1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gen 6 ORAS: Heavy Rain vs. Drought

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Sheep, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0

vs

fight of the century
    Which theme is better?? ♫

(loves them all)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Grimwave

Grimwave Decepticon

Megatron
    (Beldum)
    Level 7
    PokéPoints:
    ₽153.2
    Dome Fossil ★★★Premier Ball ★Darkinum Z ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Tbh I prefer Heavy Rainfall
    I have headphones on and Drought just hurts my ears

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ShinigamiMiroku

Sorceress' Knight
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,354.4
    Red Orb ★★★★★
    Drought, because that one is the one I remember the most from the original RSE - and it feels far more "OMG WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH UNLESS I HURRY!" than Heavy Rain.

4. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    I like Heavy Rain better from a "Oh that's something I could listen to in the background." However, the Drought theme is so much better in the context of the story. It's so eerie. I love it.

5. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    They both sound really cool. They both cause a sense of urgency in their own ways, with Heavy Rain sounding more like something from a timed mission in a spy game, and Drought sounding like a techno horror game kinda thing where a monster is lurking somewhere in the shadows, and you have no idea if or when it's going to attack. I haven't played either of these games, but I have a pretty good guess of what's going on during these songs, and I think that Drought fits the situation just a little bit more.

6. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    Heavy Rain sounds like it's an emergency, and if you don't hurry, everything you know and love will be washed away by the unrelenting sea.

Drought sounds like you've already lost. And a worldwide drought is much deadlier to life overall than a worldwide flood, as at least aquatic creatures would live on. In a drought I think only the most extreme of fire-types would be able to live. Lord knows if even Groudon would live through that. I would have to give an edge to the drought.

#6 Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    ShinigamiMiroku likes this.
  7. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,032.8
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Heavy Rain simply because it doesn't have a tone in it that really grates my ears and is just outright uncomfortable to for me and I just never liked ORAS' version of that theme because of that.

8. OzoneFruit

OzoneFruit Made The Arcadia Virus a Cute Anime Girl

Minior (Core Indigo)
    (Minior (Core Indigo))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽788.4
    Lucky Punch ★★★★★Eject Button ★★★★Castelia Cone ★★★Leftovers ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    Heavy Rain is a lot easier on the ears, but Drought screams "WE ARE ALL GONNA COOK TO DEATH IF SOMETHING ISN'T DONE".

9. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I absolutely love heavy rainfall. Send it my way

10. ShireHime

Meow
    (Meowstic ♀)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,408.4
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Definitely Heavy Rainfall, I've already heard it after playing my Alpha Sapphire copy and I'm glad I chose it over Omega Ruby or else I would've gotten that earsplitting Drought.

By the way, Drought sounds like it could fit with the themes for anything Ultra Beast related.

11. BraviaryScout

BraviaryScout Way of the Wind

Bravo
    (Braviary)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,847.3
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★
    Either way, it's a doomsday countdown clock. Back in the original Ruby and Sapphire, I actually thought we had a time limit to stop them before the game wiped and reset...lmao

But it's actually quite symbolic how the games are named and the heavy rain/drought. By flooding the land underwater, they're essentially resorting to the world's beginning Alpha stage before the land was above sea level. And the drought is actually what will eventually happen a long ways from now as the world begins to get closer to the sun, drying up the oceans, lakes and such unable to sustain life in its ending Omega stage.

The drought is by far the worse of the two; the Pokémon most dependent on water to survive such as the oceans would be the first to go and the predators that rely on them for food. Plants would wilt and die from the extreme heat and humanity would probably go extinct somewhere along here. Even fire-types who can withstand extreme heat will eventually be overwhelmed and I can go as far to say that Groudon would perish (unless it's contained or can flip a switch to turn off the extreme drought)

The heavy rainfall would be more beneficial to the ocean and water dwellers, not so much for land based beings...but some life would survive in this circumstance.

Either way, the music reflects the dread and the "What have I done?" part in the story. Well done in making this track eerie for both.

12. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    Drought is an incredible theme, and like others have mentioned before, it really gives off the feeling that you're already too late. Heavy Rainfall, on the other hand, makes you feel like you right in the middle of the disaster, and there's still a chance you can save them. They're both good themes, but in terms of atmosphere, Drought is miles ahead.

13. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    The heavy rain theme fits better with the Team Aqua music… That's about all I can say about it. The Drought theme is so much better at making it feel like the world is ending. It definitely wins this battle for me.

14. Friskian

Friskian Hex Maniac

Enemy Stand
    (Trickster)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.7
    Heavy Rain Please , its much better than Drought
    The reason why i think so is because i like water theme music more than Fire and things like that

#14 Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018