1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by RainbowDashie, Jul 7, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RainbowDashie

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Why isn't this show talked about more often?

This is one go those shows where, while it's pretty darn amazing, I rarely see people talk about it. Which is a shame, since it had a great idea behind it. Fairy tale characters get sent to the real world by the Evil Queen. I'd love to know who came up with this idea, cause it's pretty freaking genius.

So, if there are any Once Upon A Time fans besides me here, or anyone who's watched the show, this is where we can talks about it. Post your opinions. Talk about something or someone that you liked. Something that blew your mind. Just make sure if your gonna say that, give is a warning for spoilers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    Yea, I really like it. I've been following since season one.

I really like how they take all sorts of liberties with different fairy tales, like
    Peter Pan being Rumpelstiltskin's father, or Rumpelstiltskin being the beast of beauty and the beast.
    If there is one thing that I want to happen, Captain Hook and Emma Swan should get together. And they never actually do what you expect, kind of like GoT (I don't like Game of Thrones)
    Neil and Graham's deaths were so unexpected and devastating

Also, the Season 4 cliffhanger is quite interesting. Although I really don't like the convenient character that Emma and Hook accidentally brought back. Convenient character is convenient, too convenient.

I don't like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    I still have to finish season 3, but I enjoyed the show a lot. I have always been a fan of fairytales and I think they put them all together in a wonderful way. Though I have seen a spoiler for a specific character that will arrive in the next season and it make me tempted to drop the serie in total.
    Saw that they would put Elsa into the show, god forbid that they will do it the Disney way, it would be another insult to the original story

4. Sachi-Shimazu

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.8
    They are going to base her off of the Disney movie from what I've read. I am interested to see if they do anything with Her and Rapunzel though cause of the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider cameo in Frozen. I'll just be dissapointed if they don't say the phrase Winter is Coming at least once, cause their promos have all said "_____ is coming"

5. ThaIssing

ThaIssing Blah Blah Blah Tidal Wave!

PokéPoints:
    ₽40.0
    (first notice the new reply here now) urgh, they are really gonna base her on the disney movie? what a huge shame and it's more or less enough reason for me to rage quit the show if it's true. ): Elza's story is really pale compared to her fairytale counter part. I won't mind they base her look on the disney version though, but dang how much plot they could make out of the fairytale.

6. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Once Upon A Time is a really interesting show. I'm beginning to watch the show right now, and I really love how chaotic the story is and how all the characters relate to each other on way or another. It makes the classic fairytales come to life in such a magical way that kind of relates to everyday life, which I think is pretty darn cool.

7. Minthia

Minthia Ruin Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    This is a show I know I enjoy I always like to see what companies will do with fairy tales when they're given creative freedom over them and Once Upon a Time does a great job with that especially where they have to have story in the past and present and connect everything together so it makes sense together.

8. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I really enjoyed this show...up until this season. Adding Frozen is ruining it for me. It's overhyped, I'm sorry. I'm sick of it.

9. Serena

Serena Camper

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I was worried they would ruin Frozen like they did with Peter Pan, but they did a pretty decent job so far. Everyone's perfectly casted, the script is wonderful so far, and I only see a small margin for error.

Really though, the first half of season three doors not exist.

10. JirachiWish

JirachiWish You only get two wishes

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I think my parents watch it. I don't really like shows like that though. :P

11. Suicuneprotector

PokéPoints:
    ₽29.0
    Yay! More people who like Once Upon a Time. But I'm a bit behind on it. Think I'm on like the fourth or fifth episode of Season 4. I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.