1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sword/Shield New Mythical Pokemon Revealed!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Riddles, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★

A new Mythical Pokémon, Zarude, has been revealed! It'll be a Grass/Dark type, with the ability Leaf Guard.

What do you all think of it? Any moveset predictions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    I honestly wasn't excited for it upon seeing the silhouette, since I pictured it being pretty ugly, but I'm happy to say that I was wrong. I like this design quite a good bit, honestly; has a really feral look to it that I can really behind. Even if we already got a Grass-type monkey this generation, this one still seems unique compared to what monkeys we've gotten before, so I don't find that to be too big of an issue.

As for how I think it'll be in battle, I could see this being a pretty well-rounded Pokémon focused more around Speed and Attack than anything else, but not having bad bulk. It looks pretty agile as many monkeys similar to it are. Lots of Pokémon got Close Combat in this generation and I could see this being no exception, and Dark/Grass/Fighting coverage is fantastic, so if its stats back that up well enough then I could see it being pretty good.

That's about it. Not much else to say other than the fact that I like it overall.

3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,861.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Due to a variety of situations I haven't really gotten hype about much of the sword and shield stuff, it's not bad though. I will say, that when I saw it's name, all I could think was "Zarude's Sandstorm"
    overall the design isn't bad, but Mythical Pokémon rarely interest me, since they aren't really useful in solo play, which is my main style of play.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,251.3
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    ZARUDE SANDSTORM
    I SWEAR IF IT DOESN'T KNOW THIS MOVE

Ehhhh, it kinda feels like a grass Zeraora...? Neither of those designs really appealed to me. Feel like they could be non-Mythical Pokémon, a little more for this one than for Zeraora.

5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I swear, when I see its name all I think of is darude sandstorm...

I kinda like the design. The silhouette didn’t look too interesting, but I like the green vine things around its arms. I feel like it would probably have high attack and speed and frail defenses. I hope it has a secondary ability, one it can get good use out of, because I don’t see it getting any use out of Leaf Guard, especially with 7 weaknesses. Maybe Chlorophyll or Huge Power, or a signature ability, since they seem to be so keen on the signature moves and abilities lately...

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,971.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    At first glance I can say I don't really care for it right now, the design doesn't really interest me. Kinda hoping it might have some interesting story or lore related to it that's actually in the games rather than shoved into a bad movie, although that's probably hoping for a bit too much.

7. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Someone said the new mythical Pokémon looks like Mojo Jojo from the Power Puff Girls and I can't unsee it.

RadEmpoleon likes this.
  8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    Doesn't really look like a Mythical to me, honestly. I could maybe see it as a Legendary. Either way, it's a really forgettable design and certainly nothing to wright home about.

9. Arctiquaza

Arctiquaza Never quite gone

Honor
    (Gallade)
    Level 32
    PokéPoints:
    ₽934.0
    Sail Fossil ★★★
    Honestly, I like the design. I’m just hoping that it has some sort of quest to get it instead of just being given away, but with how mythicals have been going I doubt it.

10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Wait Until The Pokémon Appear In The Latest Pokémon Movie. I Sure There Will Be Opposite. Change My Mind.