1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ooops! Left another tab open...

Discussion in 'Pokémon Catcher' started by Bubbles, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Bubbles

Crystal
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.5
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Heart Scale ★★
    Have any of you guys accidentally had another tab open to view a topic and tried to catch a Pokémon on another? If so you probably got an error and had to refresh, thus the Pokémon you wanted to catch escapes. This happened to me a while ago with an eevee, but thankfully I ended up finding another one later. What unfortunate moments have any of you guys had with this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Geroniny likes this.
  2. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I've had this happen to me about...hmm, 4 times I think. 3 of those times I only had one tab open, so I don't know what's going on there. The things I've lost that I can remember are an Omanyte and a Legendary Egg.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I had it happen with the first egg I came across but luckily I've caught a whole clutch of them now!

4. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    I've personally never done that, but then again, I haven't even been here a full week yet. I actually caught an Eevee last night, and I was so nervous because I only had one ball. But it worked, though, and now little Steven has the honor of being my first Eevee :3 but I'm definitely gonna make sure not to leave multiple tabs open, now that I know it can be bad.

5. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    This is actual a defence against a major glitch within the catcher. Only hunt with one LV tab people.

-Professor Apawn-a-tree

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Sorry folks. :') Just hunt with one tab and you'll be all good. Unfortunately if we didn't add this, people would be able to SEVERELY cheat and that ain't cool.

Apawn likes this.
  7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I had this happen once when trying to capture a Legendary Egg. I was opening up tabs for multiple topics to look at/respond to them, and I'm always in the habit of closing out the Catcher in the other tabs before going after a catch.

Unfortunately it didn't take, so I had to keep hunting. Thankfully Legendary Eggs are pretty easy to find, but if it were something else...
    Now I am ultra-paranoid about only opening (and checking) 1 tab at a time, in case I see something like Porygon and it passes me by.

8. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have a lot of tabs open usually, but never just to catch me some mons, so I am not too bothered when I miss a poke.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    It just happened to me again. Both the tabs had eggs. I caught neither. *Slams face against desk* Whyyyyy....

10. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    Sadly this had to be implemented to prevent cheating/abuse but generally I have a lot of tabs open for responding to threads and I would like to catch anything that is appealing but sadly I cannot. Happened again to me last night when I went to catch an egg

11. Auric

Auric Platinum Addict

Another one!!??!
    (Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽35.6
    Black Glasses ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Poké Ball ★Soda Pop ★Oran Berry ★★
    I've had this happen to me twice. One 2 days ago, with an Eevee. I was looking through the roleplay institute when that happened. Second time happened earlier today, with a snorlax. Had a Q&A thread opened up.

12. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    Once,With Pikachu That I Caught As First Pokémon In Another Tab.

13. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Found a shiny geodude but it was in another tab. ;w;

14. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    This got buried but nooooooo Aero! That is one cool shiny.

This happened to me earlier today, had a bunch of different LV tabs open and missed out on another Raikou!

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I tend to open my tabs one at a time and check, though there have been times where I just open a ton at once lately and I don't care what shows up, because there's not much of note.

Of course, one of these days that's going to happen when a shiny or something else elusive shows up and then I'll miss it. It hasn't happened yet, but it probably will one day.

16. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    That's one of my worries too. Or, when I don't have Pokeballs so I just go around posting to raise PP. I used to turn the Catcher of in those instances but we can't anymore.

17. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    Wait we can't turn off the Catchér anymore? Why?

18. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    It's a bug that needs to be fixed. Unfortunately, some members had their catcher turned off when it occurred so they can't turn it back on now :(

19. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    To explain fully, the option "Enable Pokémon Catcher" in the User CP will no longer save its changes. It's a known bug, so right now anyone who had it on has it stuck on, and the same applies for people having it stuck off.
    ...It is a bit of a bother, yes.

20. Vigilance

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Left this tab open and I think I may have got a Shiny Pokémon but I dunno.