1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Protagonists?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    They were briefly visible in the trailer, but we did catch a glimpse of the protagonists of USM. Is it just Sun and Moon in a new outfit or have new protagonists appeared on the stage? Also, do you like the outfits?

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I like the beach outfits! i was hoping to see something more surprising for the main character's face, but still keeps the Pokémon stuff cool xD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    When I first saw the male protagonist, I thought that it looked like Sun, but I feel like these are new protagonists. I like their outfits, because they reflect the vibrant new Alola. Plus, I finally found the hairstyle that looks like mine! Just slap a brown color on it and I'll be happy with it!

4. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Looks like they're going for a day at the beach. Its a much more casual, easygoing style and I hope it does mean that we'll get a wider variety of clothing options. Having been to Hawaii almost a half dozen times, I can safely assure that their outfits are that of typical garb for tourist beachgoers.

As for if they're the same characters as Sun and Moon, I'm not sure. Their facial structure is almost identical, although it's hard to tell since their hair and overall appearance is different. If anything...they look a little older.

You mentioned in another thread that this is speculated to be in an AU to the standard, so maybe they are the same two hero/heroine but maybe slightly older or moving because of a different circumstance. That does really open the book up to arcs of the Aether Foundation/Team Skull/Professor Kukui/Lillie stuff to give an insight of what would happen if the main character of the game wasn't there at all. Without his/her influence on everything else, it could make for a drastically different setting.

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    While they don't look too different to the old Alolan protags, I definitely like the design of these ones more (again, what were they thinking with Moon's hat) They give off a relaxed holiday vibe like the old ones while still keeping it fresh with new styles. If there's one thing I'm looking forward to it's learning their names as I'm rather curious about that.

6. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I feel the same way XD

I'm curious about the new protagonists names, because now that Sun and Moon are already taken, what else could they be called? There's been a lot of suggested names whenever the SM protagonists were released, so I'm sure more names will come along in the meantime.

7. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I don't care what the protagonist characters look like as long as Lillie is still in it and is still adorable.

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I sure hope these are new protags! They look way too different from Sun and Moon to be the same people to me.

And if they are new protags, maybe we should actually give them a name this time. I like the names Sun and Moon but... can we have something more real?

JadeFox likes this.
  9. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Honestly they look exactly the same lol. I just thought they have new hair styles and clothes.

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Hrmm... maybe the "new perspective" is playing as a local, rather than someone having moved from Kanto? Although how that would really effect the story that much I'm not sure.

I actually had hoped there'd be a reversal of the situation, whereby you'd be an Alolan native who could move to Kanto after beating the league or something, that way we'd get to see Kanto remade in the newest style and have a double region worth of content the way they did for HGSS

11. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Playing as the local trainer would already be a big change from Sun and Moon. It is a nice thought.

12. Hopper

Hopper Tuber

Eggy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽56.5
    I think the look pretty similar to the originals, but they most definitely look like new protagonists. They certainly know fashion better than i do XD

13. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Honestly, all protagonist from x and y onward have the same facial structure due to the art style they use so to me that alone tells me absolutely nothing. I do like the outfits but I really hope that we get more customization. I do like the hairstyles better. Maybe they're sun and moon's relatives? Who knows, the direct was pretty open ended.

14. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I was thinking they were all new protagonists! It would be exciting to see them try and with this alt storyline, make them just alternates of the SM ones. I would be interested to see their names though since we have Sun and Moon already, would they both be named Ultra or something?

15. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,900.9
    To me they look like the exact same characters as Sun and Moon, but with different clothes and hairstyles.

16. Morgaine

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    That is possible. But I personally rather have new protagonists than reusing the old ones.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I love the female character's hat. I thought the outfits for Sun and Moon were a little lackluster for the most part. so hopefully they'll have more. It looks like there will be more hairstyles too, so I'm pretty excited about that.

I can't imagine what their names would be if they were new protagonists and I think it was confirmed that these games were sort of like alternate tellings of Sun/Moon. Unless they're both named Ultra, I would assume they're still Sun and Moon.