1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Need Help Renaming an OC

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Cadbberry, May 6, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So, I have this Scizor Gijinka, I named him on the spot Jacob- Jake- Sironsteel. While I don't mind the last name the first name doesn't have the presence I was looking for. He is an assassin and had to kill his family to obtain his position. I need help thinking of a new name to match him, make him sound more menacing.

[​IMG][​IMG]Orignal Design[​IMG]
    Sorry I don't have a lot of pictures of him :sweat: I can't seem to get anyone to draw him

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Are you looking for a traditional name like Jacob, Jake, Fred or something that has an edge to it like Rize or Kaze?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Something unique is preferred over very traditional names!

4. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Babynames.com is my favorite site when namng OCs. You can search by meaning, nationality, all sorts of filters in the advanced search.

5. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm not sure if you want anything with meaning behind it but here's some stuff that I came up with!

Vizer, Yezin, Zenix, Xed, Thames, Friz, Frantix, Krayt, Kriggs, Kronix, Kriet, Repin, Riblade.

Ofc, I'm not 100% what type of names you're looking for but if you like any, please feel free to use em!

6. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Cadbberry likes this.
  7. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I like the names you are coming up with, I think I am looking for a bit more US like, not full anime. My other Gijinka is named Sirius Schinter- not Serious but Sear-is, so that is the kinda unique I am looking for. Unique more amereican names

8. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I always enjoy naming characters after concepts. For example, my favorite character names so far have been Avarice, Axiom, and Kairos, largely due to the meaning of the word and how it relates to that character's ideals or role in their story.

Avarice: extreme greed for wealth or material gain.
    Axiom: a statement or proposition that is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true.
    Kairos: a propitious moment for decision or action. "Oppurtunity" in Greek.

9. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I can always do what I do when coming up with names, say a bunch of gibberish out loud, write it down and hope something fits. Its a rather effective strategy. My favorite name that I got out of it was Tenow (Please don't use that one, I have that for one of my OCs).

Some ideas for your character: Wrieth (Pronounced: R, I th), Streld, Torlad, Hetchmi, Ladgo, Dipada, Visor, Telemana, Budgle, Dorzida, Jersh, Lorki, Lork, Scyan, Jalgo, Aldin, Licim, Hedorah, Termason.

You can see some of the abominations that this method can create but I find it the best way to search for unique names. If you don't like anything here, try this idea for yourself. It may take some time for you to get the right combination of letters but I found that this method works.

10. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Razythe
    Trax
    Ezekior
    Thadius
    Mordecai
    Drake
    TAZER-FACE

11. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    @[member="8542Madness"] If you like names that have meaning in other languages, Sicarius (or a variation on it) is pretty good. It means assassin in Latin, which is literally what this character is.

And the alliteration. How could you pass up Sicarius Sironsteel as a name?

12. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Best name, Tazer Face XDD
    I am liking the names thrown out here but I am just not sold on one yet :P Thank you guys for all the help, keep on suggesting names! I will give some PP to the person whos name I like the best :D

13. brsajo

brsajo Idioddish

Sproot
    (Oddish)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,218.2
    Zeb
    Gira
    Lio
    Wilder
    Chee
    Lord Wingus Eternum

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    He looks like Silver ha ha sorry

I dunno, something metallic. Cobaltic, Ethanic, Ferrous (I just looked up names of chemicals). Something sharp like Kin or Nyx.
    #MissingNo