1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anime/Manga Old school anime you still love.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeydis, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Jeydis

Jeydis J̷̉͐O̵̔̏Ǐ̶͝N̵̒̍ ̷͚̇Ǘ̸̂S̴͘

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    So does anyone here have that one anime/manga they just love re-watching even though it might be considered old? I adore re-watching the Trigun series especially since I grew up with renting the DVDs over and over again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Mango likes this.
  2. Darkmaster006

Darkmaster006 PKMN Breeder

Airi
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 48
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,894.9
    I'm always up for watching Yu-Gi-Oh! tbh, the first series and GX. It's just super fun!!
    Never watched Trigun... probably should get to it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enbuoh

SS Egg #1 Delta Plus
    (Deoxys Egg)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.4
    Oran Berry ★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★
    Clannad After Story. Although most of the time I rewatch it to hear Nakamura Yuuichi's most emotionally poignant acting.

4. Mango

Mango Hiker

Chimchar
    (Chimchar)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.8
    Saint Seiya
    I don't know how old you mean but I loved watching Captain Tsubasa as a kid. Hajime no Ippo is also great.

5. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    As old as people are I guess. Just nostalgic anime that you love rewatching.

Mango likes this.
  6. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I still love watching Digimon. If anything, I love it even more now than I did when I was a little kid. I also still enjoy watching Case Closed/Detective Conan (although I'm not sure if I would call it an old school anime, because sure it aired about twenty five years ago, but it's still going today, so it's also technically a current thing...huh).

7. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    @Gazi
    Man I have not seen Detective Conan in ages, didn't know it was still going today. great choice :thumbsup:

8. Minty Electric

SS Egg 1
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽32.0
    Call me elitist, but most of the anime I love is old school. As in, can never really get too deep into new stuff, but give me some Sailor Moon, and we're good. God, I love 90s Moon. It's half pure cheese and half a vaporwave album cover. It's great.

Also on my list? Cowboy Bebop because every single episode in it is just amazing, Trigun because I love me some steampunk Western, and first season Pokémon because it's all pure crack.

Jeydis and Darkmaster006 like this.
  9. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,111.9
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    It’s not that old, but Kirby Right Back At Ya. Sure, the animation is different for an anime, and sure it’s very outdated, but it’s adorable and I love King Dedede’s voice. And the theme song is so catchy. (It’s stuck in my head right now lol)

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Not sure if this counts as old anime, but the only anime that I consider re-watching is Code Geass. I almost never re-watch anime, but Code Geass is one of the best in my books and its the only anime I find myself loving every re-watch.

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Kamisama hajimemashita! It's just amazing! Actually, I'm gonna watch it again rn.

12. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    Inuyasha, Yu-Gi-Oh! (original/GX/5Ds), Pokémon (OG-DP), FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, Ouran Highschool Host Club, Lucky Star, PSG (doing abbreviation as this is a adult anime)

13. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I've been having dreams about Inuyasha for a few nights now. I'm considering rewatching it (and maybe actually finishing it for once) but I just started Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and I prefer to binge instead of watching a bunch of shows at once. I used to be obsessed with the older Gundam and Zoids series and still think about them a lot, but I've never really thought of going back to watch them. A while back I watched both the original version of Hunter X Hunter and the reboot. I had never seen it before and I wanted to compare the two after I finished the reboot, so I went back to watch the original. I like the original so much more. It feels like a lot got cut out in the newer version and there were some characterizations that suffered a bit for it.

14. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,240.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    I haven’t watched anime long enough to be nostalgic for any particular series, but there’s plenty of manga I read as a kid that I love returning to.

The first three volumes of Pokémon Adventures. It gives so much life to the Generation 1 games, and I always love returning to it. Fun fact: this was my first manga! I picked it up when I was 8 and it took three weeks for me to get used to the different panel order.

The Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures: I used to reread both volumes constantly. Even though it’s not that great of an adaption, I have a lot of fond memories reading them.

15. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Does Pokémon count?

Though I really like Kirby Right Back at Yea! Sure, there are episodes I don't really like (Like the environmental episodes) and most of the animation hasn't aged all that well, but I can still watch it and get a few chuckles out of it from time to time.

16. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,914.1
    A really old-school anime that I love is Robotech, which my dad introduced me to ask a kid. I love the show in on its own merits, but knowing the history behind it just makes it even cooler to me. Mostly the fact that it's actually three unrelated and me series that were reworked into a continuous narrative for the dub due to American broadcasting regulations making it so that the three shows were all considered too short to air on their own.

17. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    Blowing the dust off this topic to talk about my newly discovered love for Ranma 1/2. Been binging this decently long series lately after looking around for something lighter to enjoy at the end of my nights. This series is both funny and has some great action and some nice sentimental moments. Suffers a bit of the status quo resets but its still excellent.

18. Katanaeyegaming

Katanaeyegaming #FEARTHEWYVERN

Darklit
    (Liepard)
    Level 44
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,810.3
    Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★
    A lot of gems from the 80s and 90s especially it's kinda nice TBH looking back on them.

Jeydis likes this.
  19. Jeydis

Boomer
    (Noibat)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5,279.6
    For sure! I can't be thankful enough for my old video store stocking a really random selection of anime tapes and dvds when I was a kid. Found gems like Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin and Cowboy bebop that way. I also found bizarre trauma in strange movies that really should not have been out in the kids section (I am looking at you Apocalypse Zero...)

20. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Saint Seiya is the biggest one, but I also enjoy Dragon Ball.

Jeydis likes this.