1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nintendo vs. Sega (Mario vs. Sonic)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LunarRabbitPikachu, Jun 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    [​IMG]

In the past, Nintendo and Sega had some rivalries! As a matter of fact, they've even created a game similar to the Olympics: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games! Who's side were you on?

To me, I couldn't really decide at first since back then I only liked Blaze (sega) & Yoshi (Nintendo). I never really care about choosing a side since all I liked to do was play with my favorite characters. :sweat:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I was under the impression that Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games was the start of the sign that Nintendo and SEGA are rather buddy-buddy with each other now. Though, I can't deny that they may still have a sort of friendly rivalry with one another.

To the question itself, it depends on how broad of a scope you are setting. If you are just zeroing in on their mascots, Mario and Sonic, I have always preferred Sonic games to Mario ones, and despite that I follow neither currently (Sonic Colours is my only true foray into the series nowadays), that opinion really has not changed. However, Mario has countless sub-franchises, so when I say I'm not into Mario games, I refer to the Super Mario Bros series. (I absolutely adore the Mario Kart and Mario & Luigi franchises.)

On the whole it's hard to say as I am not as knowledgeable about SEGA games as I am about Nintendo ones, despite the fact that both companies have churned out many great products besides. I suppose I lean more towards the Nintendo end due to the handheld gaming market, as those are the only video game consoles I own. Though, it may also be a publicity issue - while I hear plenty about Nintendo's escapades, I have not seen or heard from SEGA very much at all, aside from the occasional announcement for a new Sonic game.

For the most part, though, I am interested more in franchises that have come from other gaming companies, so there really isn't a clear winner (or loser) in my mental "Nintendo vs SEGA" argument.

3. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    Personally, I tended to choose the "Sonic characters" in those games, and I still find those characters to be more interesting to this day. The few exceptions are Fire Emblem characters and Earthbound characters, both of which never appeared in any of these games.
    Overall, I found these games to be really fun at first, but they only had so much replay value.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.