1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Oldest game you still own

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Sheep, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    What's the oldest video game you still have a physical copy of? Does it still work? When was the last time you played it?

For me it'd be one of the original Pokémon games. Bought them in the late 1990s and still have copies of each sitting around in a box in my drawer. Whether they still work or not is another story though hah. But I did try one of my other older games (Crystal) on the GBA SP earlier last year, and it worked very well! Now I just need a new, working SP because brother didn't take care of my original very well ; ;/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,927.3
    I still have a bunch of old Super Nintendo and Game Boy games lying around somewhere. It looks like the oldest of them is Super Mario Land, one of the launch titles for the Game Boy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Probably a SNES game I have... the console still works too, but the adapter plug in has to be at a certain angle for it to work lol.

Super Mario World was apparently released in 1991, so that's probably my oldest... It came out before I was even born.

4. Junkrat

Junkrat Demolitions Expert

Articuno Egg
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽571.7
    Park Ball ★★★
    From what my brother left, it'd probably be Jet Set Radio Future, Blinx, or Time Splitters 2. For me personally, probably my Platinum game.

5. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    I should have some old games for PC somewhere... But I don’t know where. So since I don’t know if I actually still have them, I’d probably have to give it to my copy of Pokémon sapphire for the GBA. Either that or one of my PS2 games, but I don’t think any of those released before sapphire.

6. awney

awney i'm lame

Hoopa Egg
    (Hoopa Egg)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽179.0
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I have a handful of SNES games like the lion king and loz.

7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Oldest game I own is for GBA - I used to have Link's Awakening DX, but not anymore.
    So I suppose my oldest game would be Golden Sun, which came out in...2001? I never owned any gaming systems that weren't handhelds, so any talk of SNES and the like would be irrelevant to me.

8. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    I still have my Gameboy games! Well, most of them. I still have my original Super Mario Land and Tetris cartridges, anyway. Link's Awakening, Pokémon Blue and Yellow (my Red disappeared a long time ago...sad, because it was the first one I owned) too. I think I have a SNES Mario game somewhere, but I bought that a few years ago with a SNES and Super Metroid (which I later sold for a small fortune) so it doesn't really count. xD

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I think that it might be my Tetris game for the GB.

10. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Oldest by release date? Final Fantasy VIII. By purchase date? Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

11. nduns

nduns Banned

Legendary Egg
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽296.5
    Crown of ValorStaff of Verity
    Well, with my GBC/PS1/N64 collection all gone, I guess the oldest game I own would have to be Super Mario Advance.

12. Critical Sass

Critical Sass Slippery when wet

eg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽319.0
    Probably Pokémon Yellow, I still have a copy in my room somewhere.

13. guest

PokéPoints:
    ₽723.0
    The oldest I have in terms of when I received/bought it would either be Spyro: Attack of the Rynocs or Pokémon Emerald. As for oldest by release date it would be Final Fantasy I!
    I have vague recollections of old PS1 and PC games that I played long before Spyro or Pokémon but I don't own them anymore unfortunately... :(

14. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    The oldest I have onhand is either Pokémon Silver or a stack of PS1 games (with no PS on which to play them). I might - might - still have my Donkey Kong Gameboy game (the one published 1994, which I affectonately call DK 94, similar to DK 64), even though I was too little to play it when it actually came out. I still play that game on emulator sometimes, though I don't have my Gameboy Pocket any more to play it the right way.

15. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 for the Playstation 3 in my wardrobe. Don't know why, since I don't have a PS3 anymore, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it.

16. warriorseadra

warriorseadra PKMN Breeder

Mythical Egg
    (Mew Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽168.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I still have Dune. It’s really old. All the data is stored on floppy disks.

17. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    Oldest game is Mario party 6. It still works great and it's one of the most cherished games I have since it was my older brother's when he was a teen (that's saying something since he's over 10 years older than me)

18. TheChaosK

(Celebi Egg)
    Level 4
    PokéPoints:
    ₽18.4
    the very first final fantasy game on the NES...im proud to have it. still one of my fav FF games in the franchise and if i could id go back and play it. i know they remade it on GBA but nothing like the classic glitches and graphics of a time before my birth XD

19. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    For some reason, I still have my copy of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Silver.

... I also kinda wish I kept my PS2 games but knowing I would never touch them again, I sold them like...years ago. ._.

20. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    Mystreet on the PS2. Yep, an obscure game I know. I've had it ever since I got my PS2 and when that game was actually one of the games that introduced me to video games.