1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo Labo Meets VR!

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    The moment we've all been waiting for: another edition of Nintendo Labo! This time, this kit will feature Virtual Reality, which is a new area for Nintendo.

[​IMG]

What are your thoughts on this new kit? Will you be getting it? Do you expect more VR from Nintendo in the future?

Personally, I'm probably never getting anything from Labo. I don't have anything against it, in fact it seems kind of fun! However, I'm a poor college student who moves every few months, I don't have room to keep all this cardboard. I'm looking forward to what Nintendo does with this, although I'm not sure it will progress far beyond this point, if at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  2. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Two things that don't work combining...what could possibly go wrong?

I recognise that Nintendo Labo isn't aimed at me, but it is far too complicated for its intended target audience, and VR...VR is a painfully under-developed gimmick strongly reminiscent of the 3DS' 3D capabilities. This has all the makings of an absolute disaster...or it would, if it didn't have the Nintendo brand name behind it. That and that alone will be what makes it at least break even in the end, no doubt.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rezna

Rezna Every Day's Great at Your Junes!

Why do eggs break ffree
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Water Stone ★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    Why won't they just give up on the Labo? Just re-introduce the virtual boy but make it able to play switch games without requiring you to take an endless amount of easily breakable cardboard.

Then again, c a r d b o a r d

4. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    I think that this is neat. I won't be getting it myself because money. But I do like the idea of both Labo and VR, and I'm interested to see how this goes over.

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I'm in the same boat as you; being a poor college student makes it difficult for me to justify even having a Switch, let alone Labo. I'm a huge proponent of it, though, because it's a new and interesting way for people to experience VR - and without spending the thousands of dollars on high-end VR setups. We can't all be Jacksepticeye, y'know? ;3

Wizard likes this.
  6. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    This will probably be the only VR headset I’ll ever buy. The idea of playing Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Oddesey in a different way sounds exciting. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to play it with my double vision though.

7. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    I Know The Switch Have Youtube App But Will The App Support VR Like The Version That Can Support VR In VR-Compatible Phones?

8. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I'm skipping anything Labo, I know I'm not the intended target for those but this is made of cardboard instead of something that can actually last.

Rezna likes this.
  9. Bayporeon

Bayporeon School Kid

Hestia
    (Fennekin)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽68.0
    Well crap guess I'm getting LABO