1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Anime Next Season of the Pokémon Anime Announced!

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Wizard, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    Source: https://screenrant.com/pokemon-anime-every-region-galar-kanto-alola/

According to a video, the next season of the Pokémon anime has been announced, with the working title Pocket Monsters, just like the original show. The details are few in number so far, but we know that it will feature all of the regions discovered so far within the main series of Pokémon games. This could mean the end of the Ash Ketchum arc, but it could also mean a continuation of it. Further details are expected to come later this month!

Given the known details, what would you like out of this new season of the Pokémon anime? What are you expecting? What would make the show interesting enough for you to watch?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Honestly I hope they'll take a break from Ash for a while, a new perspective would be refreshing at this point. It could just be that I'm biased in not exactly liking him that much as a MC, but it would be nice to change things up a bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    My Only Hope Is The Anime Series Is A Separate Anime Series For Galar Region Based On The Description And A Separate Series From The Main Series. Like Look, The Main Series Can Run At The Same Time But The Problem Is That The New Anime Series Is Going To Debut In The Same Timing As The Debut Timing Of The Main Series. The Main Series Is Where Many Already Grown Up With, If They Going To Reboot It -- It Will Lose The Nostalgia Feeling When We Are Going Back To Watch The Old Episode. I Hope This New Animated Series Is For Those Who Latest Into Pokémon Like By Pokémon Go And Pokémon Let's Go While The Main Series Can Continue To Show For Those Older Pokémon Fan/Player.

Now If You All Excess Me... I Need To Run Away From Pikachu, Since It's Going To Battle With Geronimo Stilton And Cassini Spacecraft For My Attention This Month... And I Have Become Stretchy Because Of Them In Discord.
    (Yes, This Month Is Cassini Spacecraft's Grand Finale Plunge And 'Geronimo Stilton' Animated Series Debut Anniversary Month. Plus Cassini's Plunge And Geronimo's Animated Debut Happen In Same Day, But In Different Year: Cassini's Plunge In 2017, Geronimo's Debut In 2009)

#3 Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  4. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    We've had Ash for over a decade. I really think it might be time for a break from him. Not to mention that they pretty much reset all his character development every season, so that's frustrating. A new protagonist would make sense.

5. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    I would definitely love a new protagonist. Now don't take me wrong, I like Ash. But, come on! I'ts been 20 years! Let him win the Alola League and have some character progression. We could even have some episodes about him growing in age and just setting there in Alola as Champion, wouldn't that be rad? If there's a new protagonist, I wish it were a girl... although I know the producers won't do that :/. But, anyways, I would like to see what they come up with. At least I'm excited for the change of animation: I liked Alola's, but that's not fit for the Galar region, which is supposed to be more mature in aesthetic at least.

6. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,658.2
    My guess is either a reboot that condenses Ash's entire journey so far into a single series or, preferably, that the show will finally move on to a new main character. It could even be an anthology of sorts, similar to Chronicles or Generations, and jump around to different characters having their own adventures in the different regions.

7. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I agree with @Darkmaster006 completely! A new protagonist would be great, especially a female one! I think something that goes over all the regions, not just 1 region at a time would be super interesting too. Overall, i'm pretty excited to see where this ends up!

Darkmaster006 likes this.
  8. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I know that this will probably be a great thing for the series, a fresh start, but I'm going to admit, though I think they'll probably replace Ash as the main character, I'm really going to miss him. I really like Ash. If he's not the main character anymore, I at least want him to have a few cameos or something.
    Beyond just getting a fresh start away from Ash, I think that what will be even better for the series is to get a fresh start with 'the' Pokémon of the show. Pikachu is such an icon for Pokémon, and that's great, but I think it would be a real waste if Pikachu was used as the mascot of the new series too. There are plenty of Pokémon that can be used to represent Pokémon as a whole.

I'm hoping that if we get a new protagonist, that they'll have a goal that we haven't seen in the show yet. Shake things up a bit, instead of just having them want to win the Pokémon league, or be a great gym leader or performer/coordinator. Pokémon is such a broad world, there are so many possibilities of the main character's goal.