second herself. "Okay Raven. The courts know I don't lie about this stuff. I've never lied about my parents nor my family name. I'm being serious. Neil tell her what she needs to explain," she answered.

9. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Neil nodded as Judge sighed, “That’s right. Don’t keep us in suspense.”

“A motive,” Neil said with a smirk, “What reason would Lila have for killing Coraline’s mother?”

Raven showed only a hint of weakness as the crowd talked amongst one-another. However, the woman regained her composure and replied, “I did not think it necessary before, but that is a valid question, and one I do not have an answer for,” Neil grinning only to tense up when Lila sighed, “I really hate to render your argument pointless, but I did have a motive.”

Neil stared before crying out in terror, a wicked smile forming on Raven’s face, almost like she knew Lila would say that.

10. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline looked in Lila's eyes and saw a hint of lying. "Your Honor I want a word with Lila. Alone," she decided.

11. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    "Why? So you can convince her to lie to the court?" Raven asked as Judge sighed, "I'm sorry, but even though I trust you, it's clear that Mrs. Crow does not," Raven giving her a death glare as she uttered, "Therefor Lila will testify to the court her motive for this."

Lila sighed and took to the stand, saying, "I'm sorry, Coraline, but what I'm about to say is true. Growing up, I was taught to have a sense of justice. Unfortunately, at that time of my life, my sense of justice was too strong. As if that was not enough, I saw your mother stealing someone's wallet. Even a minor act like that was enough for me to go to extreme lengths, so there's no doubt in my mind that I would have killed her to see justice served."

Neil stared and gasped, "WHAT!?" Judge asking, "Is that true?" Raven nodding and pulling out a newspaper article, adding, "Yes, and I have the article to prove it. Now, you will notice the article mentions that Coraline's mother wasn't actually stealing the wallet but rather snatching it from a thief to return it to its rightful owner, but there was no way my daughter would have known that seeing as she acted without thinking," the woman snapping her fingers and adding, "And there you go. Solid proof that no one else could have possibly done it."

While everyone else seemed convinced including Raven herself, Neil tapped his chin and whispered, "Okay, I can see why you wanted to speak to Lila alone. There is definitely a look of uncertainty in her eyes. It's like she doesn't even know if she's lying or not. We just need to convince her that she wasn't the one who did it. I know you'd never lie about seeing another killer, and I'm sure Judge knows too. It's the rest of the people here who need convincing."

12. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline knew she'd need James help if she stood any chance or even Jerome's help. She quickly called James. "James pick up. I need your help. We both know mom was killed by someone other than Lila," she mumbled.

13. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    However, the area went silent when they heard someone's cell go off. Everyone turned before spotting a man in a trench coat among the crowd, thus he sighed, "Dammit, guess there's no use hiding anymore," removing his coat as everyone stared silently, Judge asking, "Who are you?" the man standing up and replying, "The name is James," leaping out of the bleachers and toward the witness stand, adding, "Guess Coraline has decided to call me to the stand, though I'm not sure how much it'll help," winking at her as Neil blinked and asked, "Is that your Uncle James?"

14. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline nodded and smirked. "Your Honor, James is one of the best detectives and cops since Raven's times. I wasn't aware until after my mother's death, but James was at the scene too. I don't care what Aristotle had against James and at this moment, I certainly don't care what a mother who wants to convict her child thinks. I think we should at the very least if she won't hear my testimony. We should at the very least hear someone else's testimony who was there!"

15. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    "OBJECTION!" Raven spat, planting her fist into the desk as everyone gasped, Judge asking, "What's wrong?" Raven looking legitimately frightened right now. She then pointed at James and spat, "YOU-YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY BE JAMES! JAMES IS DEAD!" everyone gasping as Neil uttered, "Wait, what? But that's very clearly-" only for the woman to add, "No, this was witnessed by many people. See, James committed one of the worst crimes imaginable! After booking a flight to New York, he was arrested for the murder of their beloved mayor!" all going silent as Neil spat, "WHAT!?" James sighing, "Yeah, guilty as charged. I was given a life sentence and everything, though I'm disappointed in you, Raven. I specifically said in my will that I didn't want anyone telling Coraline that story, and you of all people are the first to crack," Raven's eye twitching.

16. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline froze in shock. She couldn't even think at the moment. The man she looked up to was a murder and was supposed to be dead. She stood there frozen. No words and not even twitching.

17. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Neil bit his lower lip as Judge asked, "Why, we should send you back to prison!" James sighing, "Relax, everyone. I'm not even really here right now," turning to Coraline and adding, "I'm sorry you had to find out this way, Coraline," Raven growling, "Okay, how are you standing here!? You just confirmed that you really are dead! In fact, it was said that you yourself committed suicide in your cell!"

"That's right, I did," James replied, "As for how I'm here, well, have any of you ever heard of spirit channeling?" Neil asking, "Wait, what's this about a channel?"

18. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    "Spirit Channeling. It's an old gift of the family. What about it James? It was said mom was the last spirit channeler in the family," Coraline answered as she finally regained composure.

19. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    James nodded and replied, "Well, it's not just our family. I have a close friend who studied under your mother back in the day. Another thing I stated in my will was that after a certain number of years, she would channel my spirit so I could see you again. Didn't realize I'd actually be helping you out with a case, but yes, I am currently in control of someone else's body as we speak," Judge gasping, "Oh my! That is absolutely frightful!" Raven grunting, "You're telling me," Lila saying, "Wow, I've heard of this art, but I didn't think it was real," grinning and adding, "That's actually kinda cool," Hades perking up. Just seeing his owner feeling a positive emotion after so long was refreshing.

20. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Coraline closed her eyes and realized who the friend was. "James is it who I think it is? The one who's channeling you right now?"