1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Protagonists Names?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Cadbberry, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    In the trailer for the game, it is shown two new looking protagonists, you can discuss that in this thread https://lakevalor.net/threads/new-protagonists.17744/, but since the last game had the default names of Sun and Moon, what would their names be in this game since the game is only called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon? Would their names be Ultra? Ultras? Ultram?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I like the idea of solar and lunar but I dunno what they will be officially yet =3=

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ProfessorPecan

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I agree with lunar and solar but something more creative would be luna and sola

4. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Solar and Lunar seems good and it might be likely that that's there names if they're not called Sun and Moon.

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I don't know, but I'm really hoping they'll get names like the protagonists of the previous generations. I didn't like how Sun and Moon had the same names as the games.

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm not really sure how this is gonna happen. I doubt they're gonna give them names with Ultra in it, so names like Luna and Sol would fit nicely, for the female and male protagonists respectively.

Smooshie likes this.
  7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    In the Black and White 2 Pokémon adventures manga they went with Blake and Whitley, so Sol and Luna aren't a bad guess. Maybe spell it Sul instead, so that both have a U, but that isn't a neccesity.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I doubt that they would spell it like Sul. It sounds more like a pet name of Sullivan than a variant of Sol.

9. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Definitely something related to the sun and the moon again haha. Solaris and Lunaris would be cool, but probs too edgy for an actual mainstream character name that's supposed to be like 10yrs old.

10. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Apparently Sun and Moon are referred to as Kai and Lana in the in-game data. Perhaps the new protagonists could use those names. Otherwise I think Sol and Luna seem like good choices, although they might be a bit to close to Lunick and Solana from the first Ranger game.

11. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    My first thoughts were Sol and Luna (or Lune... or some variation of it) but they might go for a less predictable name like Diana and Apollo. Who knows?

Lunick and Solana would have been great names for these new protagonists, I think. Too bad they've already used them...

12. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Calling them Sol and Luna would be kind of strange since the names of the legendary Pokémon are Solgaleo and Lunala. It would be kind of funny if they were just spelled a little differently like they were for Black/White 2 and they were called Sunne and Moone after the temples.

13. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I actually like Kai and Lana for the SM protagonists. Less predictable, but still nice names.

14. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    *please not Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon as names please please*

For some reason, I'm thinking it'll be something from Greek mythology, like Odysseus and Calliope or something. I dunno; the games just give me the feeling.

For example, I can't help thinking Gladion's name is based off 'gladiator', and that the temples of the Sunne/Moone seem to be based off certain temples to Artemis/Apollo, Selene/Helios, ect. I could go on an entire rant about symbolism...but I'll save it. *everyone: THANK GOD*
    #MissingNo

15. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Kai and Lana as well as Sol and Luna sounds like good option for them to me. Not like I think it matters much as most people choose a different name anyway.

16. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    I'm using the male protagonist in Sun & Moon in my fanfic and have been calling him Sun or Elio. He goes by either.

If these are new characters, I do hope they get names early on as opposed to Nate and Rosa from BW2 who were first known as Lack-2 and Whi-2

17. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    I think they are stilled called that in thw special manga. But yeah, please reveal the names early!

18. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I like Diana and Apollo, but I think they will do something like they did with gen 5 and choose random names. Like Roger and Danielle or something.

19. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    For some reason, all I can think of is 'Poké' and 'Great' since whenever I think of 'ultra' in regards to Pokémon, I think of the type of ball.

More seriously, I'm thinking of Helios and Selene, or Sol and Luna, after the Greek/Roman sun and moon gods.

20. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    ultra dude and ultra girl

Going off what happened in bw2 it could really be anything considering their names had nothing to do with the games. I'm kinda hoping it'll be somthing more normal though. Sometimes Pokémon names can be too fancy...