1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Must Read Passing the Torch

Discussion in 'Valor Archive' started by Ryan, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    Hey, everyone. I'm writing this to inform you that I'll be taking an official and indefinite hiatus from Lake Valor.

I've given nine years of my life to all the different iterations of LV, including PGEF. It's been an amazing experience and I've gotten to know so many great people. Unfortunately, I'm tired and burned out. I don't have the energy or time that LV needs anymore. While there's a good chance I'll return in the future, my activity has been low for a while, and I'm lacking motivation. You'll likely still see me around Discord or occasionally on the forums, but I won't be participating in any staff activities.

LV's funds will be transferred to @Vigilance. You guys are in great hands with the staff team we have now, and I trust them to keep LV in top shape.

Love you guys always!
    Ryan

2. Momo Kiseki

Riolu
    (Riolu)
    Level 30
    PokéPoints:
    ₽847.5
    Big Nugget ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    It's sad to hear that, T_T we all know how hard you've worked. Thank you for everything you've done for the website! =)
    For the short time It was that I've been here I've found you to be an amazing person.
    Thanks again! Hope I do see you on the forums here and there :3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ryan likes this.
  3. Gwoomy

Gwoomy french goo

HOLY SHIT
    (MissingNo.)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,620.6
    Dragon Scale ★★★Marshadium Z ★★★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★Animal Crossing Leaf ★
    YOU ARE AMAZING.
    Best wishes for the future!! *_*
    Take your time to rest <3 You deserve it so much! LOVE :blush:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Ryan and Momo Kiseki like this.
  4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I'll miss you! But I understand you must do what's best, and people have given you a lot of trouble too.

Best of luck!

Ryan likes this.
  5. Vaquero

Vaquero Member of the Charicific Valley

King Crimson
    (Charizard)
    Level 41
    PokéPoints:
    ₽946.5
    Have a good one dude

Ryan likes this.
  6. ChocoChicken

Krysmus Azelv (lol)
    (Krysmus Azelv)
    Level 33
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,004.5
    Misty's EmblemLegendary Triforce ★★
    It's sad to hear that you're stepping down, but you did a great job. We won't forget everything you've done. I hope you take a long, well-deserved rest. And don't be afraid to come on every now and then!

Ryan likes this.
  7. RadEmpoleon

RadEmpoleon certified EPIC Gamer™

Bondo
    (Sobble)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,003.8
    Comet Shard ★★★★Poké Doll ★★
    Thanks for your work around the site my dude.

Ryan likes this.
  8. Shadria

Shadria Impish Illusionary Kitsune

Lucan
    (Ralts ♂)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽501.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Helix Fossil ★★★Sun Stone ★★★
    I'll miss you! :'c

Ryan likes this.
  9. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,644.3
    It's sad to see you go, but you need to do what you think is best for you. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Ryan likes this.
  10. Riddles

Riddles Extra Spooky

Grimm
    (Duskull)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,645.4
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    I wish you the best, Ryan! We'll all miss you!

Ryan likes this.
  11. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Thank you for all you've done so far! I wish you the best in your future endeavors!

Rezna and Ryan like this.
  12. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    You’ve no idea how much I and everyone else appreciates you for bringing LV to life. Thank you for your work across the years, and I know the site is in excellent hands with Vig. <3

13. Barandofl

Barandofl The eyeless user

AeroHail
    (Mew)
    Level 101
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,471.2
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Crown of Valor
    Thank you Ryan, for all of the hard work that you've done. You've done so much for this site, and we can't thank you enough for it. I think it's safe to say that we all wish for you to live a fulfilling life and resolve all of your problems as soon as possible. Make sure to frequently visit every once in a while. We'll miss you.

#13 Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  14. Wizard

Wizard Do you feel it? The moon's power!

Cupidueye
    (Decidueye (Cupid))
    Level 113
    PokéPoints:
    ₽9,269.2
    Hey man, I hope you enjoy your hiatus! We will take good care of the Lake while you're gone. Let's definitely make a cute farm on Stardew Valley sometime!

You've done a lot of good here and we all appreciate the foundation you have placed here for all of us. Take care, my dude!

15. TripleAAABattery

TripleAAABattery Look at my fluff! LOOK AT IT

Gottem
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 45
    PokéPoints:
    ₽991.0
    You've done a lot for the site. I'm sad to see you go, man, but i understand no longer having the time. I hope you enjoy your hiatus, however long it is, and look forward to seeing you back .u.

16. Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero The second seal

Jeff
    (Spinarak)
    Level 19
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,869.8
    We'll miss you, friendo! Thanks for all the hard work! Take care of yourself, and be sure to stop by and say hi!

Rezna, Ryan and Barandofl like this.
  17. Moonstruck-Mist

HoverBoots
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 35
    PokéPoints:
    ₽544.9
    I've already cried away all my tears earlier, so I can't shed any right now
    It's sad to see that you'll be having to pass on the torch, but a young and naïve guy like me wouldn't really understand that all too well, especially with how much energy I naturally have. But... nothing great lasts forever, not even if we want it to.
    Thank you so much for making this community and caring for it as well as you have done. You created a place for people to connect and find people who are like them. You've made a place to throw away our fears and be who we are. If Vigil has even half of that spark, then this site will keep burning with the passion of a thousand suns.
    Thank you so much for everything, Ryan. And to the years of peace and rest ahead for you.

18. Geroniny

Geroniny The Spacecraft Of Miracle

Azure
    (Kyogre)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽771.9
    Dawn Stone ★★★★Blue Orb ★★★★★Charizardite X ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★
    You Really Need A Rest Like Ben As Both Of You Really Given All Of Both Of Your's Life To LV. I Actually Read The Whole History Of LV Again As I Write This Comment. Just Enjoy Your Rest And All Your Best For Your Future, You Always Have This Amazing Community's Back! As For Now, Thanks For Setting A Strong Foundation To LV! We, Will, Continue The Foundation Into The Future, Even When You Are Not Around Time To Time!

19. Toxic

Toxic Idk I'm bored

Lugia Egg
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽176.8
    I'll miss you. :(

But honestly you deserve a break.

Ryan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.