1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Path To Vengeance

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Pyr0Devil, Oct 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pyr0Devil

Pyr0Devil Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    This is my new fanfic! Check it out on Fanfiction.net please!
    User: Pyr0Devil
    Fic link: Path To Vengeance
    Here is the first chapter! Enjoy!
    EDIT: I forgot to put this on my other fics here, I won't post every chapter on LV, I just post the prologue/first chapter/sample. If you guys want to read more, check it out on FF. Thank you

"I have learned now that while those who speak about one's miseries usually hurt,
    Those who keep silence hurt more."
    - C.S. Lewis
    "Nerd!" I heard behind me as I got shoved. I sighed into the muddy ground as I heard laughter above me, this happens every day when school ends. I made no effort to lift myself off the ground, instead just lying on the soggy ground, getting soaked in the rain. This is weirdly peaceful... I might even go as far as to say that I'd rather stay here than go home...
    "Come on... Get up, Max" a soft voice spoke. I slowly rolled over onto my back and saw Lindsey, my best friend, well... my only friend in this hell-hole of a high school. I groaned and picked myself off the ground.
    "Here!" She handed me a large brown bag
    "What is this?" I asked, my voice sounding tired
    "Your present, of course! Don't tell me you forgot your own birthday!" She was shocked. Oh, right, my birthday. I sighed, I've been doing that a lot recently, and took the bag to look inside it. It was a bunch of books and comics, I like it
    "Wow... This is great! Thanks Lind" I gave her a hug, making her clothes a bit messy too
    "Oops... sorry" I looked down in shame
    "Never mind. Have a nice day!"
    "Thanks... for everything, Lindsey"
    "Like I said, no problem!" She replied. Like I said, she's the only friend I have here. She's great, kind, caring and everything, I really don't deserve her. I began my long trek back to the apartment where my dad and I live. Where's my mom?... She died in a car accident and I was left with a dick-head known as my father
    Once I reached the apartment, I rode the lift up to the fifteenth floor.
    "Get me a beer!" My 'dad' yelled at me just as I opened the door. He was with three other guys, playing poker on the round table in our living room
    "What? No hello?" I murmured. Apparently he heard it since an empty can of cheap beer hit my face hard. I shut up and went into the kitchen to fetch a beer. I went back and gave it to him; he popped it open and took a sip, and tossed the almost-full can at me, drenching me in beer. The four assholes laughed at this. I made my way to my bedroom when my dad called out
    "By the way, no dinner for you tonight! But if it makes you feel better, your food was delicious!"
    "Well, you could buy them if you actually get your lazy fucking ass out of this apartment and WORK for once!" I snapped. The room fell silent as my dad lazily made way towards me. He suddenly pushed me and pinned me against the wall
    "I beg your pardon?" He hissed. I recoiled because his breath reeked of alcohol
    "I was saying, if you actually worked for once then you'd have money!" I shouted in his face
    "Say that again" He hissed again
    "I never took you for a deaf person, dad" My voiced dripped with sarcasm. He looked at me with eyes of rage and punched me once, twice, three times.
    "You live under my roof. This is my turf! You obey by my rules, get it?!" he shouted as he turned back and walked to the poker table
    "Motherfucker!" I jumped him and punched him rapidly, yet it did not seem to do a thing. He lifted me off of him and threw me into the wall. Ow, I'll be feeling that in the morning.
    "Get the hell out of my sight" He said. I got up, went into the kitchen, grabbed a beer then sneaked my way up to my room with the can. I placed the bag and beer down on my bed before going to the bathroom to take a shower. After getting out of the shower and feeling somewhat refreshed, I sat on my bed and started reading the first volume of the comic Lindsey gave me, all the while sipping my beer. I know, I'm too young to start drinking beer; when Lindsey found out about me drinking, she launched into multiple lectures on how drinking is bad, especially for someone my age. So we compromised, I promised to drink less than what I usually do before, which was at least two cans a day. Now, I only drink when I feel really stressed or needed one, about 5 cans a week.
    I continued reading books until I was done with the whole comic. I looked at the clock, 8pm. Shit, I was hungry. I went to the kitchen to find if there was anything that's at least edible. While looking in the cupboards though, a forceful punch connected with the back of my head, knocking my face into the floor. That fucking hurts
    "Consider that a lesson, you don't talk to me that way, especially not in front of my friends! And by the way, you won't find anything; I ate it all" My dad's voice boomed above me. I grunted as he walked away. Seems like I won't be eating anything, again. I really don't want to stay here anymore, but I don't know where to go. Well... I DO know one place and how to get there, but I'm a bit scared of it. And if I do, Lindsey will be very sad. I stayed on the ground for a bit and considered my choices. That's it, I can't stand this anymore, I'm going with the plan.
    I sighed. At last, I'll be free of this cluster-fuck of a life. I went into the bathroom and opened the cabinet next to the mirror and took out a blade for the razor. I went to fill up the bathtub with water. I played with the blade until the water filled up the large bath tub. Once it was filled up, I turned off the tap.
    "I'm sorry Lindsey. Sorry for what I'm about to do; I never even have the chance or courage to tell you how I feel towards you. I'm sorry" I let a tear drip onto my arm before using the blade to slit both my wrists. I then threw the blood-stained blade into the bin and lay down in the water-filled tub. The water drawing out the blood from my body at a quicker pace. I did not hurt, in fact, I felt nothing. Just peacefulness, that's all I felt.
    I lay there, I did not know how long it was. Minutes, maybe hours, passed when I suddenly felt my eyelids droop, I was losing too much blood. So this is what dying feels like, it's oddly calm and serene, I thought it'd be painful and torturing.
    "Mom... I'll see you soon. Sorry Lindsey, I just can't take it anymore" I mumbled. I closed my eyes and all went black
    I opened my eyes. Hm... I was floating in nothing, there wasn't anything here. The void was grey, everywhere I looked.
    "Am I dead?" I asked myself. Then there was a cute giggle coming from behind me. I whipped around and my jaw dropped
    "Hello Max"
    "You two aren't supposed to exist" I replied, shocked
    "Then what are you looking at? Of course we exist, silly!" A pink cat replied
    "S-so... you're really Arceus and Mew?!"
    "Duh" Arceus rolled his eyes
    "How come I've never seen Pokémon before? Only in games..." I asked, confused. Weren't Pokémon just a console game?
    "We live in another dimension, a parallel universe. One where humans don't exist" Mew answered
    "Aaaand why are you here?"
    "I saw that this universe apparently has no God, so I came to govern the world along with my world" Arceus answered
    "Aaand what does this have to do with me?"
    "Why you little-"
    "Arcy, calm down" Mew said. Arceus breathed deeply for a minute before answering me
    "You asked what I was doing here, so I answered you. But if you mean why are you here"
    "That's exactly what I asked"
    "You see, I know about your life and what you've been through. I think its fair that I grant you another chance at life, at least this one should be better than your last. I foresee you going on an adventure in your new life" Arceus explained coolly in his deep, mature voice. I was silent for a moment, trying to get over the shock that a Pokémon God has just offered a new life for me
    "I-I... Where will I be born? Las Vegas? New York? London?" I asked
    "Silly, you'll be born in a cave" Mew giggled as she did flips around me. I avoided looking at her because watching her fly around me would only make me dizzy.
    "A CAVE?! Of all the places I would be born in, of-fucking-course it has to be a cave"
    "You know that's rude right? Maybe I just won't let you reborn, just leave you here to die" Arceus muttered
    "Now now Arcy" Mew leaned in and whispered to him. I couldn't hear what Mew said but I did caught a few words. Something like 'under orders', 'get mad' and 'torture'. Hm... I don't get it.
    "I know, Mew. But of all the humans he could've picked, it's gotta be a cheeky, ungrateful bastard" Arceus replied in his normal voice. Great, now God hates my guts
    "Just do it" The psychic cat replied
    "Max... I didn't tell you this. Maybe you'll be born in a cave, but you'll be a riolu, in the world with only Pokémon, our world"
    "Okay... I guess that makes up for the fact that I'll be born in a cave"
    "Now... are you ready to rumbleee?!" Mew shouted beside Arceus
    "Ow... I almost went deaf with that shout. Anyways, are you ready Max?"
    "Yes"
    "By the way, your memory will be suppressed, you can recall your human memories but it'll be hard and you'll be named Solis, not Max. Now, let your path to vengeance begin" He told me rapidly as my body glowed with a very bright light. Wait, path to vengeance? Only some memory? New name?
    "What the fuck is gonna happeeennnnnn?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.