1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Alolan forms?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Getus, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So, with USUM news as rare as a rainbow coloured Unicorn, I've turned my interests to theories. Usually I'm cautious with these as I got caught up in one for SM and ended up disappointed with the story, but a theory I've found interests me. Will we see new Alolan forms? More specifically, will we see Alolan Johto Pokémon?

In SM all the Alolan Pokémon are originally from Kanto, while I'm certain there is an explanation for this in the game, it doesn't have to apply to the new games. After all, alternate story and all that, so there is a chance Johto Pokémon will appear in a different form.

What Pokémon do you want to see get an Alolan form? Me personally, I want to see an Alolan Ampharos or Gligar

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I really hope to see more Alolan forms, whether they be from Kanto, Johto or even Sinnoh.

Bellossom is one that really comes to mind for me. It's based partially on a hula dancer and I could see it having a Grass/Fire typing; one we haven't seen before.

Another thing they could do for Alolan forms is Onix and Steelix. Instead of the usual standstone type of rock, they could make Onix like a rock/steel type and its evolution of Steelix as a steel fire as a way to show Alola as a highly active volcanic hotspot.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Getus likes this.
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would love me some more Alolan forms! And especially from the newer generations like 4 or 5. Because they don't get as much love as the first three.

Getus likes this.
  4. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    If they start making Alolan Johto Pokémon, one of them I would really like to see is Hoothoot and Noctowl. I really like these Pokémon, but their typing is... kinda boring. Normal/Flying? Why not Psychic and Flying? Or Fairy and Flying? They're fully capable of using Psychic and Fairy moves like Hypnosis and Dream Eater and Moonblast, and the Normal typing just isn't cutting it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Noctowl. I just wish it wasn't Normal/Flying. We already have plenty of those.

Smooshie, Getus and Morgaine like this.
  5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I would love to see those forms that were conceptualized but never brought into the game, such as the water type Arcanine. I would also like to see them branch out to maybe gen 2-5 since only gen 1 Pokémon were changed.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,656.3
    I want a Dragon-type Dunsparce. I'd probably never use it, but I want it.

7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,506.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Alolan Growlithe please Game Freak, I really want the Growlithe line to get Alolan forms. But since we have the regular Growlithe line in the Alola dex that'll probably not happen.

8. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Which is a real shame. I mean it would have been so incredibly cool to have the big fire beast become a Water titan.

Smooshie likes this.
  9. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,506.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah I would really have loved seeing that Arcanine is gonna be a water type theory become true, which would also for once have one upped ninetales on arcanine since Alolan nintales can learn freeze dry, RIP water doge.

10. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I hadn't even thought about that. I just wanted to ride my great water beast on the Alolan seas. I mean that would be so rad, if we could ride on Arcanine in the game.

11. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,506.3
    That would be so awesome, now I want it even more just too bad it'll probably never happen.

12. flareon71

Legegg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽392.1
    Might be just me, but I'd like an Alolan Ledian, for several reasons.
    Gen 7 has been the generation where a TON of Pokémon got buffs, be it through abilities or stats. Yet, Ledian is a Pokémon who needs buffs BADLY, but was left out of the buff treatment. Heck, Ledyba is even catchable in SuMo, which means that Game Freak didn't completely forget about it. I just want it to have a much needed buff in stats or a typing that's much more usable.

13. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Following your unicorn idea, I want a alolan-Ponyta and Rapidash. Horse lovers would be pleased <3

Smooshie likes this.
  14. Hraesvelgr

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,506.3
    Alolan Ponyta would be pretty neat actually, I loved using it back in gen 1 so seeing it get a Alola form would be kinda awesome.

Xarn likes this.
  15. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I know right? It is so beautiful. Looks so magnificent, sadly the stats do not help it to much. I don't know if I want it with an Ice form like Ninetales..maybe changing its look and making it Fairy-Fire would be awesome. What do you think? :D

16. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Kurumi why not a Water type Ponyta? It could be based on the Water Horse/Kelpie mythos, although its not Hawaiian based. :)

Smooshie likes this.
  17. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Oh man, you guys have some nice ideas! I'd love to see a Alolan Johto starters (or all the starters! Because I love most of em~~) and an Alolan Shinx line. Maybe instead of focusing on a lion like appearance they could be more tiger like or become ice-types! Snow lion or a sabertooth makeover~

18. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I thought about it too! Would be great too but for some reason I can't find it possible yet...I mean I can imagine it like a sea horse like here: [​IMG]

But it is still hard for meto get in the concept xD
    Recently I found this: [​IMG] and I was like "holy cow that is one of the badass ideas I have saw today"

19. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Did someone say Water-type Arcanine? I'd love a Water-type Arcanine, it'd make a nice duo with Alolan Ninetales. Maybe have it as a Water/Electric type, with it's brown fur being black like storm clouds. Alolan Ninetales has a lot of weather-related strategies, and since Arcanine and Ninetales are often used as version counterparts (also, I just noticed they both have "nine" in their name. Cool), I feel like Alolan Arcanine should have weather-related strategies too.

Another Alolan form I'd like to see is Alolan Dragonite, but only if it's made to fit in with Dratini and Dragonair's designs. The fact that Dragonite is so startlingly different from it's lesser forms has always bothered me a bit, so having a nice, blue, serpenite Dragonite would be amazing. As for typing, Dragon/Water seems obvious here, and it's a pretty good typing with only 2 weaknesses.

20. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    What about new forms of Burmy, even if it isn't changing type i would like to see it get a change in look, instead of normal sand maybe more beachy, or maybe change their types to duel like ground and water. Who knowssss