1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

OCs (New Gen of Kanto Gym Leaders)

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Airenee, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    OC WANTED
    My fanfiction, Secrets of the Night, is pure OC story. One of the main characters, Neo is about to undergo a Pokémon journey. (Current Team: Gengar, Lampent, Dusknoir, Squirtle).
    He also has a travel companion by the name of Chase (Team: Gardevoir and Gallade).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So anyway, I'm requesting OCs to help me create the gym leaders needed. The gym-typing is the same to keep Kanto's style. Although, I'll be changing the route as well so it will flow more direct. (From Cinnabar and ending in Viridian City). The art will be drawn if I have time or before they become incorporated in the story. I think I'll maybe do a half-body (To be fast) with one main Pokémon.

Spots:
    Cinnabar (Fire) - Sachi-Shimazu
    [​IMG]
    Fuschia (Poison) -
    [​IMG]

Celadon (Grass) - Lupus-Stellam
    [​IMG]
    Saffron (Psychic) - Princess Victoria
    [​IMG]
    Vermillion (Electric) - Fantasma
    Cerulean (Water) - 8-bit Eevee
    Pewter (Rock) - Cira
    Viridian (Ground) - Gengar's Grin
    [​IMG]

APPLICATION
    Name:
    Gym:
    Personality:
    Appearance: (Detailed. so I can draw better. Hair style, color, Eye color, clothes. If you have a character reference that be great)
    Pokémon: 4-6 (I may not use them all, but I'd like to have a margin of battle scenes I can work with) Mega is allowed, one Kanto Pokémon at least. 1st Pokémon will be the one on the cover.
    Battle conditions: (Single, Double, Triple)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    Name: Ryan Terrasson / Virdian City Ground-type Leader

Personality: Detached, aloof, and calculating. Tends to characterize things by whether they're "cool" or not.

Appearance: Brown eyes and slightly long and scruffy black hair that's held back by a camouflage backwards baseball hat; if no hat is worn, his bangs would hang down over his eyebrows. Wears an unzipped brown duster (if Looker can pull this off, so can he), with a red undershirt, blue jeans, and silver and red sneakers. Tends to stand slightly slouched and with his arms crossed. If there's a wall, chances are very good he's leaning on it.

Pokémon: Rhyperior (Ability: Solid Rock / Item: Sitrus Berry / Earthquake, Megahorn, Rock Wrecker, Stone Edge)
    Gliscor (Ability: Poison Heal / Item: Toxic Orb / Substitute, Toxic, Earthquake, Protect)
    Nidoking (Ability: Sheer Force / Item: Life Orb / Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt)
    Gastrodon (Ability: Storm Drain / Item: Leftovers / Surf, Toxic, Recover, Earth Power)
    Krookodile (Ability: Intimidate / Item: Lum Berry / Earthquake, Crunch, Stone Edge, Outrage)

Battle conditions: Single

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Princess Victoria

Zelda
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽231.1
    Name: Elizabeth Alyssa Clyne / Saffron City Psychic-type Leader

Personality: Compassionate, kind and smart. She would prefer to stay quiet for most of the time unless she needs to speak up. A pacifist by nature, she hates war.

Appearance: Blond hair with purple eyes. Her hair goes all the way down to slightly below the waist. Tends to keep it down. She likes wearing a pink colored dress and a white overcoat, which is part of her uniform as a doctor under training in a nearby hospital. She has a pouch that contains a ventolin inhaler for her asthma, which plagued her since young. One thing that challengers always had problems with when battling against her is her telepathic communication with her Pokémon, which makes even challengers with type advantages find her battling style difficult to counter. However, she does place her job as a doctor before that as a gym leader, as shown from the fact that she has a tendency to forfeit a match when there is a call for her to be back at the hospital for her patients.

Pokémon (often seen at the hospital playing with kids - she is training to be a pediatrician):
    Xatu (Ability: Synchronize / Item: Shell Bell / Toxic, Night Shade, Psychic, Fly)
    Metagross (Ability: Clear Body / Item: Mind Plate / Earthquake, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Brick Break)
    Gothitelle (Ability: Frisk / Item: Life Orb / Psychic, Shadow Ball,Grass Knot, Thunderbolt)
    Alakazam (Ability: Magic Guard / Item: Shell Bell / Psychic, Shadow Ball, Dazzling Gleam, Focus Blast)
    Gallade (Ability: Justified / Item: Leftovers / Psycho Cut, Drain Punch, Night Slash, Protect)
    Espeon (Ability: Magic Bounce / Item: Leftovers / Psychic, Grass Knot, Charge Beam, Morning Sun)

Battle conditions: Single

Lunar-Peacle likes this.
  4. Northwind's Call

PokéPoints:
    ₽91.5
    the ship has been jumped comrades

farewell

5. Malc Modnar

Malc Modnar Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    The Dolosa Trio
    Fuschia City (Poison) Gym Leaders
    Triple Battle

The Dolosa Trio, like their predecessors, are students of ninjutsu. However, unlike Fuschia City's previous two gym leaders, they reject the "lone warrior" mentality so common in their craft. Instead, the Dolosa Trio relies on coordination and teamwork to disorient challengers. Though they battle simultaneously, each member of the Trio has a distinct personality and style of combat.

All three members of the Trio wear thick, padded black ninja's robes, accented with a rich purple. Each member has added different decorations to their robes, though all conceal their faces and skin completely.

Iago
    The oldest member of the Dolosa Trio is also its unofficial leader. Iago rarely speaks, preferring to let his younger allies do the talking. On the rare occasions he addresses a challenger, he is obsessively polite, greeting his opponents with a modest bow and treating them with the utmost courtesy. In battle, he is reserved but cunning, letting his allies weaken an opponent before swooping in with a series of devastating strikes.

Iago's robes are incredibly neat and tidy, and topped with a face-concealing hood and mask. Aside from two purple cords running from one shoulder to his waste, his robes are completely unadorned. He carries a long, curved knife in a black sheath on his hip.
    • Dragalge (Ability: Adaptability / Rest, Sleep Talk, Twister, Venoshock)
    • Seviper (Ability: Infiltrator / Poison Fang, Coil, Wring Out, Haze)

Ode
    Youngest of the Dolosa Trio, Ode has a flair for the dramatic. He is fond of flashy, surprising entrances, appearing before opponents with a flourishing bow. In battle, he focuses on supporting his teammates while weakening his enemies, though his passion for intricate showmanship often distracts him from victory.

Ode's robes are adorned with purple floral embroidery, and he wears a grinning theater mask. He also wears a long, embroidered cape, with a solid purple interior. He wears several throwing knives in a purple sash at his waist.
    • Roserade (Ability: Poison Point / Grassy Terrain, Attract, Grass Whistle, Venoshock)
    • Nidoqueen (Ability: Poison Point / Helping Hand, Toxic Spikes, Sludge Wave, Toxic)
    Marr
    Marr favors a direct approach in all things. He speaks loudly, acts boldly, and is generally the least patient and most aggressive of the Dolosa Trio. While not senselessly violent, Marr is very impatient and quickly grows frustrated when he doesn't get his way. In battle, he relies on sheer, brute strength to overwhelm opponents through unrelenting attacks.

Marr's robes are covered in heavy, samurai-like purple armor, and he wears a matching helmet to conceal his face. He carries a long katana, and although he wears its black sheath along his back, he is fond of drawing it during a battle, and accents his commands with a slash of the blade.

• Scolipede (Ability: Speed Boost / Megahorn, Poison Jab, Protect, Infestation)
    • Muk (Ability: Stench / Poison Gas, Gunk Shot, Giga Impact, Protect)
    You asks for OCs, you gets OCs...

Pictures of the original Fuchsia City gym leaders, for reference: Koga, Janine.

6. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Name: "Hector"
    Gym: Vermillion City Electric type gym
    Personality: Cold, Calculating, smart and conceited he tend to express the situations by statistical chances

Appearance: Lite Brown eyes with short brown hair he is tall and wear a pair of glasses, he wears a black pair of pants
    a white shirt with a black tie with a lighting draw in the middle and an pair of black shoes he also have a custom PDA that he build to calculate the power of the enemy Pokémon and predict the odds of their attack to beat one of his pokemons.
    He is an electronic enthusiast programmer and inventor.He have an unknown past and there are many stories about how he end up in the Kanto region.

Pokemons:
    Electrode (Ability: Aftermath, Item:Magnet, Attacks:Charge/Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch)
    Magneton (Ability:Analytic, Item:Eviolite, Attacks:Magnet Rise/Flash Cannon/Thunderbolt/Volt Switch)
    Rotom(the electric/ghost one) (Ability: Levitate, Item:Leftovers, Attacks:Will o' wisp/Confuse Ray/Hex/Volt Switch)
    Electivire (Ability: Motor Drive, Item:Life Orb, Attacks:Wild Charge/Ice Punch/Earthquake/Volt Switch)
    Eelektross (Ability:Levitate, Item:Leftovers, Attacks:Flamethrower/Toxic/Giga Drain/Volt Switch)

Battle condition: Singles

7. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    Name: Sirik Kieani
    Gym: Pewter City, Rock type, seventh gym.
    Personality: Strange, silent, positive person.

He will use "messed up logic" sometimes, which means he will say the possibilities of something, for example;

"Magikarp is a fire type!" A trainer says.

"So he's a Delta species?" Sirik says.

"No! He's the original kind!" The trainer says again.

"Actually, according to the Pokédex, all Professors, and pretty much the entire populous of all the regions, Magikarp is a water type," Sirik says.

"He's still a fire type!" The trainer says.

"..." Sirik stays silent and mentally facepalms.

That may not have been messed up logic, but that's how he deals with stupidity like that. Honestly, this is turning into a male incarnation of me XD

He stays silent while concentrating on things, which means during battle, he will not say what Pokémon he is sending out and he will only mention the move he wants them to use. He will not shout moves like "Moonblast!", he will just say something simple like "Moonblast." with a smirk-like smile. When a battle ends though, he is compassionate towards his Pokémon either way. Losing a battle, he would say something like "You did a good job, <insert Pokémon here>, return.", and for winning, he'd say something like "Nice job, <insert Pokémon here>!", both involving getting close and either putting them in the Pokéball or giving them a pet.
    Okay, maybe I should stop taking my attributes and dumping them on this character.

He may rarely, while speaking, make a mistake like this in his sentences, "Well, there's this stuff and that stuff and THAT stuff and thabajabahabajabahaabaajabahabhaba words."

I have no idea if any of this personality relies on my autism, sooo... just roll with it. Also, yes, this is pretty much me as a male.

He will also replace some responses with these words; "Ye," for yes, "Iunno," for I don't know, and "Ermagerd!" for oh my god (yes, I added ermagerd.)

And, hopefully last thing, if he is trying to get something out of his head, he will start randomly saying "Eck!" over and over again, for example; "Eck! Eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck eck!"

Nope. One last thing.

He will randomly say "heep" when he is bored.

OH THERE IS MORE THAT I JUST THOUGHT UP :D

He will not lean on walls.

During a battle, he will stand normally and stay quiet for most of the battle.

He can get... hyper.

He's really into fairy tales and ancient lore, and believes in the things one would normally not.

I'll list more if I think about it... and yeah. You're pretty much looking at me here XD

Appearance: (I hope this is enough for you to make your own drawing)
    [​IMG]
    Oh, and he has brown eyes. It's not really visible, but it's true.

Pokémon:
    [3D='carbink'] (Name: Crystal (Carbink) / Ability: Clear Body / Item: Soothe Bell / Power Gem, Moonblast, Psychic, Ancient Power.)
    [3D='omastar'] (Name: Omastar / Ability: Shell Armor / Item: Enigma Berry / Ancient Power, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Earth Power.)
    [3D='aurorus'] (Name: Aurorus / Ability: Refrigerate / Item: Air Balloon / Ancient Power, Thunder Wave, Return, Avalanche.)
    [3D='onix'] (Name: Onix / Ability: Rock Head / Item: Assault Vest / Double Edge, Earthquake, Gyro Ball, Heavy Slam.)
    [3D='tirtouga'] (Name: Tirtouga / Ability: Solid Rock / Item: Eviolite / Earth Power, Ancient Power, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump.)
    Battle conditions: Single Battle

I now want Crystal (Carbink) to "evolve" into Diancie. Reason? It's possible, and Crystal is his signature Pokémon!

Revised my team due to confusion. Also, Solid Rock + Eviolite OP (not really, I actually tested this, but oh well. I can't do much else XD).

Oh, and since you're drawing the gym leaders, make sure to draw Crystal (Carbink) with a Soothe Bell around her (preference) neck... beard... fluffy thing. I may try and draw Crystal myself right now. I have drawn Crystal, and I shall put the image here. Please note this was a trace, color and shade of the Dream World Carbink. I can't draw Pokémon XD

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He will move his feet to a tune in his head if he is bored. Example:
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AZNsaKzgaY[/media]

Anything you can do, I can do better~

Also, he would be the youngest gym leader out of this whole generation. I don't know how old each of your gym leaders are, but he's at least one year younger from the second youngest... probably.

Princess Victoria likes this.
  8. Lunar-Peacle

Lunar-Peacle Of Moonlight and a Thousand Eyes

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,317.2
    Name: Daphne Willows / Celadon City Grass Gym Leader

Personality : She is a motherly/sisterly figure to the younger Gym Leaders. She is empathetic, devoted to her duty and is somewhat assertive. Though her assertiveness may lead to her being stubborn. She has a good grasp of knowledge and interest in herbs, hence she works part time in a herb shop she set up, selling herbs to trainers and Pokémon. Her speaking manner is rather old fashioned.

Appearance: Her dark brown hair is in a low messy bun. Her eyes are emerald green. She wears a loose long sleeved dark green blouse and a pale green ankle length skirt. She also wears a pair of short brown boots, as well as white gloves from handling herbs.

Pokémon:
    -Tangela [Vinn, F] (Grass): Ability: Chlorophyll / Mega Drain, Sleep Powder, Vine Whip, Toxic (seen playing jump rope with children using its vines off working hours)
    -Breloom [Oliver, M] (Grass/Fighting): Ability: Effect Spore/ Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Mach Punch, Headbutt
    -Tropius [Palme, F] (Grass/Flying): Ability: Chlorophyll / Aerial Ace, Magical Leaf, Synthesis, Body slam
    - Nuzleaf [Nightshade, M] (Grass/Dark): Ability: Early Bird/ -Razor leaf -swagger - faint attack -nature power

Battle Condition: Singles

(Pfft, I think she's going to be a pushover.)

Princess Victoria likes this.
  9. 8-Bit-Eevee

8-Bit-Eevee Crow of the Tempest

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Name: Ross Kreistallos

Personality: He's known for being sprightly and cheerful, having an almost supernatural ability to cheer others up just by being there. Despite, this, though, he tends to be a pessimistic person, assuming that things will go wrong. Even though he's fairly young, he has lots of patience and advice to give to aspiring trainers. Before assuming the position of gym leader, he would spend hours upon hours fishing or riding ships just for the fun of it, and even as a gym leader, occasionally sneaks out to do these things. Unfortunately, his enjoyment is hindered by light seasickness.

Appearance: Short, neat black hair which hangs downwards but does not cover his face or eyes, which are blue in color. He wears a navy blue sailor's jacket which usually remains unbuttoned, revealing a plain blue undershirt. Around his neck he wears a steel pendant. (The symbol of Aquarius, â™’, on a chain) He wears blue jeans (surprise, surprise) and black hiking boots.

Pokémon: (The Pokémon with an asterisk* next to it is his signature Pokémon, meaning it should be the one drawn with him in the picture)

[​IMG] Water (Go figure, a Politoed lead for a water monotype team) (Name: Politoed / Ability: Drizzle / Item: Leftovers / Moves: Scald, Protect, Perish Song, Toxic)

*[​IMG]Water (Name: Vaporeon / Ability: Hydration / Item: Leftovers / Moves: Rest, Scald, Heal Bell, Toxic)

[​IMG] Water/Psychic (Name: Starmie / Ability: Natural Cure / Item: Life Orb / Moves: Surf, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Psychic)

[​IMG]Water/Poison (Name: Tentacruel / Ability: Rain Dish / Item: Black Sludge / Moves: Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, Scald, Acid Spray)

Battle Conditions: Singles

(It took me a while to decide whether or not to put Swampert in there... Not a very good team don't hate me it's literally my first one and I only wanted four Pokémon)

10. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Name: Naomi Shika (Why not, she's my main rp character)

Personality: Naomi is a fierce fighter who does not give up. Like the Pokémon she raises, she likes to burn through her competition, overpowering them with strength rather than stall a match to victory. However, she cares deeply for her Pokémon as well, she would hate seeing her Pokémon gravely injured, hating trainers who only care about getting the perfect Pokémon over raising the Pokémon as friends.

Appearance: Naomi is slightly smaller than average, although it is not extremely noticeable. She wears a red shirt that has orange flames near her waist (like Edolas Natsu Dragneel). She has a grey coloured skirt that cuts of at her knees which has a red dragon insignia near her left knee. She wears her dark black hair in pigtails (I'm imagining it like Isara's hair colour from Valkyra Chronicles). She also wears gloves, for no other reason than she likes them.

Pokémon (main team):
    (main) Infernape (Nickname: Natsu) / Ability: Iron Fist / Item: Expert Belt / Moves: Fake Out, Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
    (first in party) Camerupt (Nickname: Gara) / Ability: Solid Rock / Item: Maranga Berry / Moves: Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Earth Power
    Arcanine (Nickname: Angus) / Ability: Intimidate / Item: King's Rock / Moves: Flare Blitz, Extremespeed, Crunch, Wild Charge
    Chandelure (Nickname: Sakura) / Ability: Infiltrator / Item: Air Balloon / Moves: Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Taunt
    Delphox (Nickname: Kiki) / Ability: Blaze / Item: Wise Glasses / Moves: Mystical Fire, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Grass Knot

Pokémon (first gym badge team):
    Numel (Nickname: Mini Gara) / Ability: Solid Rock / Item Maranga Berry / Moves: Suny Day, Solarbeam, Flamethrower, Earth Power
    Braxien (Nickname: Ricken) / Ability: Blaze / Item Wise Glasses / Moves Shadow Ball, Mystical Fire, Psybeam, Grass Knot
    Monferno (Nickname: Lisanna) / Ability: Iron Fist / Item: King's Rock / Moves: Thunder punch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Mach Punch
    Growlithe (Nickname: Growlie) / Ability: Flash Fire / Item: King's Rock / Moves: Reversal, Outrage, Flare Blitz, Crunch

Battle Conditions: Single

If okay, I'm going to put in her general battle strategy.
    She will generally start out with Gara, setting up Sunlight to nullify any water types. Then her next strategy will depend on her opponent. If the opponent is a Ground type or a known Ground user, she will switch into Sakura. If the opponent is using a water type she will keep Gara in and Solarbeam, switching into Angus and Wild Charge if Gara faints. If the opponent is a rock type she will switch into Natsu. Psychic types will make he switch to Kiki. Otherwise she will try to predict her opponent's next move, always switching to Sakura if she expects a stall.
    Not sure how much this will be relevant but here it is anyway.

Lunar-Peacle likes this.
  11. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    5/10 OCS done. And the 1st battle is going smoothly so far.... xD

12. Princess Victoria

Zelda
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽231.1
    Sis, I'm waiting... *pouts*

@[member="Cira"] You took Abigail... *sniff*

13. VeryButter

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    @[member="Princess Victoria"] What? What's Abigail?

14. Princess Victoria

Zelda
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽231.1
    @[member="Cira"] *brings out her Espeon plushie* Abigail is my Espeon plushie... You took Abigail...

15. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Sorry about that Lacus. Big sis has been busy.
    I planned to place it in during your Birthday~ no worries. I have not forgotten

16. VeryButter

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    @[member="Princess Victoria"] Then meow :3

17. Princess Victoria

Zelda
    (Ralts)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽231.1
    Thank you Sis ^^

Awww... Cute!! ^_^

18. Airenee

Airenee Psychic

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

19. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Au revoir Dolosa trio, you will be missed as gym leaders.

Oh, they returned. Yay ^-^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.