1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Outer beauty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cherry3Fairy, Jan 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Thread inspired by @Dawn's thread here in the lounge itself.
    Tho people say that inner beauty matters the most, which is 100% true, we all know that outer beauty is important as well. So, what is outer beauty to you? Fair skin, height, hair, moles, freckles, birth marks, (blah blah blah) etc.? What makes you go, "that's what you call beautiful!"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,473.3
    I think that I'm one of those people who doesn't really care about outer beauty that much and rather prefers inner beauty and personality. I mean, a guy/girl can be beautiful/handsome, but eh, move on. And people have different standards of beauty anyway. Besides, a person can be beautiful/handsome to the eye, but more often than not, they have a very piss-poor personality, and are usually a**holes, in my experience. I like how I look, and I'm not going to change it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Wings likes this.
  3. Gazi

Lilith
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,871.2
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    There are a couple of things that I find physically attractive in most cases, though there are always exceptions. For the most part, I like soft hair, eyes with a striking color that just makes it pop (doesn't matter what color, deep brown, crimson green, stormy gray, ocean blue, it's just got to stand out). I like some freckles, though that may just be because I absolutely love red hair. The only color of hair that can compete with red for me is natural platinum blonde, like Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter movies blonde. There are other things that I find physically attractive, but these are the ones that come to my mind right now.

4. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    In my opinion, I'm a gorgeous person with nothing to lose but his ego and the few friends he has. But in all honesty, I would never say people really have outer beauty. I understand it, but I can never say I really ever cared about it. It just makes me feel a little disgusted inside. I get looking good and neat and stuff, but the rest is just... no. Just be who you are, and that's the real beauty. Outer looks only matter if you have that high/low of an ego.

5. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    FAIR SKIN!! I'm absolute insane for fair skin! Let me make it more clear, I'm absolute insane for guys with fair skin. They look so handsome and beautiful! And if a guy has fair skin, good hair, brown eyes, thick eyelashes, fit&fine body, good height&weight, I'll go crazy for him. That doesnt mean I'll go down on my knees and propose to that guy, thats insane. Uh well...I'll just look at him, either peeking or staring. There sure is one guy right now in my head while typing this... ♡○♡

6. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    PSA for people who are self conscious!!!! Science has proven that people with positive seeming personalities are seen as more attractive, and people with negative personality traits are ranked as less attractive. So basically what the study found out was this: although a person may seem average when you first meet them, the closer you get to know them in a positive way, the prettier they will appear! In short, being a good person and a kind soul automatically makes you attractive. So basically so long as you have friends, someone considers you to be beautiful! I personally find my friends to be very good-looking, and I would do anything to support their self esteem regarding body image.

I personally think having preferences for beauty is insane. Beauty is so diverse that it’s hard for me to pinpoint what features are “standards for beauty” because... there are pretty people in all categories, and it would be unfair to select one category and say “This! This is the pinnacle of perfection!” I especially hate it when people have a preference for race. People have told me they find mixed race children to be more attractive, and while I am mixed race myself, I just think that’s creepy and close-minded. If people unintentionally find themselves falling for multiple people who are the same race, that’s fine. But to actively seek out a certain race as a romantic partner? Gross.

If I had to choose though... I like people with kind and trusting eyes. It doesn’t matter the color, but sometimes you can tell when people have “mean” eyes from the way they react to something and I don’t trust that. And good hair, I guess. It’s not the most important thing in life, but it’s a good place to start since it usually correlates with hygiene (unless you’re bald?) and self-care.

On myself, I guess I really like my lips and hair and figure. I used to be self conscious about my hair because it’s curly and I was living in a straight-haired community and I just wanted to fit in in elementary school, but now I like it a lot. The best way to be attractive is to take care of yourself, and to be confident. Thank you for coming to my Ted Tal-

Absolute Zero likes this.
  7. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    Health and symmetry I think are considered beautiful by most people, and I tend to agree. Symmetry is easy to define, but what is health? Digging into my caveman lizard brain, I think health is defined alternately as "this man has the muscles and athleticism to be able to provide food for me and my offspring" or "this woman has the bodyfat necessary to survive for a while if I can't hunt enough food for us and our offspring" as the situation allows, while differences from that and more unique tastes are either cultural or individual.

Why do so many women like men who are tall? It doesn't help with hunting. Why do so many men like women who show their teeth? It doesn't help with surviving drought. Why does this woman like men who have a lot of money? It's because in her society that's a sign that life with him will be safe, comfortable, and easily provided. Why does this man like women who are taller than him? It's because his first girlfriend back in middle school was taller than him at the time. But all of these people are probably seeking facial symmetry (or badass heroic scars) and health, however health may be defined. At least that's me trying to dig into the source-code of my caveman brain.

As for what I individually find attractive, it's a lot of things. I am attracted women who are taller than me and shorter than me. Slender or curvy. Any kind of hair, any kind of eyes, any tone of skin. I mostly abide by my caveman brain saying "Is she healthy? Will she have healthy offspring to pass along my DNA? Will I enjoy spending the next 30-50 years of my with her?". And those things are unaffected by height or hair color or race or fashion sense, which means most of my determination of beauty is non-outer, which means I can find almost any outer presence beautiful.

One closing note: If you look in the mirror and find yourself unattractive, let me tell you this: you're wrong. You are attractive, it's just that you aren't attracted to the "type" you are. Someone is, a lot of someones are. You just need to find one of them.

Wings likes this.
  8. Neb

Neb Cosmog Enthusiast

AZ
    (Flabébé (O))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,229.2
    GS Ball ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Poké Ball ★Potion ★Oran Berry ★★
    Good hygiene. It shows you care about how you present yourself and that you want to be clean. When I meet someone with poor hygiene, I tend to see them as less attractive. Otherwise, I have no real preference for outward appearance.

#8 Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    Wings likes this.
  9. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    Since I'm very self-conscious about how I look, I don't really consider looks in real life. I fall for their personality and who they are. Though I personally think my BF looks way better with facial hair than not. But he's handsome either way.

Now fictional guys... Mmm
    A strong jawline, well-groomed facial hair and sharp eyes. That is what I like

10. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Good hygiene. Call me mean but I won't even associate with you if you're dirty.
    This includes your house/living area.

11. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    Outer beauty usually has very little place in my mind. I more consider the personality of the person to be the more important factor and ignore their outward appearance. That being said, I'm aware that how someone makes themselves physically appear, is related to their personality. Things that I find actually beautify to look at are landscapes and not people and because I look at personality first, I don't see people's physical looks as beautiful. That being said, I do hate seeing too much make up because it always looks fake. I don't mind make up as a whole, but if I can tell its there, its too much. I also dislike facial hair, it just really isn't my thing.

12. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i like pretty eyes. and apparently i have a thing for chubby/bigger dudes i guess

i mostly just focus on personality though. my boyfriend has a lovely personality. his good looks are just a bonus to me.