1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nice of the princess to invite us over for quotes, eh, Luigi?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Doggo, May 1, 2019.

1. Doggo

Doggo Tuber

flopwop
    (Furret)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9.6
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I hope y'all have lots of your favourite memorable ones! What are some of your favourite lines you've seen/heard in your favourite video games? Did they make you smile? Chuckle a little? I really like Hotel Mario's intro (memorized it by heart because i have the time) and the iconic "Where did you come from?" with the Yes/No response from Pokémon OR/AS (because i don't know if the kid exists in R/S/E).

2. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,275.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    Oh my goodness I have too many. By the way, you have great taste in quotes, so...
    - I hope she made lotsa SPAGHETTI (You know what)
    - All toasters toast toast. (You definitely know what)
    - Gee, it sure is boring around here, isn't it? / My boy, this peace is what all true warriors strive for! / I just wonder what Ganon's up to! (The most cursed Zelda game to exist aside from the Tingle series)

Oh, and A Hat in Time has some great ones from the Conductor. For maximum effect, please read in a dramatic Scottish accent.
    - If I wanted a bunch of peck necks dance around while hopped up on birdseed, I'd visit me grandchildren!
    - And yer better not star in any of DJ Grooves' movies! His movies are FOUL HAGGIS, on a giant pile of PIG DROPPINGS! Also, we got an exclusivity deal, yeah?
    - Ye don't dare blow up my train for real! It's me baby!

That's all for now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    The early Final Fantasy games were chalk full of memorable quotes. Some of my favorites include:
    "I, Garland, will knock you all down!" - Garland (Final Fantasy)
    "You spoony bard!" - Tellah (Final Fantasy IV)
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!" - Gilgamesh (Final Fantasy V)
    "Son of a submariner/sandworm!" - Kefka (Final Fantasy VI, submariner used in SNES translation, sandworm used in later translations)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @Doggo
    I can confirm that the Yes/No question existed in R/S/E

I CONSUMED SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF- Random trainer in Battle Frontier, Emerald
    Mama hates you- Tattletail

5. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Here are some of my favorite game quotes out of context. Try to see how many you can guess right!

1. “Holy power come to me. First aid!”

2. “I’m so hungry, I could eat an Octorock!”

3. “Way to go Yuka-tan!”

4. “Aw yeah, this is happening!”

5. “Me busy? Don’t worry about it! I got a whole hour of sleep last night, so I’m just raring to go!”

6. “Well, I’ve already locked you in jail. There isn’t actually much else I can do without raising this game’s age rating.”

1. Tales of Vesperia
    2. Link the Faces of Evil
    3. Persona 3
    4. Sonic Adventure
    5. Animal Crossing New Leaf
    6. Paper Mario Color Splash