1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Need Help Making up Names for Characters

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Nova Ozuka, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I need help with naming my ninja Pokémon trainer. I wanted to go with a japanese name, but I don't know any besides what Behind the Name lists. So I decided to make up a name using the Kanji for shadow. Unfortunately, I don't know what this kanji is called, which is my first problem. I think it might be Kage. The next problem is that I don't know what other Kanji would go well with it.

I'm also having trouble with naming his Greninja. The only names that I know of that could be used are Takumi, which I'm already using for a Squirtle in the same story, and Kaito, which doesn't quite fit. I'm having a similar issue with his Skrelp/Dragalge as the trainer. I'm wanting to include Ryuu in the name because of Dragalage's Dragon typing, but don't know what else to include. SO far I've only got a name for his Zorua/Zoroark, Miyako and possibly for his Rowlett/Dartrix/Decidueye, Asuka.

I'm also open to alternative names for Asuka as it probably won't be it's final name. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    Well, you're right with Kage meaning shadow! In kanji, it's written as 影. Usually, any name paired with kage is used a surname, unless you plan for this name to be something like a mononym. In that case, I'll just throw out some suggestions.
    • Morikage [ 森影 ] Forest Shadow
    • Mizukage [ 水影 ] Water Shadow
    • Daikage [ This one is really based on how the kanji is written. With 大, it means something like 'great' or 'big'. 台 means 'support', and 第 means 'number', although I doubt you'd want to go with that one :sweat: ]
    • Torikage [ 鳥影 ] Bird Shadow
    Perhaps these aren't really what you expected- if not, I apologize! As for Greninja's name, maybe it can be something like Yami, which means darkness. Rowlett's nickname could be Tsubasa, which means wing. As I said, these are all suggestions. Regardless, I hope I helped a bit! I'm not fluent in Japanese so I'm sorry in advance if I've gotten some kanji or translations wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Nova Ozuka likes this.
  3. Nova Ozuka

Nova Ozuka Hex Maniac

Joy
    (Togepi)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.3
    I pretty much just know how to say a few words, so I'm pretty lost when it comes to the letters. That being said, this helps a lot.