1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Oak and the gifts

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by CharlieWeasleyfan, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    At this time in gaming we all expected to be used to what we were doing but now it's come to one thing. Was having to catch a lot of Pokémon necessary? WHy couldn't the EXP Share have been just given so Oak could indeed see more Pokémon so type advantages could level up quicker

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Professor Oak doesn't even know if you are a boy or a girl. Do you think this kind of person would know how to improve their methods while facing an investigation based on a constant evolving species like Pokémon?

I find it as a help at higher levels when you want to start building new teams but meh...everyone finds its purpose, right?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    ClefairyKid likes this.
  3. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    @Xarn fair enough. No offense but Oak lacks the brain hat the other professors have

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I feel like it might be his oddness that makes him the most endearing despite this haha I have to admit I've often thought why is it that Oak does his research like this, why not just get out there yourself instead of sending small children into danger? Spose he is old but where are all the middle aged research assistants??

5. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I can see your point. You have a research about something that is outside and you sacrifice the young guys...
    Maybe its good for the Pokémon's future, but what about humanity? lol

But, I don't think there are middle age assistants...the hope of life at Pokémon for new generations is max 16 years old. That's why Oak keeps sending small children sadly

6. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    That's why I love the war in the past theory about why there is such a lack of fathers and middle aged men around. What other world would send children to do trainer work???

7. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Wow, I am surprised. Never thought about a war...damn...its the most obvious theory. "The Great Pokémon War". That explains why no on has father...

How long have you know about it? O.o Is that the reason why Oak gives gifts to everyone? "You are starting as trainer? Is your father alive? If not, here, have a Pokémon"

8. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    haha well I think it's a long standing theory on the internet, and there's quite some extensive write up about. As it turns out there's quite a few references to a war in the past in the series anyway so it's not just speculation, there actually was one, just not a lot of detail about it. Lt. Surge for example, is one of the few survivors I think.

9. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I have been playing this since I was 7 years and never thought about the possibilities. Also, if you think about it maybe it was a war against the Pokémon since the human always attacks what they do not know...

Technology talks by iself too...Why having an item that Shares the same experience to each member of the team? Maybe because it was created to raise an army faster than normal?

Its a teory, but the Exp.Share gave by Oak maybe wasn't created as a peaceful tool of training. And maybe its gave to the trainers that surpass a requirement to become potential soldiers... Iguess its a little paranoic but meh... I will stay at ignorance for now xD

10. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Honestly i don't see anything complicated in the exp share, it looks quite clearly to me like a feature implemented by devs worried that either younger players or more casual players without enough time to sink in grinding would be lost to the game because it was too much hard work, but its an optional feature so those who are fine without it don't have to use it either.

11. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Yeah for the point of a videogame player, I would agree with that. But I was pointing to the insede story of Pokémon, not the videogame itself.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Honestly, it can be quite frightening to think about why the protagonist is sent on a journey so young. Completely brainwashed to think that being a Pokémon trainer is about having fun and being the best. But what if being a trainer and having all these competition is just to keep the peace and to make more Pokémon that can be used as potential soldiers. The war also explains all the females in professional jobs, like Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy.