1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

TV / Movies Netflix recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Arctiquaza, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Any recommendations for things on Netflix? I can't seem to find much.

My recommendation:

Hilda:
    I just LOVE this! It's kinda like Gravity Falls, but it focuses less on comedy, and more on world-building and story. The world just seemed so fleshed out, and the characters, too! What I like is the characters personalities are so... Human. They have flaws that aren't forced, and they mess up sometimes, heck, sometimes they fail the big battles and such! Yes even after the inspirational speeches
    Kinda teaches you that you mess things up sometimes, and that's okay.

Also, Alfur.
    Hilda: "Can't you just say "You can do it!"

Alfur: "Okay. You can do it!

Statement for encouragement purposes only. You may not actually be able to do it."

Seriously. I couldn't recommend this enough.

Also, she has a deer fox

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    If you haven't watched it before I recommend the Twilight Zone. They are quite good. There's even a handful that qualify as some of my favorite stories.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    My recommendations would be Stranger Things and Mad Men. Both of them are excellent and some of my favourite shows of all time!
    Mystery Science Theatre 3000 is great too! It's about a guy and his robots who are forced to watch old, cheesy science fiction movies and each episode is based around a particular movie. It's hilarious and if you love old B movies I strongly recommend it! They even done an episode on the infamous Manos: The Hands of Fate and it's one of the best episodes in my opinion.

Arctiquaza likes this.
  4. Aalacer

Moonwalk
    (Lunatone)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽484.7
    I would recommend you the Castlevania adaptation, but it depends a bit on your taste.
    Aside of that one, as EtherealPhantom mentioned Stranger Things, I'll mention it as well. That one is something worth spending your time watching ^_^

5. Vaporstar4x4

Stephy
    (Jirachi Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,087.7
    The Dragon Prince. It only has 1 season so far but I quite enjoyed it. The animation style is my least favorite type of animation (3D that kinda looks like it was drawn 2D and jittery framerate) and I still loved it, in fact, it works quite well for the show. It has a very interesting story and lovable characters.

I also started watching Hilda. On episode 5 now and I love it already

#5 Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    Arctiquaza likes this.
  6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm going to have to watch Hilda. It sounds interesting. As for what I can recommend, well, I personally enjoy a Series of Unfortunate Events. It is just so strange, and I really love how the show has included a plot and mystery from the very beginning of the show. It makes things a little less repetitive than they were in the books.

7. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Actually I've already watched through all the current seasons of that XD