1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nicknames

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Shadria, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Mod Edit: This is now the topic for all nickname related talk to avoid further clutter all other nickname topics have been merge into this one.

So we're able to nickname the Pokémon we catch here on LV, anyone want to share their favorite/funniest/ect?

I have (Or was supposed to have, thanks to the glitchiness of it last night)
    Slytherin-Ekans (It didn't go through, I'll have to fix it once we're able to change nicknames)
    Socky- Alolan Vulpix (I've been naming Vulpix 'Socky' after a pet cat I had for years)
    Dopple- Sandshrew (Honestly when I thought of 'desert' I thought of giant doppler radar dishes?)
    Sting- Weedle (After Sting, the musician)
    Jenny- Alolan Diglett (It didn't go through, but Alolan Dugtrio is just..it screams 'Jenny')
    Hitornbo- Rattata (Hitornbo Envy, a Vocaloid (not sure?) song that is known to have 'Rattatata' in the chorus)
    R.A.T.- Alolan Rattata (The Jojo Stand owned by a pair of rats!)
    ApplePie and CaterKing- Metapod and Caterpie (few years back I was playing Pokémon Yellow while hungry and named a Caterpie 'Applepie'. I went along with it by adding CaterKing, it sounds like 'Catering'- the job of providing food and drinks to large events)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2017
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    All the nicknames my pokémon have are some the app choose, think the silliest one is probably Bulbasaur-Rex (Nidoran F).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I name all of my Pokémon off of food and beverages. Because I can. :P

#3 Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    There is a bit of a glitch with Nicknames moving to other peoples Pokémon.

@Shadria @Hraesvelgr's weedle is called Slytherin.

And Cad named a Pokémon Shuttermuffle, but one of mine ended up being called that.

5. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Yeah I know, and while is annoying some of the names the glitch gives pokémon are hilarious.

6. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Oh no, sorry about @Hraesvelgr's Weedle X'D
    Huh, that's a..interesting glitch. I wonder who ended up with Jenny, Nida, and Blaze then?

7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,871.5
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm really bad at naming Pokémon, and they usually end up with really silly names. Like my bulbasaur is named phytosaur.
    So far I haven't had issues with names, so my silly names stay my own.

8. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Depends on what the Pokémon is. Sometimes I'll have an awesome name (People seem to like how I've named Meowth Bigglesworth) and then some that are far from stellar. Zubat's name is Siphon...it's okay, but nothing really special

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    My current Mons nicknames:
    "Go Away" The Metapod
    "Snek" The Discord Emoji (Ekans)
    "Squad Goals" The Nidorina

Mine are just.... Meme like

10. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    My Charmander's name is Zzyxz. (I think I butchered the spelling) Fablehaven, anyone?
    I named my Sandshrew Drago. Because he's kind of like a weasel? Draco Malfoy?
    My Spearow's name is...Swordo.
    I NEVER SAID THEY MADE SENSE
    #MissingNo

11. Shadria

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    @GiratinaMissingNo "Zzyxz" sounds interesting, although I haven't heard of Fablehaven. When I first read that name, I thought it was after the 'ZZAZZ' glitch cause I forgot the actual 'name' of said glitch. Then again it would be more fitting to name a Bulbasaur ZZAZZ. :P

GiratinaMissingNo likes this.
  12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    *muffled yelling* MUST FIND BULBASAUR
    Fablehaven's an excellent series. Five books, starting with 'Fablehaven', then 'Rise of The Evening Star'. If you need some fantasy, it's a great time.
    #MissingNo

13. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am good at naming Pokémon, I got BuffleWuffle, Dooga, Widdle Waddle, Fluffbuff, ShutterMuffle, Buzzyboo, Booflewoofle, Floraloof, Squiba, Pancake. I really like to name things weird names XD

14. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I nicknamed my female Nidoran "Mini Puggles" since it's got the face that's similar to my pug when me and @Jewls are playing and sitting with her in our lap

15. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    The nicknames that aren't trash would be Fruff the Growlithe, and Butter the Pikachu. Oh and I also have a Psyduck called Sigh :D The ones that I have that I didn't name but were called that anyway are Birb the Zubat and Zalhala the Squirtle.

16. Pirate Captain

Pirate Captain Nightmare Tala

Hoppip
    (Skiploom)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽17,057.9
    King's Rock ★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Darkinum Z ★★★★
    I just caught a jigglypuff and called it jumpy

17. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I just give mine random names sometimes. My zubat's name is Fang, because wynaut? My sandshrew's name is Dune, cause I was thinking like a sand dune:P

Edit: I just named a meowth Fitzwilliam :D

#17 Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  18. KrazyK

KrazyK The KRAZYEST member on LV!!!

Laxus
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽98.7
    Beast Ball ★★★★Thunder Stone ★★★Lucky Punch ★★★★★
    Can any of the admins help?
    I tried to name my charmander natsu but i accidently clicked on the X in the corner instead of my enter button!

If u r all wondering i am nameing my Pokémon after charactors from fairytail!

Kiyase likes this.
  19. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    The name I gave to my Vulpix is Fyra. Haha, the reason is because on a game I play, Fantasy Life, there's a character who goes by the same name and is the daughter of a Blacksmith. And it's actually pronounced 'fire' for some reason, lol. :D

I name my Alolan Vulpix Yuki, because it's a nice name, and I did the same thing in Moon too. It means snow. Or at least something similar...

20. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    God - That's my Horsea's name