1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    If it's not legit, I hope it's close or similar to what we will get. That Froakie evolution is awesome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deltheor

Deltheor The Demon of Shikoku

Cronos
    (Charmander)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,242.8
    I actually like the designs for the starters, for once. I'll wait to judge my favorite until I see their final evolutions, but I prefer Fennekin at the moment. I've always loved fennecs!

What I find interesting about the new XY Legendaries, though, is their possible ties to Norse mythology, or specifically creatures in the World Tree, Yggdrasil. To me it looks like Yveltal is based after the eagle that rests at the top of the tree (or possibly Gullinkambi, a red rooster that signals the beginning of Ragnarok), and Xerneas is based after the deer that eat the leaves of the tree.

There's also a dragon/snake that gnaws on the roots, so maybe that could end up being the Z-legendary? Either way, the legendaries do look based around nature, so maybe that will have a main theme in the games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Yeah, I'd really like a snake legendary. I think that would be really cool!

4. MaNCHA

MaNCHA Swimmer

Meloetta Egg
    (Meloetta Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.0
    It is. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Yveltal and http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Xerneas_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29

I think it's pronounced 'Ee-vell-tal.' That's what I read.

I'm hoping that Chespin evolves into a Grass/Ghost!!!

I wasn't thinking anything like that for Chespin and Fennekin. lol. These designs wouldn't work for my speculation of a Grass/Ghost and Fire/Psychic, though.

5. Typhloser

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Oooh, possible Norse-themed legends?! Nidhoggr legend please!

6. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Dayum those legendaries are sexy. I'm having a hard time choosing which one I like better, it's going to be tough deciding whether to buy X or Y, but I suppose I have 9 months to think on that.

7. evodeus

evodeus Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.0
    I prefer Xerneas over Yveltal. That same gem-antlered deer makes it hard to notice it's based off of the X part of the 3D Spectrum. I don't like how Yveltal makes it clearly visible to see what it's based off of ..it feels kind of derpy to me for some reason...even though it may get an awesome myth like Xerneas. personally, I think Xerneas may be the answer to Arceus, as the origins of Arceus' egg was always a mystery. As for Yveltal, it's probably a devil-based dragon. Maybe Z will be something that answers everyone's questions about some of the legends of each region. :P

8. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Ooh I hope they add more pre/evolutions to existing Pokémon - a baby Sneasel would be nice.
    Though I can't see that happening since there were none in Gen5

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What annoys me is when people compare new pokes to Digimon or say that any pokes past Gen 1 or 2 aren't real. It's like they are reading it straight off a meme site and because they haven't even given new gens a chance they just automatically hate them to look cool. Really a pain.

10. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I know what you mean, I get that sometimes, but I think a lot of it is just pure nostalgia too. Well, nostalgia taken to a higher degree, like simply not being able to let go. I'm plenty nostalgic myself but denying that things past what you liked are even real or legit is just ridiculous. On the flip side sometimes people get accused of being like that if they happen to not like new designs for the designs themselves. Some people just get a little too rustled and heated over stuff like this, you see it with anything that exists and runs for a long ttime (TV channels, pro-wrestling, a recording artist, ect).

11. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    On the note of digimon look-a-like, I will add that, not that it'd be a problem to me, but in that artwork the Chespin evolution sort of reminds me of Rapidmon, the way it's armored back is. I really hope that's how chespin turns out, that'll be so cool.

12. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I hope there's a moose Pokémon.
    Heck, Xerneus may even be a moose
    though it's probably another deer

By the way, anyone going to take a guess at the types of those legendaries?
    Personally I think Xerneus might be a steel type.

13. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I don't know about Xerneas but Yveltal definitely looks like a Dark/Flying type to me.

14. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    With those sword legs Xerneas definitely makes me think steel typing. Though grass/electric would be cool. I have no reasoning for why it would be grass/electric; it's just a feeling.

15. Pikachuman18ThePikachu

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I LIKE IT!!!!!!!!

16. bubbie

bubbie Sassmaster

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    i keep seeing fan drawing of fennekin's evos with the ear tufts growing out and tied/beaded/braided together... and i really like it! i hope that ends up being the actual design.

17. Degnne

Degnne PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Funny you should mention that...

My boyfriend hates it. He says, "Does it get its trainer to braid its ear hair for it? Another Pokémon? It's stupid."

I don't mind it, though.

18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
  19. Pacman9

Pacman9 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    People say that Froakie's second attack is close combat, Fennekin's is psychic, and Chespin was using Night slash. If so, We have two type cycles this time.
    (Fire-Grass-Water and Psychic-Fighting-Dark) Pretty cool. But if chespin becomes Grass and dragon, that just wouldn't be fair for a starter. BTW it seems in those coro - coro scans that both the ledgendaries have no visible mouths, but pretty weird.

Media Fan likes this.
  20. Ross55

Ross55 Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Alright, well my opinion on the 6th Generation may be different to other people, but i believe they actually have done quite well with the starter Pokémon.

I mean well when you look at Chespin, he looks pretty cute and looks somewhat close to a beaver. Also unlike most Pokémon its leaves also represent his hair which not a lot of Pokémon have. Even though some would say that Chespin looks like a copy like of Oshawott, the design of Chespin is still pretty unique and awesome so it gets my vote.

When you look at Fennekin, well you can obviously tell that the producers nailed it this time, Fennekin looks adorable and a pretty cool looking fox in my opinion. There's really only like 3 foxes now including Fennekin so i think this was a great choice. You can say that she has a lot of fur in its ear, but no gives a damn because Fennekin is sooooo cute! ^^

When you at Froakie, ok well i know that you can produce a lot of criticism and insults about this Pokémon like it looks ugly or it doesn't even look like a Pokémon, but what people need to understand about Pokémon is that Pokémon won't always be a cute adorable creature all the time or a wicked strong one either, Pokémon is mainly a very imaginative or creative character that they make for a specific purpose, and well since Froakie is a water Pokémon and that frog are a good link to water, i believe this was a good choice for the water starter to the 6th Generation- i think its the 6th one...right?

Anyway wel this is my opinion on it, and i know that most would disagree, but i think in my opinion, the producers of these characters have done a great for the starter Pokémon- especially for Fennekin, it is already one of my favorite Pokémon because its soo adorale and awesome, however, it would suck though if it became a fire/fighting type for its evolution, now that would sucks, but i guess you can't ask for everything.

So my first pick for the games would be instantly FENNEKIN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.