1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

ORAS Music vs. RSE Music

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Maantijger, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maantijger

PokéPoints:
    ₽268.5
    What do you think of the music in ORAS compared the original RSE music? In my opinion, GF didn't remaster the RSE songs quite right. Most of it was alright, but I always felt like they could've enhanced a bit more. Some songs in particulair, namely the Littleroot Town theme and the Team Leader Boss battle theme, were lackluster to the expectations I had, but there's some other ones, as well.
    Quite a few of them sounded like they were done without putting much effort into them to me, like they just swapped out the 32 bit sounds with orchestrated ones and were done with it. In HGSS, for example, while not ruining the feel of the original song, they still managed to make all the music feel fresh and new again, which is most noticeable in the remastered version of the Goldenrod City theme (original version, remastered version) and the Cherrygrove City theme (original version, remastered version), I think. Notice how the beat and the pace of the song is altered slightly while the original melody still remains. Not to mention they gave a lot of songs their own touch to match the location and atmosphere.
    Now compare the original version of the Littleroot Town theme to the remastered version. Not only did they literally copy the original theme and replace the sounds with more updated ones, in my opinion the original sounds a lot more full fledged as well. Notice the beat playing in the background beside the main melody.
    Of course this is just one example and leaving the original music untouched isn't always a bad thing, but I think they could've put more effort into an officially remastered version of such a beautiful OST like Hoenn's. So yeah, I was pretty disappointed ORAS music, especially after they completely nailed HGSS's OST and it was a quite letdown, but oh well. They did introduce some awesome new music in the form of the Zinnia battle theme, for example.
    This is just my opinion, tell me what you think ^^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mweep

mweep The Roaming Legendary

PokéPoints:
    ₽21.3
    Well, the original RSE music was quite nice, and really nostalgic, and the ORAS music(on youtube, at least) was not quite up to par, I agree. HOWEVER, it was still amazing, and I think the only problem was expectations, having too high expectations.

//alsowhyhaikyuunooooooooo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    faceless and Maantijger like this.
  3. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    I really like the remakes of the Hoenn region soundtrack. They did a really great job with some of the battle themes like the leader battle and champion battle. Although, there are some I wish they could do a better job on some of the other songs like some of the city musics and the elite four music. :sweat:

4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've got both the Official RSE Soundtrack and the Official ORAS Soundtrack, and I like them both, to be honest. RSE music reminds me of my childhood, since Emerald was the first Pokémon game I played right through, but ORAS music makes me nostalgic too, since it reminds me of how long ago my childhood was.

5. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really thought they did a good job with most of the updated tracks. A couple here and there could have been better but as a whole I thought that ORAS did an excellent job, especially when it came to battle themes.

6. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I have to agree with Nate, they did an excellent job but there are some that could be better, but over all I think they did a fantastic job with the remastered music and kept as much of the original spirit as possible.

7. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    ORAS did an amazing job remaking the tracks, but I feel a bit more at home with the rse soundtrack. I really like the in-your-face with just how cheerful the music is. I mean some of the music was sort of terrible like the drought theme in the original games, so I'm thankful for the remastered version as well.

8. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,397.0
    Emerald was my first game, so I expected to have a little bit of bias when it came to the new games and the new music.Turns out that I like the new music way better than the old music. The remastering is perfect how it is, not overdone or underdone anywhere. Each piece has obvious, careful touches in it that just makes it better.

However, I wish all the instruments were trumpets T_T

9. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I agree with Nate and Karzarill. I like the remastered tracks of ORAS very much, but some of them could have been better. It kinda depends on which songs we're talking about, since there are also tracks I prefer from RSE.

10. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    I really loved both the ORAS soundtracks and the RSE soundtracks. They are both completely amazing, and music that can be listened to for a while without getting old! From ORAS, I particularly loved Zinnia's theme. What's not to love about it? Also, I can say Deoxys' theme was remastered in a spectacular way.

11. Apawn

Apawn Modern Gen 2 Artist

Nosejob
    (Nosepass)
    Level 49
    PokéPoints:
    ₽360.7
    Shiny QuilavaQuilava
    I like both ORAS and RSE music, I just kindof wish that ORAS had more trumpets thou (as that is one of the many things that I remember the most about Hoenn).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.