1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers New Pokémon Games Announced!

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, Feb 27, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    As many of you are probably already aware, Nintendo just announced the next pair of Pokémon games on the Nintendo Switch, Sword and Shield.

These games take place in the new region of Galar (which throws off the old pattern of having a hard 'O' sound in the region names), with a more detailed art style and a lot of brand new areas to explore. It looks like the new starter Pokémon are Grooky, a Grass-type monkey, Scorbunny, a Fire-type rabbit, and Sobble, Water-type lizard... fish... thing.

It looks like Sword and Shield will be keeping some old trends, like having the fire-type starting Pokémon by based off of an animal in the Chinese Zodiac, while breaking others, such as not having a hard 'O' sound in the region name. Plus there seems to be sort of a hipster thing going on with the player character's default designs.

So, what are your thoughts and comments?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I am thinking about trying a nuzlocke when they come out… maybe a simplified one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I may go for a blind challenge run myself once they come out. Been a while since I did one of those...

Regardless, these new games are already looking great on the Switch~ *_*

Also, regarding the plaid. It's been a fashion trend in video games lately (pointing my finger at Kingdom Hearts 3 for that). XD

4. GrandGallade

GrandGallade Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽100.9
    I'm curious to see how the name of the games plays into the story. I am also excited to see the design of the evil team you'll stop. Unless they change the formula on us which would be interesting.

5. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,996.0
    I'm probably going to do the same. I find it funner to go into each new pair of games relatively blind, other than pre-release information.

Me too. It makes me wonder what the version legendaries are going to be like and how they'll tie into the Sword and Shield motif of the titles. I'm also wondering how they'll make the new evil team stick out from older ones. I would say that they'll have a knightly theme to them, but we already had that with the original version of Team Plasma (even though that aesthetic seemed kind of random for them).

SnowboundBecca likes this.
  6. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    I dunno whether to laugh or cry bc now i'll have to save close to €400 to get the Switch, and one of the Let's Go! games before buying a Gen 8 game