1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 2 New Evolutions and Pre-Evolutions!

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Sep 20, 2017.

1. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I thought Pokémon like Scizor and Espeon/Umbreon were excellent additions. I-like others-didn't like baby Pokémon, because of the whole complicated breeding requirements.hatching ARGH. As well as the friendship evolution thing. Crobat and the Eeveelutions need friendship too, but the baby Pokémon always seem to need so much MORE
    'Done yet?'
    'Done yet?'
    'Done yet?!'
    'DONE YET?!'
    'F*CK THIS YOU'RE LEVEL FIFTY-TWO WTF'
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Yes, just yes, I have done this where I leveled a Pokémon up so high and it WOULD NOT EVOLVE. As much as I treat it so carefully and like a baby friend and all!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I mean, if we sent human babies into war instead of human adults, we'd get the same results lmao

Personally I'm not gonna say I hate the babies, but I'm not gonna name myself as their biggest fan either. Sure they're cute, but the fact that a lot of them evolve with high friendship is kinda sucky, including the babies that were introduced in Hoenn and Sinnoh. However, they are a good way to teach newer players about some of the more technical breeding tactics, specifically the incense breeding, but yeah. They're not the best. Pichu was my favourite Pokémon for a long time, though. Fun Fact: It's also one Junichi Masuda's 6 favourite Pokémon (the others are Psyduck, Torchic, Victini, Sylveon and Alolan Exeggutor)

4. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    I liked all the later forms. Great way to make the Pokémon more powerful. As for the babies, I'm mixed about them. I'm okay with Pichu simply because it is really cute. Yes, it sucked in Smash Bros, but that's not canon to the Pokémon series. Elekid I'm also okay with as it actually looks pretty cool. Tyroque also has a fairly cool design and is kind of a good idea, a single form to bind all three members of the Hitmon family together. (In fact, I actually give him a role very similar to that in a fanfic series called Earth's Protectors. I posted the whole thing here long ago, but you can also read it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9979848/1/Earth-s-Protectors ) The other babies I find just okay. To be fair with Magby, the entire Magmar line always looked weird to me. The others are fine but nothing too special.

5. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    Umbreon is my personal favorite of the new evolutions. I remember when I heard about Umbreon and tried to get one... and forgot to take off the Exp. Share during the day. I got an Espeon (not complaining) which actually helped me beat one of the Elite Four, so Espeon is a close second.

6. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Definitely Scizor and Kingdra. Those are my favorite evolutions from gen 2.