1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Need Help Making An OC

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by GiratinaMissingNo, May 20, 2017.

1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'm designing a character for an upcoming Pokémon fanfic featuring the Draconids. It's set a few years after ORAS, and the OC I want to make is the daughter of Zinnia. I'm having trouble coming up with the father, though. I also need a name, preferably one that's better than Skye, which is all I can come up with.
    The basis of the story is that (spoilers) Rayquaza isn't willingly serving the Draconids like everyone thought; he's actually been kept chained down to earth by the tribe. The secret has been hidden under a worshipful guise for hundreds of years, and now it's time for the Sky Lord to be freed. But what will the earth do without its peacekeeper?

The OC I want to make is gentle and caring, shy but kindhearted. However, she does have a dark side when it comes to defense-she will fight for the rights of those she cares about. I'm still working on the fine points of the design, but I've come up with a rough idea.
    -Dark green hair; longer than mid-back. Highlights of black.
    -Tanned skin
    -Delicate frame
    -Wide, innocent blue eyes
    -Soft voice
    If anyone would like to collab with me on the story, message me!
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Seems like you got all the traits necessary, but just lacking what to call them. Story's an interesting concept too.
    Since Zinnia is a genus of flower; I'd start your search there. There are many subspecies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Coming from the name Skye, you could name the character Celeste or Zephyr or some other name stemming from something sky-related. Or you could butcher the words, e.g. Zephia.

Zinnia's daughter sounds like a nice idea. I like the concept of a kind girl with a dark side; that opens the door for some interesting scenarios! Especially if she ends up completely losing her cool in front of somebody she really cares about.

Consider the following questions while designing her, they may help build her character a little:
    • What kind of things does she like?
    • Does she want to become a powerful trainer or does she just want to train casually (or not at all)?
    • Is she social or introverted?
    • Who does she like to spend her time with?
    • Does she favour offence of defence?
    • How willing is she to do bad things for the greater good?
    • Who does she look up to the most?
    Hope this helps!

4. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    @Mandriel
    Thanks for the advice! Can I use the name Zephra (alteration of your idea)?
    I'll be working on her story, and I'll try to put it up soon. Sadly, I'm having trouble uploading pictures (due to the fact I have an old camera), so Zeph's pics might not come up for a while :(
    Thanks for all the help everyone! And remember, collab still open :)
    #MissingNo

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    @GiratinaMissingNo

No worries, that sounds like a great name!

I can't wait to see what she looks like ^_^

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  6. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Wow, beaten to the punch. I guess I'll take the last topic, you asked about, her father. The way I see it, you can have her father figure go in two different directions, one you can pull a virgin marry like Pokémon usually does or you can make her father Wally. Wally and Zinnia are around the same age, (I think) and Wally's personality seems to be like the character your developing. This could explain why she has this personality and she could look up to her father/ look to him for advice. You could keep him out of the story all together or have him be a neutral party that doesn't know what's going on and offers honest opinions. Its your choice, these are just the things that I came up with.

That would also explain the delicate frame, blue eyes, green hair, shy personality, kind heartedness. Did you model this character after wally?

#6 May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Mandriel likes this.