1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New X and Y evil team!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by GarchompIsBlaziken, Jul 13, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    The new antagonist team for Pokémon X and Y has been released and it is called Team Flare. They have a pointy-ish hairstyle and wear official looking orange suits. They are only in the business of evil for the money, and seem to do anything for it seeing how in the CoroCoro scans there are a few screenshots of them saying things about selling Pokémon and Pokémon fossils. What is everybody's take on this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Yea Orange suits!!!! B)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I think that maybe there will be a second group, like of like Gen 3's Aqua and Magma. Since the Kalos region has already been described as oh-so-massive I think the region is big enough for us to get one, or maybe two more evil teams in the game. Maybe they're releasing Team Flare right now so that when the game comes out there will be another evil team that you meet before meeting Team Flare that will get you super confused and GameFreak can be amused by the poor, innocent people who play the games faster than others going, "No! You meet Team Flare later!"

This is getting ridiculously long, so goodbye... xD

4. Banshee

Banshee Pokémon Professor

Gregg the Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽62.1
    I sort of find it a little ironic that they're the new criminal team and that they're wearing orange suits. XD
    I'm kinda interested on knowing more about this team. I hope they don't have Zubats, Rattata, Mightyena, or other super common Pokémon that past teams used xD

5. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    In the trailer it showed them using Houndour. I don't know if that means they're definitely using Houndour in-game, but there's a good chance it does. There hasn't been an evil team with Houndour yet, but they might be super common in this new region...

6. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I dunno man, my first thoughts were "lol look at their hair" it just looks so silly with that little tuft of hair sticking out like a mini-ice cream
    [​IMG]
    I gotta admit that their uniform is pretty cool, tho. They've got a cool symbol too (wait a minute, "cool" doesn't seem fitting for a fire-type team...)
    [​IMG]
    it kinda looks like a head with its mouth open
    Let's just hope they're more than just a bunch of generic money-making group of villains.

7. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I find them really weird. :) In a nice way. Their hair is so THREATENING!! :o But I love their uniforms. Very mafia-esque. With those awesome shades. :)

8. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Any team that can get away from using dark types is great in my book. Dark types aren't evil themselves, but they always get that stereotype. Its time for some change!

Shadow Blaze likes this.
  9. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Well Dark type is Evil type in Japan.

Anyway I think they look interesting and I can't wait to see how they tie into the story.

10. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Thank you... Just for saying this...

I agree though. In the trailers, unfortunately, it has shown them using Houndour. I would rather see them use something like Darmanitan or Arcanine.

That doesn't mean they, themselves, are evil though. Absol: he goes down to warn people about natural disasters hoping to save their lives, just to get rocks chucked at him. Darkrai: risked his life to save a city full of a bunch of people who were appalled by him.

11. Potatrobot

Potatrobot Resident Potato

PokéPoints:
    ₽42.0
    How would being an Evil type mean that you aren't evil? Most dark types are characterised by having evil, sinister, or otherwise misaligned natures.

For example, Sneasel and Weavile are sneaky, devious thieves. Honchkrow is effectively a boss of a Mafia of Murkrows. Houndour and Houndoom are fire demons. Tyranitar is insolent and uncaring, as well as a large-scale vandal.

One way or another, dark types are personified as having fairly evil natures.

12. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    They are the swankiest-looking Team I've seen; they have suits instead of jumpsuits after all! Love their hair too. I feel they should break into doing Gangnam Style and second, with their sunglasses and all. :I

13. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    While I generally like the villainous characters in games/books/whatever, I can't say that I can believe that all Dark Types are "evil". That's like calling a whole race evil! I'll admit I'm stretching it, but the Dark Type is a type, or race, of Pokémon if you will. Just like in the other types, some will be good, some will be evil. Some will be misunderstood based on looks and the false perceptions of people. Some will be looked at as "evil" based on nothing more than what they have to do to survive. There's a difference between "evil" and "brutal". No matter what the Japanese call the Type, I'll still think of it as not evil, but closer to brutal. Not nice, but not bad, as a whole.

I don't even care if you think what I just said it completely stupid, or have something to counter it. This is what I think, and I never said you had to agree.

14. Fluffy_Eevee

Fluffy_Eevee Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I'm really glad about our new enemies. They don't want to rule the world or the galaxy or change it into land or sea blah blah...
    Maybe Team Flare plan that too we dont know so far.
    They only want to make money ;D
    Thats cool!

15. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I agree with you when you say that its nice that they don't want something super drastic as their goal

16. Cobalt

Cobalt I'M A HURRICANE

PokéPoints:
    ₽64.6
    I could hear the cosplayers' sewing machines starting when I first saw Team Flare.

But seriously, I think they look cool. At first I was like "What....uh...these guys are WEEEEIRD." But now that I look at them, I see that they don't sound too bad. I'm going to wait until I see their intentions to judge.

17. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    All that's been confirmed about there intentions, that I know of... I haven't checked Serebii yet today, is that they want money.

18. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Dark is not evil in itself. You have light, you have dark. Opposites, but neither are paralleled with good or evil. Take umbreon for example...

19. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    Dark = Evil and Light = Good is just one of the many false perceptions of evil. The reason we think that way is because we can't see in the dark, so instinct screams to find light, or hide. Light being good, is just the opposite. We see in light, and therefore know what emerges from the Light, so it's something we take as being good.

20. Paradise

Paradise Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽28.2
    I like everything about the new evil team so far, except their name. Team Flare just sounds so generic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.