1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

On games with adjustable difficulty, which difficulty do you usually go for?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by colours, Jun 30, 2018.

1. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    Let's say you're starting to play a game that has adjustable difficutly (Easy/Normal/Hard). Do you usually go for the easiest mode, the normal mode, or the harder difficulties?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AHumanCalledRyan

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.4
    Hard

3. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I usually just go for normal. With normal I can enjoy the game because it's not too hard but it's still a bit of a challenge, y'know? I don't like getting stressed over games.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    where is the Insane Difficulty?
    because i like games when its INSANELY hard

5. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Normal. Ūsually middle is best~ (espeçially if there is tsunami xaxaxa)

6. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    It really depends on the game, Fire Emblem I usually go for either hard or normal depending on how good I feel, but other games I go for normal by default

7. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I usually play on normal to start off, then if it's a game I really like and I keep going back to it, I'll play on hard later on.

8. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    If I've never played a game before, than usually Easy or possibly Normal. If I've played earlier games in the series or I'm otherwise a bit more confident, then probably Normal or possibly Hard. If I'm replaying a game, then Hard or above.

9. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I usually start out with the hardest difficulty. If it turns out to be too difficult, I'll go with a lower difficulty.

10. FNT

FNT Collector

Storm The Fort
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽116.2
    Ultra Ball ★★
    I usually go for the hardest mode. Im always looking for a challenge

11. colours

colours » seedFLARE

Larvitar
    (Larvitar)
    Level 78
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,982.2
    Friend Ball ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Leaf Stone ★★★Grassium Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★
    I feel odd in the sense that I'm always looking for the more harder difficulties, even if it's a game that I've never really played before. If I play it on Easy mode, then I feel like I'm really missing out on certain things that I could be experiencing if I were to play on a harder difficulty instead. x.x

12. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Crank it to the max yo :U That's where the big unlockable rewards and achievements come from. Or I'll die continuously trying XD

13. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I actually begin on easy and then just work my way up through the difficulties. I don't know why I do it, because in these games I normally don't need the practice and should be able to handle starting on medium at the very least.

14. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Usually go for standard, because that was the original intention of the developers for players to experience it. If there's an NG+ option, I'll definitely crank up the difficulty for that, though.

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    I usually just start with normal difficulty if it's my first time playing through it. If I like it enough to replay it, then that's when I'll crank it up to harder difficulties.

16. Tepig

Tepig The Talking Tepig

Fire Nation
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 29
    PokéPoints:
    ₽595.9
    Assault Vest ★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★
    I normally go normal difficulty, or if I'm replaying it, I'll increase the difficulty every time I replay it. I only ever use any easy modes when I'm letting my siblings play.

17. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    I usually go for the normal/standard difficulty for the first playthrough so I could get used to its mechanics and not frustrate myself too much while playing. I will crank up the difficulty to hard when I'm ready for a new start.

18. RWBY Gaster

Root Seed
    (Root Seed)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽489.0
    King's Rock ★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★Thunder Stone ★★★
    I will start off easy then work my way up.
    If I finished easy then I move to normal. Then hard. Then export(If this difficulty is given)

19. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    easy or normal :3 I'm not great at games and play to enjoy the story more than anything, so I'd prefer not having an immensely difficult challenge where I'll be suffering on the same boss for days (which has happened). If Pokémon ever allowed the option upon start of the game I'll for sure go hard though, but that's the only game.

20. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I usually go easy at first just to test the waters, sometimes depending on the game I'll go normal and then increase difficulty once I've beaten the game