1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo Direct March 8, 2018

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Morgaine, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    It was announced yesterday that Nintendo would be streaming a new Direct today.

The Direct will start at:
    • 11 PM CET/GMT+1
    • 10 PM GMT
    • 5 PM EST/GMT-5
    • 2 PM PST/GMT-8
    It will be a 30 minute direct for both the Nintendo Switch and the 3DS. Currently, they have only revealed that they will be talking about Mario Tennis Aces.

What games are you expecting to be discussed or revealed during this Nintendo Direct?

Personally, I am hoping to see some news on the new FE Game for the Switch that they had announced a while back.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm honestly hoping to hear something about the Pokémon Switch game, just anything really.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I remember hearing a rumour that some Fire Emblem news would be dropped, but beyond that, I haven't heard anything particularly substantial (or solid).

I'll be probably watching this as I have some free time around then; I'm not expecting anything massive, but then again, I don't want to set myself a bar for Nintendo Directs - I like them to be a pleasant surprise.

Laserdragon14 likes this.
  4. jeevan261001

jeevan261001

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I want either a new Smash Bros or Virtual Console (probably not likely).

5. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,650.4
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    I’m not hoping anything to avoid disappointment x)
    (Even though there are game I’d like to see announced like Pokémon or Animal Crossing.)

6. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I don't really own any nintendo console at the moment, so I'm just hoping for something interesting to show up.

7. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I don't think Pokémon will show up.

Metroid's out too, as I think that will be an E3 title.

I'm pretty sure Fire Emblem will be officially announced since they've already said it's coming this year.

Hoping for Smash.

Maybe Bayonetta 3? (probably not though)

Detective Pikachu demo for western audiences.

Perhaps some sort of teaser or something for a new Zelda game? Highly doubt it, but it has been a whole year since BotW came out.

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Excited for okami and undertale!
    The splatoon DLC looks great too!

9. Captain Comet

Captain Comet Fallen Star Baby

Shiny Space
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,549.0
    Basic Gary Oak ★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Jaw Fossil ★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Here's my reactions:

I wanted Detective Pikachu already

SOUTH PARK ON A NINTENDO CONSOLE WTF?!

AND CRASH?!

Undertale is a HUGE get for Nintendo.

BOWSER'S INSIDE STORY REMAKE HOLY SHIT THAT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES EVER!!!

Not good enough to participate in the Arms tournament.

Octopath I was interested in anyway.

IS THAT A NEW FLIPPIN' SMASH GAME HOLY FUCK GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!

And I was VERY surprised that Fire Emblem didn't make an appearance.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So, I'm back from watching the Nintendo Direct!

To be considerate to the people who haven't seen it yet, I'm going to put my opinions on everything inside spoiler tags.

Here you are:

Nintendo 3DS announcements:
    WarioWare Gold - This is basically like the Mario Party Top 100 game, except with WarioWare. Since Mario Party lost a lot from removing the party mode, I don't own Top 100, but WarioWare is entirely minigames so I might go for that!
    Dillon - I forgot this franchise was a thing, but I know people out there like this guy. What in tarnation?
    Bowser's Inside Story Remake - A 3DS game in 2019 that isn't put out by Atlus!? Holy cow! But I'm totally buying this - I loved BIS and I'll love the remake. Let's do this.
    Detective Pikachu - No strong opinions on this one way or the other.
    Luigi's Mansion Remake - Okay, I didn't see that one coming. That should sell pretty well, I would think. I hope it does very well, given how the game is over 15 years old.

Nintendo Switch announcements:
    Kirby Star Allies - I knew about that one, so not much to add here.
    Okami HD Remake - Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss I don't even play this game but Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss
    Sushi Striker - I was wondering when we'd hear about this again.
    Octopath Traveler - Wait, that's its name now? Huh, didn't expect that. This game should do pretty well, and it won't be long before it's out.
    No More Heroes - Don't know much about the series myself, but it looks fun at least.
    Dark Souls - Finally, an amiibo that can PRAISE THE SUN \[T]/
    Mario Tennis Aces - This definitely looks and sounds like a Camelot game - and for being just basically tennis, it's surprisingly in-depth.
    Captain Toad Port - Wait, on Switch AND 3DS? Didn't expect that. And now the Wii U is dead.
    Undertale - As much as I despise this game, it was only a matter of time before the Switch port.
    Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy - ...I'm getting this game and nobody is going to stop me.
    Little Nightmares - Don't know about this, but it looks like a Tim Burton movie.
    South Park - ...ok.
    Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - Release date when? Oh, okay, got it.
    ARMS - Ah, another Global Testpunch. That should be fun.
    Splatoon 2 - Paid DLC and playable Octolings? Ah, they're having a lot of fun with this game. New content looks great.
    The Last Announcement - Wait, why did the screen go dar-oh my god. The Internet just imploded.

Now please excuse me while I try to scrounge some funds together for a Switch.

Captain Comet and Laserdragon14 like this.
  11. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My reactions are as follows.
    WarioWare Gold - Was never a fan of these games, so meh.
    Dillon - Never played his earlier titles but GOD I MISSED HIM!
    Bowser's Inside Story Remake - OMG My favorite Mario & Luigi RPG is coming back! That is AWESOME!
    Detective Pikachu - I already want this game. No big surprises here.
    Luigi's Mansion Remake - Never played the original game, so this is a nice surprise.

Kirby Star Allies - Suddenly getting Return to Dreamland nostalgia here.
    Okami Remake - FINALLY! IT HAS TOUCH SCREEN CAPABILITIES!
    Sushi Striker - Not too excited for this game, honestly.
    Octopath Traveller - As a fan of "Bravely Default/Second", I'm actually thinking of getting this game. It looks really interesting.
    No More Heroes - Was never that interested in the series, but looks fun nonetheless.
    Dark Souls Remake - My brother wants me to play this game so bad. But hey, at least the Amiibo made me laugh.
    Mario Tennis Aces - Not a sports game enthusiast, so I'll pass.
    Captain Toad - Meh.
    Undertale - I already have it on Steam. It's an amazing game, for sure. A Switch release is not surprising (Though seeing Sans & Papyrus up to their shenanigans again was worth the reveal).
    Crash Bandicoot Port - Already have it on the PS4. Now I'm just waiting for the rumored Spyro remasters...
    Little Nightmares - Again, played it on Steam. It's a remarkably spooky game.
    South Park - ...My bro already has it.
    Hyrule Warriors Definitive - Now that it's been completely filled to the brim for updates and DLC and such, perhaps now is a good time to actually pick this game up.
    ARMS - It looks interesting, but... Boxing is not my cup of tea, sadly.
    Splatoon 2 - I should get this game. I REALLY should. Gad dang it brain, make up your mind.
    Final Announcement - ...oooooooOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!

A shame there were no new Pokémon news, but I can wait. It's only a matter of time...

12. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    News from the direct that I cared about:
    • New Smash - Not even surprised this was announced, tbh. There has yet to be a Nintendo console that has gone by without a Smash release, to the best of my knowledge. It only makes sense that the Switch would get a Smash game, too!
    • Okami HD - I will play this game 1000 times over. I actually kinda hope that there's DLC to make Amaterasu look more like Shiranui or something... but at any rate, this is exciting news!!
    • Luigi's Mansion 3DS - Not gonna lie, colour me surprised, here! I thought Nintendo forgot all about this game. It's all the more exciting because Luigi's Mansion is kind of like one of those hidden gems of the GameCube that should've gotten more attention than it did.

13. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Isnt there already a Luigis mansion game for 3ds?

14. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    You're thinking of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon which I believe is essentially the sequel to the original Luigi's Mansion.

#14 Mar 8, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    The above is correct. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (which is Luigi's Mansion 2) is already on the 3DS and was released several years ago.
    The announcement in the Direct was a remaster of the original Luigi's Mansion, which came out on GameCube in 2001 as a launch title.

16. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I was pretty surprised at what was announced.

Detective Pikachu: I had never heard Detective Pikachu's voice until now. A Pikachu with a deep voice sounds extremely hilarious

Luigi's Mansion: I have never played one of these games and I was interested in this and might pick up the game sometime

Hyrule Warriors: Despite already owning the wii u and 3ds versions I will probably get it again on Switch. I Always have fun with this game.

Undertale: was extremely surprised on this. I loved the joke sans did with the Switch. And as with hard mode release date is eventually.

Okami HD: Game looked interesting and might get it.

Splatwo DLC: After the DLC launches you will never see another inkling online. Otherwise the new story looks great and makes me wonder how Pearl and Marina involved.

Smash Bros Switch: Extremely excited for this game. From the trailer it seems that inklings are playable and Link will use his BotW look.

Surprised about the lack of Labo or Switch online

17. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    I've gotta be honest: Pikachu's deep voice in Detective Pikachu is going to take a while for me to get used to. u.u This is mainly why I've been so on the fence about getting the game myself.

... That and I'm not a huge fan of purely puzzle games.