1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Need help thinking up a backstory

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by FifiandFurrball4ever, Apr 8, 2018.

1. FifiandFurrball4ever

Legendary Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽167.7
    In a Pokémon comic I'm making the main character is going to get a Vulpix named Jewel later on. I'm going to have Jewel evolve in the same chapter where they catch Mewtwo, and I want to come up with a backstory that connects the two, and would make Jewel mad at team Rocket and eager to fight Mewtwo. problem is, I can't think of anything. Any ideas? please help

things to note
    -the comic is supposed to take place in the gen 1 games
    -the main character finds Jewel in Cinnabar Mansion
    -I was thinking the backstory could have something to do with Jewel's mother working for Team Rocket

2. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Well, I imagine since Team Rocket funded the research and creation of Mewtwo on Cinnabar Island, maybe Jewel once lived in the mansion before and/or during it was taken over. Maybe Jewel's mother worked as a scientist (or an assistant) before Mewtwo escaped and went on a rampage. Just throwing that possibility out there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Apr 8, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  3. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Hmm... maybe when Mewtwo went on a rampage it attacked Jewel's mother? That would make Jewel mad at Team Rocket for making Mewtwo and angry at Mewtwo for the attack.

4. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I've always been interested in Mewtwo's cloning experiments seen in the first movie. Maybe Jewel was cloned, and the Jewel that your MC is training is either the original or the clone, whichever you think is more interesting. Personally, I would lean toward making your MC's Jewel be the clone, so that there'd be a stronger motivation to meet the original; but either way would have plenty of potential.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...