1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

On the shelf...

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    [​IMG]

Sinnoh is missing. The only games not represented in the Direct. Thoughts?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    sinnoh confirmed

jkjk Maybe at E3 we'll get something about them?

3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    It's either they're hinting at Sinnoh remakes after Black and White 2 Ultra Sun or Moon or they're rubbing salt in the wound.

None of those options are cool by the way ;w;

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I can hope! I really want to see the return of Sinnoh in a new really cool style of game

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think that this is a hinting before the USM reveal that DP remakes will be 'missing' from the Direct. Ehh? Ehhhhhhh? I know that was bad.

But maybe it also means that it'll be the next set of games revealed! It would fill in the gap, meaning that everything would be modernized as best as possible, and that soon after, they can have Gen 8!

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    If that is truly a hint, someone needs a good punch. Like seriously. Just announce it, don't make us hype for it if it is not coming T.T

7. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    I'd say it was either an oversight (unlikely) or a way of making us speculate. It helps bring fans together and allows them to test the general interest for D/P remakes before they get to heavily involved in the project. But then again, what do I know?

8. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I think it hints at the development of DP remakes. I really don't believe Game Freak would be as stupid as to forget to put them on the shelf.
    they better remake DP too, I've been looking forward to these games for ages now >_>

9. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Better not be DP on the Switch It be cool if you could visit Sinnoh in USUM, but its unlikely

10. 「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」

「✧Aɴɪᴍᴀ✧」 Dᴇᴀᴛʜ's Dɪᴘʟᴏᴍᴀᴛ

HeartGold
    (Ho-Oh Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heart Scale ★★
    Sinnoh remakes! I didn't catch this, I'm gonna show this to my brother his favorite gen is Sinnoh! Hope that's the case.

11. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    DP isn't the only thing missing Black and White 2 are missing

12. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    It might have been based off of popularity? It's hard to tell at this point to be perfectly honest. Either way it wasn't a smart move in terms of the fans.

13. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    Honestly, I'm thinking that Game Freak is pushing out Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon right now because they want to save the Diamond and Pearl remakes for the Gen 8.

If you think about it, pushing out the D&P remakes right now would put a whopping 6 games in one generation, which is more that Game Freak has ever done. Plus, if or when they release Gen 8, what else would they add to it besides the sequels to the new games? It would be like Gen 5, but at the same time, that would be setting a trend for all future generations to come since they would be out of remake ideas. Of course, they could always remake Red and Blue for a third time, but I highly doubt that.

All and all, I do see them happening in the future. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

14. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    FireRed, LeafGreen, Black2 and White2 are all missing. It seems unlikely that the lack of Sinnoh games points towards remakes. Unless we're getting remakes of D/P/Pt, FR/LG and B2/W2; which seems highly unlikely.

15. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I really, really want this to mean that we're getting Sinnoh remakes but it probably just means that Game Freak is trying to make us speculate.

16. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I am just thinking that the shelving space they had was too small.

17. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    It would be so weird to get Sinnoh remakes. I know they're next in line, but it really doesn't feel like gen IV was all that long ago.

18. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,997.3
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Is actually almost 11 years ago since DP was released (September 28, 2006), since we've hit the 10 year mark for them they're in the remake zone, we just won't get them this year because of USM.

19. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I honestly don't think that removing Diamond and Pearl from the shelves was intended for speculation. Neither do I think they were forgotten. I mean, not all Pokémon are put on the shelves! I think the games would be just for a back drop. A Sinnoh remake should be coming anyway, or so my intuition tells me. However, to have a remake now would mean that only three years passed in between remakes (Hoenn remakes in 2014?) whereas four or five years passed between the other remakes. And since 2015 didn't get a main Pokémon game, Sinnoh remakes, as I expect, will be announced next year!

Kecleon likes this.
  20. Kecleon

Kecleon Mod Crew

Ace Wings
    (Staravia)
    Level 53
    PokéPoints:
    ₽993.1
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    My opinion of this matter is that, quite simply, the shelf was too small. As stated above, Not only is D/P missing, but so is FR/LG and B2/W2. My intuition states that the reason it wasn't on the shelf is both due to this shelving space issue, and the fact that Gen IV just so happened to have the worst timing of any of these generations. Notice on the left are the Gen I-III games, and on the right are the Gen V-VII games. They had to make things even, and if they put the Gen IV games in the middle, then it might make them seem much more important than they actually were. (Plus, it would trigger even more excited rumors of a Gen IV remake than the lack of the games.)

However, despite losing out on Diamond and Pearl, they compensated for the lack of them with HG/SS over on the left. It might not be the Sinnoh region, but not only can they fit those two over with the original Gold and Silver, but it allows for, at least, some exposure for Gen IV, since those two are obviously from that generation and, for some people, are arguably even better than D/P/Pl. (That's not my opinion, but still...)