1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Metroid Games!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Darcy, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Darcy

Darcy Strongest Blade in Valor

Eurydice
    (Brione)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,068.1
    Philosopher's CowlPsychium Z ★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Galladite ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    After seven years without a main series Metroid game, Nintendo finally announced Metroid Prime 4, which is, of course, a sequel to the Metroid Prime games. They also announced a remake of Metroid 2: Return of Samus on the 3DS, which kind of explains why Nintendo cracked down so hard on AM2R some time ago.

What do you think of what was shown off so far at E3? Will these games be able to set the series back on track?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  2. SkyBlueFox1

SkyBlueFox1 Black Belt

Rose
    (Ninetales)
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,728.9
    Wait, was it a couple years ago that AM2R got C&D'd? I thought it was just last year. I've lost most of my sense of time for that so I tend to forget, eheh.

I'm not actually a huge Metroid fan, but the sheer overjoyness radiated through the internet and into my empath-y heart, so I'm glad that everyone finally got their wish-come-true. Plus I actually like what I saw of that M2 remake. I've always had trouble with combat in Metroid more than anything else, so the melee attack-looking thing and that aiming-line for her cannon (at least it looked like she has an aiming line now?) are definitely welcome additions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think it is nice that Metroid is getting some love. I played the trilogy with my brother, it was quite fun.

4. DiancieIsBae

Merio12
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽187.0
    Yache Berry ★★Amulet Coin ★★★Skull Fossil ★★★
    'Bout damn time we got a new official Metroid game. It sucked when AM2R got C&D'd. Was such a well-polished game, and really the only good Metroid-related game we got in quite some time. But now Metroid is coming back for reals. I just hope they don't horribly mess up the Prime series with 4. At the same time though, I'm curious as to what Prime 4 would do as its narrative, seeing as how Prime 1-3's focus was Phazon. Maybe Prime 3's 100% ending. Probably my only assumption for Prime 4.

Metroid: Samus Returns, as a Metroid 2 remake, looks really fun. Not much i have to say about this one really.

Either way, super excited for these two games.