1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo Nintendo Switch Vouchers

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Wizard, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,446.0
    For those of you with Nintendo Switch Online, there is currently a special deal being offered right now! For $100 U.S., you can get two vouchers for two Switch games, potentially saving you up to $20 upon release. This deal ends at the end of July, so make sure you go for it in case you have interest in an upcoming game!

I'll probably be using it to get Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain, but I'm not too certain about the latter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,010.7
    I already purchased a pair right after E3 this year. I used the first one to preorder Sumer Mario Maker 2 and I'm still holding on to the other one. I haven't decided if I want to use it on Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokémon Sword or The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KnightBlader

Mina Ashido
    (Mudkip)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽399.0
    I love the offer and I would probably jump on it but I just can't find two games I like that I can actually use them for unless they add Animal Crossing New Horizons later on.
    And at the point where I would wait like 6 months, I'd rather have the money liquid just in case and pay the 20€ extra for the games later on.
    Hell of a deal if you can find two games you want though!

4. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I’d definitely try this when I have the opportunity. There’s a lot of retail price Switch games I haven’t gotten yet since they rarely go on sale, and this looks like a good option. Sadly, my internet has gotten much slower recently due to moving out to the country.

The games that look most appealing to me on the list are:

Arms
    Splatoon 2
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
    Octopath Traveler
    The Legend or Zelda: Link’s Awakening
    Dragon Quest 11
    Pokémon Sword/Shield
    Astral Chain

#4 Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  5. Sethal

Sethal Vibing to OST

Aurile
    (Alolan Vulpix)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,428.1
    Comet Shard ★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    Won't purchase them, even though I know I can save some good money with it. I rather buy the games in a retail store, than downloading them. Idk why, but that just feels better.

6. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,661.8
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    Oh, that ends in July? I'm not sure about buying any though. I don't know if there are two games I'd want as digital copies… Even though I'm gonna have to find a way to keep all my cartridges in my Switch case without them falling out, as I'm running out of place… Animal Crossing maybe? I'm probably gonna need more room on my SD card though :'D

7. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I don't know what prices are like for online retailers in other parts of the world, but over here at least these vouchers were not a good deal.

I pay between £30 - 45 for games, and with two vouchers costing £84 I'd only be saving £3 per title or so at the absolute most...and honestly, I would pay £3 more for a physical copy if it came down to it, because of the disadvantages of digital purchases (you don't actually own what you're paying for, you can't sell it on, taking up memory card space, etc.) and the fact that the games are always full RRP where there is absolutely no need for them to be as there is no physical retailer that needs a cut of the profits. Full RRP on a digital storefront is corporate greed, plain and simple.

If I only purchased digital titles then I probably would have bought 8 of these, because there is a lot I want coming out this year and all of it is going to be full price on the eShop. But as someone who shops around online and can get 2 new games for less than that...yeah, not for me.