1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Update for Pokémon GO: Raids and New Gym Features

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Morgaine, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    If you play Pokémon GO, you might have seen that the gyms have temporary been closed down by Niantic. The gyms shutdown is part of the huge update that is coming our way soon! The update includes new Items, Gym Features, Raid Battles, and some other things!

First up in the list of updates, are the new Gym features!

You can get Items from Gyms. Just spin the Photo Disc as you do with the Stops and Items will spawn for you!

No longer will it be possible to see a gym filled with ten Dragonite, or five Blissey as your opponent. The new gyms only have 6 slots for Pokémon, and all of them have to be unique. As opposing trainer you will now battle the Pokémon in the Gym in the order they have been assigned to it.

Gym Pokémon now have a Motivation Meter to deal with when being placed in a Gym. When they get beaten in a fight, their Motivation will drop. When the Motivation Meter drops enough, their CP will be lowered temporarily, making it much easier to beat. Their Motivation Meter will also drop by just spending time when being assigned. When the Motivation Meter hits Zero and it is beaten in a fight, the Pokémon will return to its Trainer.

The good news is that all Trainers of the team that is reigning over the Gym can feed the Gym Pokémon berries to keep their motivation up. So now, even if your Pokémon do not feel strong enough to battle with, there is still something that you can do to help out!
    [​IMG]
    Another thing that you can do now, is earn Gym Badges. You read that right! We can now earn badges for our efforts. You can level up the badges by feeding the Pokémon in the Gym berries, by spinning the Photo Disc, and by battling. You can earn increased rewards and bonuses from Leveling up you Gym Badges.

Now coming near you: Raid Battles!

Raid battles are a cooperative feature that is included in the update. A Raid Battle is a cooperative gameplay experience that encourages you to work with other Trainers to defeat an extremely powerful Pokémon known as the Raid Boss.These can happen randomly at any Gym at any time. When this happens all Pokémon that are assigned to a gym are returned to their Trainers and a huge egg spawns on top of the Gym. When the counter reaches zero, the Raid Boss is revealed!

To participate in a Raid Battle you first need a Raid Pass. Raid Passes can be gotten through the Gym Disc, once a day, and you can carry only one at a time. Of course, Premium Raid Passes can be bought in the shop. But with up to 20 players, you can participate in a Raid Battle. Successfully defeat the Raid Boss in the 5-minute time limit and you might be able to catch a powerful Pokémon of your own!

New Items available after defeating a Raid Boss, and only then:
    • Rare Candies - These candies, when used on a Pokémon, can change to any Pokémon's Candies
    • Gold Razzberry - Greatly enhanced the chance of catching Pokémon, you can also feed them to the Gym Pokémon to fully recover its Motivation Meter.
    • Fast Attack TM - Teach a Pokémon a new Fast Attack
    • Charge Attack TM - Teach a Pokémon a new Charge Attack
    The new Raid Battle Feauture will be first put into Beta for the next few weeks. After that it might be coming near you soon.

More Information can be found here: http://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/raids

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    This update sounds awesome! Now, I might finally stand a chance at beating a Gym!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I am hyped beyond BELIEF for this event. I think it's gonna be really great. Absolutely can't wait.

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I'm pleased but at the same time a little unsure, I mean they have a terrible past history of game updates and this all relies very heavily on being a fighter. What about me, I'm a collector? I very much doubt even with the new helpful rules, that any of my Pokémon will happen to be secretly high IV'd enough to cope in fights alongside and against others who have been being over competitive about the game since day 1. I want gym badges and things very much but I can't even interact with a gym or the game itself without travelling some way to where the game signal can work, therefore it sounds unlikely that I will ever be near a gym often enough to even see the new features D:

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am rather enjoying this update, the gyms look so much cooler than before. Though they did get rid of the defender bonus which sucks or it got moved to another place that I haven't found yet.

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I've got to admit it's been a really great update, but only because of legendary raids haha prior to that I'd never done so much as a single gym battle and therefore it would not have been the case that I would spend money on raid passes and actually earn many of the new items from winning the battles. I think they certainly had no choice but to change the gym system though since it was terrible before.