1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Spoilers New sword and shield news

Discussion in 'Switch Pokémon Games' started by Aiko, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    New gameplay strategies have been revealed! From abilities that can cancel out other abilities to items that can switch you out whenever your stats drop, the battle strategies will be shaken up in Sword and Shield alongside the Dynamax and Gigamax features!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Innish likes this.
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I thought someone had already posted this when it was revealed 2 days ago. XD

I really like the ability they revealed for Weezing, null all other abilities, I could see that create some interesting chaos. Corviknight's HA is pretty sweet too, I'll def be hunting for one that got it once is possible.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  3. DuoM2

Groudon Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,398.7
    Not much really interested me here. I know Corviknight getting its hidden ability to check stuff like Intimidate Gyarados and Mence better for example is always nice, but nothing else really caught my eye because a lot of it seemed either a bit too geared toward doubles or didn't seem good enough in general.

Nice knowing that Rotom is back though. That makes me happy.

4. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    -Galarian Weezing will be the new Incineroar in doubles. Calling it already.
    -Corviknight’s HA is pretty cool, but I feel like it’s just a re-skin of Magic Bounce (like Mold Breaker and Turboblaze)
    -I really like the idea of having a little video explaining some new battle mechanics. I don’t think they’ve ever done that before.

5. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Plus Don't Forget That Sword And Shield Are The Next Main Game To Be Use For Pokémon World Championship, Starting Next Year!

6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I'm going to be honest, I don't completely understand abilities, as the only game I've played with them was Ruby, and most of those abilities were pretty mild and didn't really affect gameplay all that much. At least, not the way I was playing it. Do abilities usually have a strategic affect on casual playthroughs, or is it mostly just for competitive battling?

7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Abilities mostly help in battles, but there are some abilities that also work outside of battles. For example, Intimidate lowers the chance of wild Pokémon appearing, and a Pokémon with Pickup can pick up items after defeating wild Pokémon. I think they’re geared more towards battling, but they aren’t completely useless outside of battles.