1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dawn, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Dawn

Dawn La vie est drôle

Cresselia
    (Cresselia)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,104.6
    Two can be as bad as one
    It's the loneliest number since the number one

Would you prefer to spend your free time alone, or in the company of others? Do you generally find that you get to spend your free time how you would prefer to, or do you find yourself in undesirable situations, be that surrounded by people who just won't leave you alone or by yourself longing for company?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    I always prefer spending my time with someone else. I usually have to stay alone in my own house due to my sibling finding a job. So I'm either alone or talking to a friend through discord.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Laserdragon14

Laserdragon14 Dragon Maverick

Falchion
    (Honedge)
    Level 22
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,429.1
    Flame Orb ★★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I usually like spending time by myself or with a close friend but I find that when there are a bunch of people around, I would like at least one that would talk to me and not give me or make me give a small talk, which is why I only have one maybe two rl close friends and the reason why I hang out with you guys a lot.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    In my free time, I'm an author, so being alone with nothing but the sound of music in my ears is what'd I'd rather have instead of being with people. And I'm kind of smart, so I know how to get away when I'm not exactly needed. This helps get me in suitable situations where I can think and work without people over my shoulder. But if that doesn't work out, I just draw and write on paper. I don't feel as embarrassed then because, well, I'm honestly not going to draw or write them out digitally. So, yeah, I honestly get both ends of the spectrum. I don't mind either. It's nice to be with others, though I don't like it all too much...

5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Definitely alone. Seems like a lot of forum members I see prefer their own company too, which does make sense since introverts tend to gather on web communities like these more often. I love being in my own company and find comfort when not sandwiched into social situations... A shy introvert like me would need to recharge from even the shortest interactions. Gets quite tiring. :<

6. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    I adore spending time alone. Ever since I was in elementary school I've been perfectly content on my own, drawing, writing, reading, cleaning, watching TV, you name it. But sometimes it's hard for me to strike a balance--despite enjoying being alone, I don't enjoy being lonely. So I make the effort to hang out with friends at least once a week besides school, just so that I don't forget about having a social life :P

7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Me yesterday:
    [​IMG]

You'll never see me at a party or a concert or one of those crowded places. I prefer being in my own place doing my own thing, with one or two people at most. Even my own birthday, I'm just going to go out to lunch with one friend, not even a full table. I'm just not comfortable that way, which is weird because I'm also totally comfortable giving presentations. Maybe it's when I know I have a clear objective in the social situation that I can stay comfortable, hmm.

And if my free time was spent in undesirable situations... it wouldn't really be my free time. It is hard for me to shake monkeys off of my back though: some people have a habit of latching onto me and not letting go, which really cuts into the comfort of my introversion and solitude.

Attached Files:

8. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Most of my time is spent alone and I like being alone, but I'd prefer being with others in groups. I spend most of my time alone in quiet environments and I love to take the time to think about things in ways I never imagined before. However, I do love talking to people and being in a group. I try to actively seek out group conversations. It sometimes gets a little overwhelming for me, but I still love it. So I'd prefer to spend my free time alone and with others.

9. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,338.0
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    I prefer to be alone or with one other person. Too many people is more of a problem to me than being alone. I don't mind being left to my own devices, but I like having company every now and then. Myself and one close friend is enough for a great time. Being in a group isn't my strong suit, and it's harder to adapt to everyone's interests.

10. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I like having some time set aside everyday where i can be by myself (which is why I'm a nightowl, because everybody else is asleep at that time), but I actually do like being around people. I can get anxious around them, and it can get overwhelming sometimes to the point that I just want some space, but depending on my mood, the people, and the circumstances, I enjoy company.

11. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Free time?
    I'd prefer sleeping or using mobile.