1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Pokémon News Coming Up Soon

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by BZRich64, May 27, 2019.

1. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    The Pokémon Company International has just announced two new events coming up within the next couple of weeks.

First up is a Press Conference that will be streamed live from Tokyo via Twitch tomorrow, May 28th, at 6:00 p.m. PDT. The announcement says that the press conference is expected to cover topics of interest for all Pokémon fans, indicating that it will cover news from multiple parts of the franchise.

Secondly, there is a Nintendo Direct focusing on Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield that is schedules for June 5th, starting at 6:00 a.m. PDT on YouTube.

In the meantime, all we have to do is speculate what new information we'll be learning during these two live-streams. So, speculate away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Gwoomy likes this.
  2. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    Yes! I can't wait!
    So, on new info, I'm going to guess that there's going to be news on remakes/ports/new games for certain Pokémon spinoffs, like Mystery Dungeon and whatnot. Hoping for a new Ranger game, and a port for Pokémon Shuffle!
    And for the Sword and Shield one, I think that they're going to reveal more of the region, and possibly showing the legendaries. I'm so hyped!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm hoping for flagship and full starter lines reveal but I'll take anything tbh, and a release date would be very nice too.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Hmm... I don’t expect too much Sword and Shield news at tomorrow’s press conference, since it seems like it will be about Pokémon in general. Maybe a new spinoff game or porting one to the Switch? (If that’s the case please be Mystery Dungeon!)
    That aside, on the Direct, we’ll probably see more of the Galar region, starter evolutions, box legendaries, and several other Pokémon. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Sethal likes this.
  5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I can't hope for anything cause I don't wanna be disappointed but I'll take any new info about SwSh ;D
    Also PMD would be AMAZING but, again, doing my best to hope for nothing.

#5 May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Sethal likes this.
  6. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Am Really Hype For This! As We Already Knew, There Will Be No Sword And Shield Update. But I Really Hope That It Is PMD Too Or Possibly What Everyone Wanting: A Remake Of Gen 4 Or 5. we Never Know Until The Event Happen And Like @Gwoomy Said, Also Trying My Best To Not Put Any Prediction.

7. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    hoping for reveal of Pokémon gun or trebuchet tbh what about you

i wanna see the box legendaries or something, unless the legendaries are wolf heads on swords and shields already, if thats the case just gimme anything tbh i need to get back into my Pokémon jam

8. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    My main hope would be an announcement for a new PMD game, though I'm not sure if it's likely to happen.
    For the 8th gen: I expect to see the full evolution lines of the new starters, and a closer at the region itself. Maybe, some new gym leaders etc. could be introduced.

9. Viktron

Viktron Bug Catcher

Gabe
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽45.7
    inb4 half the direct is just about Pokémon sleep

I'd want to see the full starter evos. New PMD or Gen 4 remakes would be cool as well, probably wouldn't happen for a while though.

10. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★