1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

ORAS OU COMMUNITY CREATE A TEAM

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Skullbash, Nov 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skullbash

Skullbash I will become the Pirate King

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    GS Ball ★★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    ORAS OU Community Create A Team

With the increasing ORAS hype, we will begin a CCAT (Community Create A Team) in which we will create a team to be used in the current ORAS OU tier, which is bound to be the new OU tier soon. Although Smogon hasn't been focusing much on fixing up this tier, the rules are basically all the usual clauses and bans found in OU, with the addition of Move Tutor moves and new Mega Stones. No other Pokémon have been banned, however, because the evidence against them foreshadows a potential ban, we will NOT be using Salamencite. Pardon the inconvenience.

Step 1: Picking our main Pokémon
    Here is where we will select our feature Pokémon to be utilized in our team. The set/Mon should be uncommon, but not so much as to be gimmicky; we want just the right blend of surprise factor and general potency. We'll start by posting nominations below; after we have obtained enough of these we will vote to determine the star Pokémon of this CCAT. Please do not comment on sets posted; we can alter/overhaul those after we vote. We're looking more at the idea of a Pokémon more than the set, for example DD Tar is what you would vote for instead of the specific set provided. Examples of acceptable Pokémon can be found below:

Spoiler:- Format:
    Vivillon@leftovers
    Ability: Compound Eyes
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
    Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Substitute
    - Sleep Powder
    - Hurricane
    Followed by a brief justification of why you nominate that Pokémon. For example, my Vivillon sets up on cheap things that can't hurt it (lol breloom) or anything that can fall asleep, then take some turns to set up, using Substitute to guard yourself from status, and sweep.
    Have in mind that the abbreviations for stats are as follows: HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe
    The reason it is important to use the right format is because this is the "code" Pokémon Showdown understands, and I am a lazy busy person who will copy-paste whenever I can, meaning that it will then take someone an extra 10 minutes to format the team correctly to test it... -_-
    After we nominate, we'll vote; every person will vote for two Pokémon they want to be our feature, and the highest vote getter will become our new star Pokémon. After this It'll be time for...

Step 2: Selecting Teammates
    No matter how awesome our pick is, he probably won't be able to wreck teams by himself. This is where we'll add the other 5 to complement our main Pokémon. We'll nominate and vote for each one, who should follow the guidelines below:
    Pokémon 2: Should address the major weakness the main Pokémon possesses, whether those are thematic (e.g Special Walls) or Specific (E.g Heatran).
    3: Should work to fix any problems main Pokémon & Pokémon 2 have.
    4: This Pokémon decides which direction were going with this team (e.g, Offence, Stall, Weather if not already added)
    5&6: Patch any holes and added amenities to the team (Rocks, Rapid Spin, etc.)
    This should make an excellent team.
    We will be nominating and voting for these one at a time so please be patient. We will take 3 days for each nomination.

Step 3: Ladder testing
    It may seem like a great team on paper, but hey, so do most of mine, and they all suck. This is where we all find out what our team is made of on the PS ladder. We'll work to fix and make changes to the team as necessary, and see if someone can hit the exclusive Number 1 spot on the ladder with the team.

At this time we will begin the nominations for our Base Pokémon!
    If you are still unsure of how to nominate, I'll post first so you get a better understanding.
    Also just a reminder we are just nominating. We will end the nominations for the base Pokémon on December 1st. Then we will begin voting for the base Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Skullbash

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    My nomination
    [​IMG]
    Puff (Altaria) @ Altarite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Return
    - Dragon Claw / Outrage / Roost / Substitute
    Dragon/Fairy typing is amazing providing resistances to the common Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Fighting, Bug and Dark moves and there's now an immunity to Dragon, quite possibly the most spammed typing in the tier. This lets Altaria set up on some of it's fellow Mega Evolutions including Mega Sceptile and Mega Gallade (somewhat I suppose on the latter). Adamant Nature and max Speed ties with Dragonite of the same spread, something again Altaria sets up on. Earthquake + Return is all you need really; set up with Dragon Dance and watch the mayhem unfold. Last spot can include your chosen Dragon attack or Roost for longevity. Substitute could see use I suppose when setting up.

3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Starting a Team request of OU with a PU Pokémon? D:. And also you are spending a Mega slot. Why you don't nominate a leader first?. All teams needs a leader, a leader supporter, a core and a correct Synergy setter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Skullbash

Ralts ♂
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,895.3
    Trying to nominate something simple as this is the first CCAT on LV. Like I said, it's not set in stone that that is the first Pokémon as nobody else has nominated anything different and we haven't voted yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.