1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Next poster creates the pokemon!

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Jeydis, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    So this is a fun exercise that I like to do with my friends over text. Post a picture of a creature (animal, fantasy, etc) or even an object and the poster below you comes up with as detailed of a Pokémon concept as they can then post their own image.

A Kakapo
    [​IMG]
    Name: Kagroka (Ka-Grove or Grow-ka)
    Types: Grass/Ground
    Abilities: Grass pelt / Leaf Guard
    Description: It does not have feathers but leaves and seedpods between them, they burrow in the ground at night and come out when the sun is shining to photosynthesize. The males use their weight and deep voices to pulse the ground and attract females during mating season.

First picture to work with:

Show me a Warthog Pokémon!
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Mar 13, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    Glitxel and Absolute Zero like this.
  2. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I actually had an idea for a warthog Pokémon a long time ago, though I was snobby and said it was based of a javelina instead. So my idea is as a species that starts off Ground-type for its first form as a cute little tusk-less piglet. As it gets to its final form (maybe with an in-between) it gets to be a much rougher boar, right into razorback territory. It would have mad tusks, yo very much like Ganon's various appearances in some Zelda games, particularly OoT and TP. I want this to have high speed and high physical attack, and maybe low defenses offset by a decent HP stat (which seems consistent with other visually-bulky Pokémon).

Name: Boccary (boar combined with peccary) and Javusk (Javelina or Hoof combined with Tusk (I'm pretty sure the J in javelina makes a H sound)
    Types: Ground and Ground-Dark
    Abilities: Reckless (recoil-inducing moves are 20% stronger)
    Description: Although the juvenile Boccary are docile and friendly to humans, adolescent and adult Javusk are fiercely territorial, and will violently fight off and intruders: Pokémon or otherwise.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Glitxel, Jeydis and Rezna like this.
  3. Glitxel

Mya
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽295.4
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Ooh~ This game seems really interesting! I'd like to try it as well!
    The fish is a Bubble Eye Goldfish so maybe I can make a little something about those sacs of its? Those sacs are said to be really delicate so I'm thinking it probably has terrible defenses. Its also said to be a slow swimmer so I guess Its speed wouldn't be the best either. Maybe its best stats would be Special Attack and Attack with its worst stats being its Speed, Defense and Special Defense. Its Shiny for could be the Black variation of it.

Name: Aurble (Aurum (Gold) + Bubble)
    Types: Water
    Abilities: Water Bubble (Lowers the power of Fire-type moves done to the Pokémon and prevents the Pokémon from getting a burn.)
    Description: Aurbles are very delicate fish Pokémon that are more priced as pets and in aquariums rather than in battle. The bigger the water bubbles of the fish the stronger and more priced it is.

[​IMG]
    I wonder what you can make out of this...
    EDIT: Its a Tarsier if anyones wondering

#3 Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    Jeydis likes this.
  4. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Oooh Tarsiers, great choice.

Name: Gazier (Gaze - Tarsier/Vizier)
    Types: Psychic/Dark
    Abilities: Dazzling / Unnerve

Description:
    Dark purple fur with bio luminescent spots that are turned off normally but when startled or attacking the spots light up and the eyes get very bright and flash in various color sequences to mesmerize or startle opponents. Waking up one in the middle of the day is said to leave the person in a trance like state from which Gazier feeds off their dreams.

Next up: Show me your Aardvark Pokémon idea!
    [​IMG]

Glitxel likes this.
  5. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Extraardvark- extraterrestrial + aardvark
    Type- Psychic-Ground
    Ability- Magic Guard
    It is unknown how it ever came to the Pokémon world, but it is theorized to have mysteriously teleported to (insert region). It burrows deep into the mantle in an attempt to return to its home planet. (hence the Ground typing)

As for a design idea, it would look mostly like a normal aardvark with a star mark on its forehead, a star shape at the tip of its tail, and rings down its back. It would have purplish-pink colored fur, and covered in small white dots similar to the stars in a galaxy. They glow brighter when it attacks. The star on its forehead and the rings on its back would be dark blue, and its claws would be brown. The shiny would swap the blue and purple, and the claws would turn a pastel green.

Now there are plenty of existing butterfly Pokémon but what can you come up with for this one?
    3A2F71DB-C927-4B74-9EF2-6E73EAB321E6.jpeg
    (It’s a Greta Oto or glasswing butterfly)

6. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    Name: Garasu (Google says that Garasu is glass in Japanese)
    Types: Steel/Flying
    Abilities: Clear Body/ Magic Bounce

Description: They live in harsh environments, food is scarce and the only thing the larva can eat is sand. During it's pupa stage it generates heat to keep itself warm. Then it uses all of it's thermal energy to convert it's wings into glass by heating up all the sand that it ate as a larva.

Looking forward to see what you can make out of the Mantis Shrimp
    [​IMG]

7. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Name: Limbug (LIM being Linear Induction Motor and bug being bug)
    Types: Bug/Psychic
    Ability: Pure Force (like Pure Power but for Special Attack, 2x the base stat)
    Limbug are slow-moving crustaceans that live near undersea geothermal vents. They circle the vents at a glacial pace, and shoot any prey that gets close to them with a shockwave through the water powered by its immense Special Attack stat. They are very capable predators, able to learn attacks of nearly any type for hunting any prey.

Such a bias toward animals here. How about a Pokémon derived from aloe vera, the plant that everyone should have living in their kitchen, except, like, hopefully able to do more stuff than treat burns?
    [​IMG]

8. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,343.1
    Man I forgot to come back to this thread in a bit.

Aloe Vera huh? That's an interesting idea.

Name: Alosanar (Aloe/sanar (spanish for Heal))
    Types: Grass/Water
    Abilities: Water Veil / Water Absorb
    Desc: This little Pokémon hoards water to have during the dry seasons of the arid regions it lives in. If they form a bond with other Pokémon and humans, it will share this water which gains healing properties.

For the next one how about a Pokémon based on Mercury, the metal:
    [​IMG]

Absolute Zero likes this.
  9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,138.7
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Meltan!
    Name: Elemetal (Element/elemental or electric + metal)
    Type: Water
    Ability: Steelworker
    Elemetal is a shiny, watery Pokémon that can slip around any obstacle. It is also very reflective, and can reflect attacks as a self-defense mechanism. It can conduct some electricity, but not very well. I imagine it would evolve into an Electric type as a metal that conducts electricity better than its pre-evolved form.

What Pokémon can you make of my favorite kind of seal- the leopard seal?
    [​IMG]

10. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    [​IMG]
    Name: Selkie
    Type: Water/Fighting
    Ability: Justified
    Selkie is very cute, and is also rugged, but more importantly is very cute.

Name: Foseal (Fosidae taxonomy and Seal)
    Type: Ice/Poison
    Ability: Thick Fat / Poison Touch
    Foseal hunt small fish under polar ice floes, and are incredibly fast in their element. Though they prefer weaker prey, they will fight larger, stronger hunters like Sharpedo and Wailord for dominance, relying on poison to weaken its opponent.

Next up: Dragonfly! But, like, a different one than we already have.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#10 Jul 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  11. JayTwix

JayTwix Bug Catcher

Egbert
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽0.4
    Name: Emburn (I suck at names)
    Type: Fire/Bug
    Ability: Flame landing
    Using any flying type attacks has a chance to burn the opposing Pokémon. (Unless this is a thing?)

Here's the true test!
    [​IMG]
    BLOBFISH!

12. Absolute Zero

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Ziggap - The Blobfish Pokémon
    Type: Electric/Poison
    Ability: MagLev (re-flavored Levitate) or Multi-Symptom (Any opponent which is poisoned also suffers the effects of paralysis, and any opponent which is paralyzed also suffers the effects of poison)
    Ziggap live in low-speed high-pressure water currents deep in ocean trenches. Though they are nearly incapable of directly fighting even weak opponents, they are able to simultaneously poison and paralyze any opponent susceptible to those conditions.

Next: the humble lightbulb!