1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Open Mic Nights

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Strytho, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Who here enjoys a good open mic? Do you sing, tell stories, do poetry? Have you ever presented an original song?

I used to love singing songs I wrote at open mics during college but now I can't sing for the life of me due to voice changes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I have never done an open mic, but it doesn't mean I don't sing. I sing to myself all the time, usually for motivation or because I hear a good rhythm with bad lyrics (I usually find instrumentals for this). Sure, I have gone through a voice change, but at least I sound more like the masculine person I need to be. I think it'd be really fun one day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,562.9
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    (Had to look up a wiki article on what an 'open mic' was)

Well, in all of my life, I've never been in a situation where we had an open mic, besides parties of course. When I was younger then I currently am, I used to sing karaoke, but nowadays I barely ever talk. And don't even get me started on singing. I'm awful at it, so I tend to keep it to myself when no ones home.

4. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I have been to one. It was fun. I sang Let it Snow because it was almost Christmas at the time. I did okay.

5. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I did one once. It was fun, besides the stage fright. I played "Bratja" and "Zelda's Lullaby" on my Ocarina.

6. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    I did an open mic poem one time. It was before I really got into my stride as someone who like to speak, present, act, and actually write metered poetry.

Honestly, as much as I appreciate poetry now, I think having poetry longer than 1 minute read to me is incredibly boring. Unless it's slam poetry... then I have a 2 minute limit. Just like how I have a few karaoke songs in my back pocket, I might write a short poem or two for when the occasion arises.