1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Opelucid City, with 2 different flavors

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Starry Windy, Jun 9, 2016.

Tags:
?

Which look of Opelucid City do you prefer?

1. Futuristic as in Black/Black 2

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. Natural as in White/White 2

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I like both of them!

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starry Windy

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.1
    In Black and White, the last stop before you enter Pokémon League is Opelucid City, which is known to have different atmosphere depending on the game versions. In Black, Opelucid City will look futuristic with someone playing the keytar to accompany the theme, while in White, it looks somewhat more natural with a girl playing erhu to fill the theme.

Which one between these two distinctive looks of Opelucid City do you prefer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I like both of them. While playing Black i didn't knolew that the same city is in white. It was good to see another form of the same city.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I personally love the past-looks of Opelucid City more, although I really like the future version as well. The past setting has a much richer atmosphere IMO. I like the architecture there better.

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I really like the futuristic look of Opelucid City. Sure, the ancient look it has in White matches well with it's connection to Dragon types, but I feel that the city before Victory Road needs to get your blood pumping, and he calm nature of the ancient Opelucid doesn't really do that for me.

Also keytars. Keytars are cool.

5. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Having had Pokémon black and seeing the futuristic version first, I got used to seeing it that way. And I agree with Aura, it needs to be exciting to get you pumped for the Elite 4.

That being said, it's kinda cool that they did 2 different city styles. They have entirely different atmospheres, which reflects the whole point of the black and white games, opposites.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.