1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Nuzlocke entry...

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by ShinigamiMiroku, Aug 20, 2017.

?

What game should I try to do a Nuzlocke on first?

1. Crystal

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Emerald

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. FireRed

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I really want to try my hand at a Nuzlocke after watching Peebs' AlphaSapphire Nuzlocke and FireRed Random!Nuzlocke, but to be honest I'm scared. I tend to rely a lot on Pokémon Centres, and as a completionist I like to catch at least one of every Pokémon on every route in order to fill up the Pokédex (and to have plenty of options).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Crystal! First game I played after I got back into Pokémon. Such a great game.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I know I did Emerald first, and I know the very first person to invent the Nuzlocke challenge started on Ruby, but I vote for FireRed. It seems a lot more appropriate to begin with.

4. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I tried a nuzlocke once...never again lol. I voted for FireRed because you should be pretty familiar with it after having just watched another person's playthrough. Whatever you end up choosing, good luck!

5. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    I chose the three I'm most familiar with. Crystal was the first one I actually owned (birthday gift), while I played and beat Blue first. I actually wrote a walkthrough for Emerald (though it's still missing a bunch of the post-game stuff due to personal reasons), so I've played that one a LOT.

Thanks! I'm kinda nervous...

6. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    You can do it! I actually recently finished my first Nuzlocke, and it was a Random Emerald. I believe in you :D

7. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Thanks. ^_^

The "Random" part of a Random!Nuzlocke really scares me... imagining going out onto route 102 to hunt for a Ralts, only to run into a Rayquaza is just terrifying... x_x;;;

8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    @ShinigamiMiroku It may sound scary, but remember that it'll be the proper level of the area. Imagine seeing a baby Rayquaza at level 2! :O The REAL scary thing about Randomizers is not knowing where to get certain items and Pokémon typing. Will that Wiscash be super effective against your Pokémon or will it be resistant? Will you find that Water Stone to evolve your Staryu?

9. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Yeah, I did some research after I started watching PBG's Randomizer!FR and found out about those things being randomized as well. My first reaction: NOPE. NOT gonna touch that. X_X;;;

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    So, I decided to do it on FireRed (I need to transfer my really good Pokémon to Emerald, though, because I have some nice ones I worked really hard on). I've been thinking, though; I'd like to do a YouTube video chronicling it - for fun - but I don't really know how to go about doing that... ^_^; If I don't, then I want to kind of novelize it. Any suggestions?