1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Operating Systems you use

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Otter Mii-kun, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    What is the operating system (or multiple operating systems) that you use on a regular basis, whether it be on your home computer, your mobile device, and also on your school or work computers?

On my laptop, which I use the most, I have a dual boot setup of Windows 10 Home and Ubuntu 16.04. I installed Ubuntu (Linux) on it recently as I've been wanting to get away from Microsoft software from quite some time-in fact, I've been using the Windows installation on my laptop much less in recent days since installing Ubuntu.

At work, the computers I use (I'm the technology director for my workplace, which has two locations, and thus, I have two offices) have Windows 7 Professional joined to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain, though some of the other computers have Windows 10 Pro.

2. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Just windows 10 on my PC, I don't have anything else really xD

3. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    I use a windows 7 HP laptop so that way i can have a less stressful OS. It was windows 10 and i really disliked how it ran on my computer plus i missed some things that i can do on a windows 7. Every OS has ups and downs.

I use an Android phone running Kit kat as my phone has no update to Marshmellow sad

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Windows 10 on my PC, El Capitan on my laptop and lollypop on my phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I had windows 10 before the hard drive failed on my computer and we had to reset it to factory settings, so back to windows 8.1 which is super broken on my computer. Oh well

6. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I'm on macOS Sierra. Had my 15-Inch Macbook for around 3-4 years now, and it's served me very very well. I love the Mac OS a whole lot. :love: And the family computer's on Windows 10.. which I'm not a big fan of. It's had more problems in the last half year than my entire 3-4 years of being on Sierra combined. =(

7. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I use windows 7 on my computer. Its oretty good and works smoothly. I used to use windiws XP but we should we upgraded right. Yes, I know the new windows are 8 and 10 but I dont really have intention to change 7 as for now

8. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Grew up with windows 98, 99, XP, then switched to mac for laptops and phone, but I don't know their IOSs to say which is which.

9. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have always used Window PC's, currently have Window 10 on my Laptop. I do use an iPad though.

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Up until the end of last year, my main computer was using Windows XP, and despite its rather advanced age, it still was fairly functional and performed its job extremely well. It grew slower and slower over time, though that was due to its smaller RAM amount and deterioration due to age - mostly the latter. Even with only 1GB of RAM, that was rarely an impediment, though it did mean that certain sites (Google Drive, Discord) did not get along very well with my browser.

Starting this year I have been using Windows 7 Professional. It's an incredibly sturdy and powerful machine and I've found it a new welcome addition - not to mention it wasn't hard to get used to at all, since my university computers use 7 and it's very much just a touched-up version of XP.

On a side note, what I find weird is that of the people that have used Windows 10, they either really like it or really hate it, and there's virtually no in-between at all. I am honestly not sure why that is, though my theory is that it only appeals to certain kinds of people, who have specific work/behaviour patterns. This is probably why 10 does not appeal to me in the slightest, because it's far too flowery and clunky for my tastes (same reason why I don't get along with Mac OS).

I have been using Windows since 3.1, however, so it's not much surprise that I have continued to use it to this day.

11. Fantasma

Fantasma ♃☿♄

(Cubone (Alolan))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽185.1
    Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    I have a dual booth on my desktop computer with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 16.4 and I also have Ubuntu 16.4 installed on my laptop.

12. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I've had windows 7 on my desktop for years, and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon. I like it a lot more than windows 10, plus I know how everything works and I don't want to confuse myself by upgrading. My samsung galaxy S5 has marshmallow (soft and fluffy and sweet :3)

13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I have my iPhone 6 for about 6 months now, and I use it almost all the time (even right now). I have iOS 10.3.2 for it, and it works well with me, and has not yet had any problems. I'm planning on getting some kind of computer (I'm not sure about anything yet) sometime in the future though!

14. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I used windows 7 for years and its probably my favorite OS. I've recently given into windows saying I need to upgrade to windows 10 and its...ok. I prefer 7 but 10 is fine.

I've only used macs for school. I really didnt like it. The layout was just too different and close to nothing was compatible..qwq

15. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I've used Windows XP on my computer for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't been changed to this day XD If I were to update it, I'd probably go for 7 or 8. Not sure about 10 'cause I'm not familiar with it at all.

16. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    I have Windows 8 on my laptop

17. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I am running Windows 10 on my laptop!