1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

No Game, No Life

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by eeveeongirl, Aug 2, 2015.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eeveeongirl

eeveeongirl Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.6
    Alright, one of my favorite animes of all time is a 12 episode anime called "No Game, No Life" And it recently got an english dub! So now I'm rewatching the series.

I was hoping to spread the word about this anime since not many people know about it. Its about two introverted undefeated gamer siblings getting taken to a world where everything is decided by games even war and government. Together they try to help the human race of the world regain land and try to defeat the god of the world.

To anyone who has seen it what do you like most about the show? I personally love all the characters and the different races that make up the cast. It also has great comedy and really smart writing. If you like sword art online or log horizon you will probably really like this show. But i would recommend it to anyone who likes anime honestly since it covers quite a few genres.

So please discuss this wonderful show and pray that a second season will be announced soon!

2. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I love the series No Game, No Life. I really loved the storyline and artwork, especially the vibrant colors in the anime. There's a bit too much fan service for my liking, but the different characters and their quirks really makes it worthwhile. Especially Blank and their panic attacks.
    [​IMG]

Personally, my favorite character is the main protagonist, Sora. He's hilarious, and though he may be a *gasp* virgin (I don't know why that's such a big deal), he's still a pretty cool guy. Perverted, but cool. I think it's really interesting just how far the author can take an overpowered genius to the next level. Considering the overall series has been going for 3 years and they have yet to take over the 16 races, it might take a while. Another season of the anime may take a while to come, but you know, it will be even better when it does come.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've only recently watched NGNL, and it's quickly become one of my favourite animes to date. The character design is very good, and the way their portrayed is both comedic and touching.
    My favourite characters are Shiro and Jibril. Shiro is very relatable to me for a specific reason which I don't wish to share, and Jibril is just so odd, kinda like all my real-life friends.
    I watched it Japanese, so I really want to see it in English to compare the voices.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Oooooh, English dub. I want to see what the dub sounds like, just for comparison. NGNL is an awesome anime, and I wouldn't mind rewatching it.

Also, I just checked the English cast... And I have nothing to compare it to cause I've never watched any of those animes in English. Well, I guess I'll be surprised.

5. PlatoXaiver

PlatoXaiver What did he forget? What did he remember?

PokéPoints:
    ₽68.2
    I loved NGNL easily my 3rd favorite anime...and i've watched the Dub, compared to the sub the dub is kinda...no very trash.

Sora sounds weird
    Shiro doesn't sound near 11, like 16
    and Jibril oh god...

6. J.J. Knight

J.J. Knight IMΔGINE|DREΔM|CREΔTE

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I've been waiting for the English Dub. Is it out on Hulu yet?

7. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    That anime sounds good!
    I'm almost done with Hunter x Hunter, so I might try that after I finish that (probably today)

EDIT: I've started watching it, and it's indeed an excellent anime!
    I really like Sora. His deductive skills are impressive! :O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.