1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New and curious

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Roaming Ashes, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Roaming Ashes

Roaming Ashes Bug Catcher

Toroweap
    (Bagon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.2
    Hey! My name's Caden, but I also go by Soot or Ashes. It's currently about 7:45 at the time of writing this, and somehow stumbled across this forum on Google when looking for Pokémon Fanfic concepts.

A bit about myself, I'm a long time artist, and mainly have drawn Pokémon or Fire Emblem related content. I have various PMD characters, and some reoccuring team members I draw over and over again in small doodles and the like. My favorite Pokémon is Shelgon, with Eelektross and Honchkrow being close behind. Whenever I have the chance to pick up a Shelgon in a official game or ROM hack, I try to search for a female and name her Toroweap.

Anyway, yeah, that's a bit about myself, and hope to write some stuff in the future!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Neb, BZRich64, RadEmpoleon and 3 others like this.
  2. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Well, welcome to the site! We're a pretty small community, I may not see you, as you're in the fan fiction area, I'm more into Rping. There's a few people you may enjoy being around due to rom hacks. We do have our own rom hack section . If you ever want to post any of your Fanfics, you can go to the Literature lobby , and remember to place the tag Fanfiction, when you click create post, next to where you write the name there's a small box, click and find the fanfiction. But always remember to read the rules of each area, and the LV rules . Hope to see you around! If you're active enough, you'll get to see the stupid stuff we do .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Roaming Ashes likes this.
  3. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    Welcome, welcome!!

Also, you both draw and write? Amazing! Do you also roleplay? There's a section for that in here too. Hope we see some of your work in the future <3. If you've got any questions, be sure to ask!

Toroweap is a fun name, any reason for it? And form those, Honchkrow is one of my fave, just looks so cool, right? Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay, Caden :D.

4. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Hello, welcome to LV!

Out of curiosity, because I always like hearing peoples' explanations no matter how simple or complex, what makes Shelgon your favorite Pokémon?

5. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,355.7
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Oh man if you like Fire Emblem and Pokémon you should feel right at home here. My fellow admin @Wizard is a big Fire Emblem fan. Glad you found our little forum though, always happy to see new faces. Our fanfic and RP forums are pretty active so plenty to read there.

If you need any help with anything feel free to PM me or anyone else with a blue name, we are all staff members on the site and would be happy to help out.

[​IMG]

PS: I love your fav Pokémon picks

6. Roaming Ashes

Toroweap
    (Bagon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.2
    Thank you! And I'll take all of that inter consideration when looking around, it's been a while since I've been a part of a community like this ^^;. And I've already made sure to look through the rules for some of the sections, spent a good hour or so browsing around before doing my intro. It was nice meeting you, even if we're in different sections!

7. Roaming Ashes

Toroweap
    (Bagon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.2
    Thank you so much! Haha, it's been a few years since I've done a roleplay, so I'm pretty rusty, but always up for one.

I got the idea from this really weird train of thought, honestly. I like to connect nicknames to the Pokémon itself, so I wanted to connect the name to Bagon. The Pokédex mentions how Bagons will jump from cliffs to learn to fly, so my immediate thought was the Grand Canyon? Then I thought of landmasses, since I know there are formations and cliffs that have names, and that's how I got to Toroweap. There's a spot called the Toroweap Overlook, so I took the first part, and BOOM, there's her name! I shorten it to Toro for convenience though.

Sorry for the convoluted story, that's just how it is for me sometimes!

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  8. Roaming Ashes

Toroweap
    (Bagon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.2
    Thank you!

The story behind why is kinda complex, kinda not. So back in 2017 I was doing a playthrough of Moon, and I saw that on the first island, you can find a Bagon. From this, you have a small possibility of getting an SOS encounter with a Salamence. It was my second playthrough, and having a Salamence that earlier just sounded funny, so my goal was to get one. And... I got bored after 20 minutes and settled for Shelgon XD After that, I got attached to it and have been ever since. So even after nearly 4 years, Shelgon is my fav.

DuoM2 and SAF like this.
  9. Roaming Ashes

Toroweap
    (Bagon)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.2
    Great to hear that I'm not alone on the Fire Emblem part! I'll be sure to look at the forums, I like what I've seen so far. And thank you, I'll be sure to ask if I have questions or the like!

Jeydis likes this.
  10. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Welcome! We're currently working on making our own Pokémon region, and you could draw some original 'mons for it if you'd like.
    See ya around!

11. LassusVulpes

LassusVulpes Eclipse Holder

THE BIGGEST FLEX
    (Giratina (Origin))
    Level 55
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,993.1
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Also, makes ure you don't do that. that's called multi posting @Roaming Ashes that's against LV rules. You can quote all the posts in one reply, it's just to prevent spam. (this is just a heads-up)

Roaming Ashes likes this.
  12. SAF

SAF Team of Conflict

Ants Troubled
    (Durant)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽8,707.5
    Potion ★Lucarionite ★★★★
    Welcome to the lake~

I wanted to say something but everyone here had already beat me to it, so...

13. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Heya! Welcome to the site, I hope you have fun here!

14. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Welcome! Feel free to join our Discord server! We have some good discussions there.

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    Welcome to Lake Valor! I'm an amateur fanfic writer/artist myself, and I look forward to seeing what you've written/drawn.
    I think this may be the first time that I've heard anyone call Shelgon their favorite before. I know I've always just thought of it as the awkward middle stage between Bagon and Shelgon, though now that I think about it I guess it does have its own unique appeal that could make it stand out.

16. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Welcome to Lake Valor! It's always great to see another artist join and from what I've seen, yours looks great. I hope to see ya around! :)

Jeydis likes this.
  17. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,086.7
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    Hey Welcome to LV, this is an amazing forum with great members.
    I hope to see ya drawing content someday,
    If ya ever need help, ot questions feel free to come PM me or of course any admins.
    Also like it is mentioned above, multiposting isn't smart. However, it can happen.

Maybe ya can DO @ and some name of a member - that way ya can also adress members and Others will see they are tagged. have fun