1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Ride Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Bubbles, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    In Sun and Moon a new feature was introduced to replace HM moves; Ride Pokémon! They were Tauros(boulder breaking on land), Stoutland(item finding), Lapras(surfing), Charizard(flying), Mudsdale(travel across rough terrain), Sharpedo(boulder breaking on water), and Machamp(move boulders).

With Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, what new Ride Pokémon would you like to see? What field effects would you like them to do? I think it would be neat if we could dive underwater with Lanturn or travel up waterfalls with Gyarados. Perhaps we could even hop on a Drifblim and float across magma!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,631.2
    I want to see a variety of possible ride Pokémon for each function for more personalization. For example, being able to use Rhyhorn or Bouffalant instead of Tauros.
    Also, I definitely want a rideable Rapidash. It would probably just serve as a faster was of moving around, along the lines of the Mach Bike in the Hoenn games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    maybe do something like a ride gigalith crossing magma.

I'd also like to see a soaring feature return for Charizard glide too.

Geroniny likes this.
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Basically every flying type big enough can be used for the flying ride Pokémon, so I hope that GF comes with something new than just Charizard.

Also I am hoping for Arcanine to be rideable.

5. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    Pidgeot and Rapidash

6. VictoryStar34

SS Egg #1
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,103.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★
    ...A psychic Pokémon levatating you. Does that count as a Ride Pokémon? I don't know.

7. jordan1510

jordan1510 Aura Guardian

Legendary Egg
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽28.3
    Yeah, Latios, and Latias counted in ORAS

Riding across lava on a fire type would be awesome. Magcargo, maybe?

#7 Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2017
  8. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It would be nice if we could have a way to register our own Pokémon. Like make it possible to use Pokémon like Lapras, Sharpedo, etc for surfing and if we have a Pokémon in our party that's a surfing type, be able to use it instead of Lapras or Sharpedo.

9. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I want to ride a rapidash hhhh!

10. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I want to ride a fluffy Mareep!

BraviaryScout likes this.
  11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    It could be like the Flash HM :)

Wings likes this.
  12. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    That would be really cool! :D I'm scared that I'm getting too attached to the idea of Mareep as a ride Pokémon...if USM/Gen 8 doesn't have it, I'll be crushed T_T

13. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Cut is still a possible HM...but I don't know...
    Flygon. I need to fly on a Flygon. Maybe in the desert exclusively or something?
    #MissingNo

14. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    This is an interesting thread.

As some of the other people have said, it would be pretty cool to be able to register your own ride Pokémon. I'd personally love to fly on a Staraptor or Talonflame, or ride on a Luxray. But if anything, I really wish that we could have the Soar function again. I've heard that that was a lot of fun in ORAS, and I'd love to soar on one of my favorite flying type Pokémon!

15. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Wow I didn't even think about that! It would be amazing if you could register a Pokémon of your choice to perform a certain field action. Like for example let's say you catch a Gyarados, Starmie, Corsola, etc. and they are all compatible with a "ride over water" ride feature. Then you can register which one you want to ride on whenever you want to ride over water and switch it whenever you want in another tab or something.

16. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I think it'd be really cool if they somehow implemented a sort of "it's a Ride Pokémon but not really" feature with Solgaleo and Lunala, and you can use it to travel between dimensions to find more Ultra Beasts, or even travel to other player's games!

17. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I would absolutely love to ride the ocean waves on the back of a Wailord. Likely for long-distance travel, like a cruise ship. But that's just me. :P

18. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    That's Good Idea, Possibly Necrozma does it instead.

19. PokemonGuardian2000

Pidgeotto
    (Pidgeotto)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽74.2
    I think wailemr and pepplierper might be new ride Pokémon in Ultra sun and Ultra moon because i saw them in hte sun and moon Pokémon anime.

20. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    That sounds so cool! I'm thinking of a ride gyarados that surfs and can travel up waterfalls. There are still plenty of HM moves that weren't covered by previous ride Pokémon, so it's pretty likely that we'll see some new rides in USUM.