1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

NEW MYSTERY GAMEFREAK GAME! :P

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by midnightclubx, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/pokemon-dev-teasing-new-collaboration-game-6411731

The Japanese text on the page the article links to has me filled with speculation; obviously, we know that it will most likely have something to do with Pokémon (after all, GF has never made any other "well-known classic played all around the world").

Part of me is hoping it's a crossover of Pokémon with Persona on the 3DS/Wii U; that would literally be the most badass game of all time (and probably the first-ever M-rated Pokémon game, which would be amusing XP) The reason why I say this is because Nintendo is already in cahoots with Atlus in regards to making a game with the Shin Megami Tensei universe with Fire Emblem's.

Anyone else want to guess what their new game could be?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    EmeraldGlee likes this.
  2. Sekigahara

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Interesting question. What I'm hoping for is a sequel to Pokémon Conquest but I doubt this is what they're doing. Imagine Final Fantasy x Pokémon. I would squeal so loud!

3. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I think the sillouette is a new Pokémon, but based on whatever they are working with (For example, a Chocobo if its a final fantasy crossover... would actually be pretty awesome with the addition of riding Pokémon.)
    The crossover, as much as id like to see a sequal, wont be a Pokémon Conquest 2, as its something new. It has to be something else well known and most likely out of nintendos basics, but possibly one of the 3rd party games being put on the Wii U. Id also like to assume its not something like Fire Emblem, because that would be the same as making a Conquest 2. Id also think it wouldnt be something like Final Fantasy because... Well, Pokémon is already a turn based game like that. Not exactly new and innovative...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    I don't really think it is going to have so much to do with Pokémon. They said collaboration, right, not crossover. The "classic game played around the world" bit always makes me think Pac-man RPG, but that is probably my mind overworking the solution.

5. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
  6. Trainer_Ebony

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    You... must be kidding. A solitair horse race game? '.' Is this some kind of Game Freak prank?

7. Pixil

Pixil Pokémon Professor

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.7
    Those horses are adooorableee~

Shame it's not Pokémon though. =P I also don't know what this has to do with a popular game played all around the world? If this is a continuation of a popular game from Game Freak, I'm ashamed I've never heard of it... Although it is a Horse racing game, so if I did hear about it I probably just dismissed it as something I'm not interested in.

Also that game doesn't look very 3D. =P

8. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Lol, that actually seems hilarious. I like how one of the horses looks like ponyta.

9. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    Well, I believe the "popular game played around the world" they mentioned was the Solitaire part; the only other games they've made that aren't Pokémon have been Mendel Palace on the NES, a Japan-only hospital sim for the PS1, Drill Dozer on the GBA, and HarmoKnight. I like the graphics, but I'm not much of a Solitaire player, and judging from the post Masuda made on his blog, it's looking to be a Japan exclusive. :/ I find it amusing that no one else has posted about this on Pokememes or even GameSpot.

10. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    When I found out about this game, i was a bit disappointed. XD I hate Solitaire. The graphics look kind of cute, makes me think of Paper Mario gone horse racing. But go Gamefreak anyways! haha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.