1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What are your opinions on the brand new Pokémon for Generation 6?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I think Chespin kind of looks like Oshawott to me, but I like it's design. It's going to be tough for me to decide on a starter this time, because I really like the designs of Chespin and Fennekin. Can't wait to see the final evolutions, and to see if they'll become dual-type Pokémon, or if they already are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    They look so cute! I hope that Froakie evolves in to a Water/Fighting, Chespin a Grass/Dragon and Fennekin a Fire/Dark!

4. Roconza

Roconza Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I will say I'm disapointed in the fire starter I think it looks a bit plain compared to the other two.

5. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Fennekin is a lot like vulpix, but I like him better than the others. Im guessing chespin will be grass/fighting, fennekin will be fire/psychic, and froakie will be water

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    The new legends look pretty good too, I'm interested!

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    From the first look I don't really like the design of the new starters, although being able to see their later evolutions will be affecting that for me. Personally I think Chespin and Froakie are kind of ridiculous looking (although I DO like the idea of a frog) and Fennekin is my current favorite, although it feels kind of like a somewhat lazy mix of Vulpix and Zorua.

For the legendaries I like the deer-like one a lot better than the giant bird thing that is...literally the letter Y.

8. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    That's pretty much the point of it, I'm guessing. A bit weird though.

9. lookathis

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    It'll be tough for me to choose a starter...
    That grass one looks so cute, but, I dont like grass types that much, and I dont find the other ones cuter >.< Not fond of the water one much, even so water if one of my favourite starter types >.< I really dont want to look too much into this game, since I looked way much into B2 and it mostly ruined it >.<

10. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I'll be choosing Froakie, that's for sure.

11. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I'm surprised that the grass starter isn't a reptile this time. I think it's based off a chipmunk. As long as Fen isn't a fire/fighting, I'm sure people will be happy with it. I personally was disappointed with gen 5's starters competitively. None of them made OU iirc. I'm surprised that we didn't have a frog starter sooner, tbh.

The legendaries seem meh at best. The deer/stag looks ok, but we just had the Muskedeers. The bird is laughable imo. We all know that it's the Y mascot. Type-wise, I'm speculating that the deer/stag will be part fighting, and maybe fly/dark on the bird. But watch it be another fire. Hopefully the starters will end up as grass/ground, fire/psychic, and water/fighting.

Gen 6 will hopefully provide evos and pre-evos for older Pokémon this time.

12. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    to me chespin ooks like it might end up as a grass/ground, but thats just me. als froakie just looks like a water/ice type. but fennekin could really go any way. i jut hope that way isn't fire/fighting haha. also i really like the deer legendary but the flying one looks like a groudon bird.

13. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Oh yeah, in one of the pics it sort of looks like Froakie is using an Ice/Water sort of move. Could be an Ice/Water type. Btw, it's great to have their English names so stuff doesn't get too complex. Easy to remember too.

14. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I don't like Froakie...! I always pick water type starters, so I don't know what I'm going to do... Their evolutions will probably let me decide.

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Definitely, I think it's a direct byproduct of having all the games released worldwide at once. No confusing Japanese names to wonder about. I can see how Froakie looks like an ice/water type, the coloring of blue with white "fluff" is very similar to Walrein.

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I really like all of the starters tbh, can't wait to see their evolutions!

17. Snivinerior

Snivinerior Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.1
    Chespin and Fennekin's design is okay and both look cute but Froakie's kinda a bit weird to me, maybe I just don't like frogs... lol. Anyway, their evolution will let me decide who to choose... that's why I chose Snivy, it's evolution appearances are very closely-related to its basic form unlike Tepig's and Oshawott's...

18. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    Chespin - This is my least favorite starter. It resembles oshawott too much. It kinda looks like a merge of too many things, making it's design messy D: I think this one will be grass/ground due to its color scheme and design (browns/greens). It resembles a mole with like some silly hat lol

Fennekin - My favorite out of the 3. It doesn't resemble vulpix or Zorua to me actually. It kinda reminds me of a Autumn Sawsbuck with that color scheme but only a fox version xD It also reminds me of a small virizion body. But still, I like this Pokémon. If the tail (common design) was somewhat different I think it could look better :)

Froakie - I think this one is ok. I don't like it or hate it xD I think it might be some type of water/ice or something. That shade of blue + white are easily recognizable on other ice types.

I'm not excited for these legendaries to be honest xD I really don't like the bird one. The head part is nice but the body is weird >.< I know it's supposed to look like a Y but it didn't have to be so obvious. I wish the tail was designed differently from the wings. The deer looking legendary is ok but it reminds me of a blue virizion with antlers xD

JirachiWish likes this.
  19. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    The New Legendary Pokémon Looks like an Extra form of Sawsbuck and Mandabuzz, But hell What are the New moves did they add this time.

20. MaNCHA

MaNCHA Swimmer

Meloetta Egg
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.0
    • Chespin seems to be based off a chestnut. I'd hope it'd be a Grass/Ghost starter since that would be BEASTLY AWESOME. In the trailer, it uses a Grass-typed move and a move that seems like a Dark type. Hints, possibly?
    • Fennekin is definately based off a Fennec Fox. If it's a dual type, it could be Fire/Dark or Fire/Psychic, or even Fire/Ground , i hope. In the trailer, it uses what looks like Flamethrower and a Psychic-Typed move. Again, hints? I'm hoping it's evolution is beast since I'm probably picking this or Chespin.
    • If you can't tell that Froakie is based off of a frog, GO HOME. It could be Water/Ground or Water/Ice (In the trailer it looks like its first attack could be water or ice)
    • The X Legendary is a stag of some kind. Even though the Y Legendary looks AWESOME, I'll probably get X because of the fact that I have sworn my soul to the conservation of that letter. It looks like it could be any type, possibly a psychic/ground because all of the magical lights. It DOES look a bit too much like the Swords of Justice, though. Maybe it'll have a wicked second form.
    • The Y Legendary's shiny evil design makes me squeal like a small girl. I'm calling it as dark/flying to offset X's prediction of psy/ground.
    • If there is a Z legendary (Which, knowing Pokémon, will happen) what do you think it could be based from. All I can think right now is "Snake." I don't want a snake legendary, so what else could it be?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.